Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

We have had 4 reports recently of tight threads on the extension nuts. The inside diameter of the threads on the steel factory tube have in all cases measured so far been about .010 larger than the ID on all M3000s to this point. We have just finished machining a batch of adapters with oversize minor diameters, and are awaiting their return from anodize. If anyone has this issue, please call us and we will replace at no charge as soon as the oversize adapters are in. We don't want to change our standard ID unless absolutely necessary, as these oversize IDs (0.970" minor thread diameter) leave only .015" per side of thread depth.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the serial numbers of the ones with tight threads? I just picked up a m3000 and am planning on ordering an extension through you within the week.

Also, someone posted a whole ago saying they ground down their spacer on the outside of the magazine tube. Has anyone tried shooting without the spacer to see the difference in performance?

Edited by Punkface

Wow, I read all 73 pages! I'm new here and found the forum while searching the M3000. A wealth of information in this thread.

I have been using an early model Rem1100 for 3 gun. I put a 22" Competition Master barrel on it. It functions 100% even with ultra cheap/light loads, but it's heavy and slow to load. I was planning to get an M2 until I saw a couple youtube vids about the Stoeger. Some guys at my local 3 gun have also been talking about it. I found a 24" at my LGS for $485, and I think I'm going to go for it.

I am looking forward to getting my m3k. I'll probably just put the ext tube on it and see how it runs after a few boxes of various loads and slugs. Once I feel good about it's function, I'll start cutting the port. Going to go ahead and order some goodies from MOA though

I am looking forward to getting my m3k. I'll probably just put the ext tube on it and see how it runs after a few boxes of various loads and slugs. Once I feel good about it's function, I'll start cutting the port. Going to go ahead and order some goodies from MOA though

I am confident you won't be disappointed. Tough to beat.

Gonna make some of you jealous tomorrow, will be posting pics :)

Well its tomorrow today so where is the pictures?

LOL, thanks for calling me out :) Its been raining here and wanted to get better pics. Long story short I was running some drills with some buddies of mine and one of them was holding my Stoeger and it fell and landed on some rocks. Needless to say it got gouged up and I was like Fu$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Well it motivated me here are some pics I cerakoted it .

post-51323-0-03802400-1420416710_thumb.j

post-51323-0-72516900-1420416720_thumb.j

post-51323-0-52074300-1420416731_thumb.j

post-51323-0-03266400-1420416742_thumb.j

Edited by Oskino

LOL, thanks for calling me out :) Its been raining here and wanted to get better pics. Long story short I was running some drills with some buddies of mine and one of them was holding my Stoeger and it fell and landed on some rocks. Needless to say it got gouged up and I was like Fu$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Well it motivated me here are some pics I cerakoted it .

Do you have any pictures of the inside of your hand guard were you attached your match saver?

Do you have any pictures of the inside of your hand guard were you attached your match saver?
I can get some for you, it was kind of a pain but I love having it mounted, the problem you will face is that there hardly any clearance for the "nut" portion . I had to heat the nut part and melt it in the handguard so it wouldn't disturb the action.fyi by heat I mean I just used a lighter on the nut . So what I did was figured where I wanted to drill the hole for the screw then once the hole was drilled I screwed the screw in the nut , then heated the nut then with pliers pulled up on the screw melting the nut into the handguard till there was clearance. Hope the makes sense. Edited by Oskino

Wow, that ended up really nice. DIY?

I can get some for you, it was kind of a pain but I love having it mounted, the problem you will face is that there hardly any clearance for the "nut" portion . I had to heat the nut part and melt it in the handguard so it wouldn't disturb the action.

What size screw do you use? Could a Chicago Screw be used?

https://mc2office.com/ProdImages/Categories/ChicagoScrews.jpg

I can get some for you, it was kind of a pain but I love having it mounted, the problem you will face is that there hardly any clearance for the "nut" portion . I had to heat the nut part and melt it in the handguard so it wouldn't disturb the action.
Thanks! Any help would be great. It does sound like a pain.

Wow, that ended up really nice. DIY?

Yes it's rather easy, ... I do have prior paint experience and I'm pretty good with my hands . By the way your Loading port looks great, good job!! ....usmc I edited my prior post I explained how i installed the mathsaver which I also made that as well... kydex :)

Edited by Oskino