Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those slugs are great. Pretty accurate, and low recoil. Of course, your SG has to function with them. They run great in my JM930, but it seems the recoil operation of the 3K needs a heavier or faster slug.

Not a criticism of the 3K, just the nature of the beast.

Edited by mpom

I had a thought: when I put mine together I went back and fourth on how long of a magazine tube I was going to run, so maybe having pics of different configurations might make it easier on the next guy.

mine is 26"

with a plus 9 nordic/moa tube

extends past the end of the barrel by 8"

giving a 55.75" overall length

2014rifleandshotgun.jpg

Holy crap I have read thru this thread for the last 3 days and I have finally finished it. Now I can't remember half of it. It sucks getting old,could somebody please provide a link to which tube will work on the m3000 and also if possible a link to which rail you use to mount a optic.

Thanks CRS. (Can't remember sh##)

Holy crap I have read thru this thread for the last 3 days and I have finally finished it. Now I can't remember half of it. It sucks getting old,could somebody please provide a link to which tube will work on the m3000 and also if possible a link to which rail you use to mount a optic.

Thanks CRS. (Can't remember sh##)

Here order from Tom with MOA he knows a lot about the Stoeger M3K

http://moaprecision.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=3

I have 950 rounds through my 24" Stoeger. I've had one FTE on a 1200fps Remy slug and another on a Fed 3dram. I have shot mostly Fed bulk 3 dram, some Estate 3 dram and Remy 1200fps slugs. There was a period that I was getting a few FTE's but it was because I added a weight in the buttstock while trying to shoot 3 dram shells. When I removed the weight, the issue went away(no fault of the gun). I'm still very happy with my M3K. :cheers:

Thanks for the vid Jesse. It inspired me to put together my 24" M3000 that I picked up this past Thursday :)

I didn't put too much into it yet as I want to see what I'm going to like (or dislike) about the gun when I test it out and break it in next weekend. So far I've done the following:

Nordic +5 mag tube extension w/MOA nut

MOA double sided safety

GG&G M2 charging handle (turned it down to fit/cycle properly)

Nordic M2 bolt release

Nordic follower

Limbsaver slip-on recoil pad (had it laying around from an 870)

Polished mag tube

Polished action bar where it contacts the mag tube

Champion EasyHit green front sight (haven't put it on yet)

Working on the M3000 is super easy and fun, but I'll admit the only thing that took me longer than expected was getting the magazine spring retaining cap out since I didn't have the right tools to compress it. But once I figured out a way to clamp it with some punches and needle nose pliers (and some patience), I finally got it out a few minutes later.

I'm 6'3" so the LOP feels pretty good when I shoulder the gun right now, but that may change after next weekend. If I cut my stock down, I'll get a Kick Eez pad and grind it to fit. I'll also decide if I want to enlarge the loading ports and get more serious with the gun later. But for now, and after the $50 MIR, I'm in the gun at around $635.

btw, my 5 yr old below is approx 45" tall, so the 24" barrel M3000 is slightly longer than him :P

49.jpg

54.jpg

65.jpg

73.jpg

M3000_Smiley.jpg

Thanks for the vid Jesse. It inspired me to put together my 24" M3000 that I picked up this past Thursday :)

I didn't put too much into it yet as I want to see what I'm going to like (or dislike) about the gun when I test it out and break it in next weekend. So far I've done the following:

Nordic +5 mag tube extension w/MOA nut

MOA double sided safety

GG&G M2 charging handle (turned it down to fit/cycle properly)

Nordic M2 bolt release

Nordic follower

Limbsaver slip-on recoil pad (had it laying around from an 870)

Polished mag tube

Polished action bar where it contacts the mag tube

Champion EasyHit green front sight (haven't put it on yet)

Working on the M3000 is super easy and fun, but I'll admit the only thing that took me longer than expected was getting the magazine spring retaining cap out since I didn't have the right tools to compress it. But once I figured out a way to clamp it with some punches and needle nose pliers (and some patience), I finally got it out a few minutes later.

I'm 6'3" so the LOP feels pretty good when I shoulder the gun right now, but that may change after next weekend. If I cut my stock down, I'll get a Kick Eez pad and grind it to fit. I'll also decide if I want to enlarge the loading ports and get more serious with the gun later. But for now, and after the $50 MIR, I'm in the gun at around $635.

btw, my 5 yr old below is approx 45" tall, so the 24" barrel M3000 is slightly longer than him :P

49.jpg

54.jpg

65.jpg

73.jpg

M3000_Smiley.jpg

Didn't put much into it? There isn't much left you could do to it! Shoot slugs before you cut it to pieces!!!

All I do is take a flat head screwdriver and pry the it to get it started then you can take a pair of pliers and get it the rest of the way out with out the cap and spring flying. But wear safety glasses just in case.

Didn't put much into it? There isn't much left you could do to it! Shoot slugs before you cut it to pieces!!!

Already have a bunch of 1300~1500 fps 1oz slugs and buckshot to put through it first. Then a I'll try out the Wallyworld value pack 3-dram Federal shot shells afterwards.