Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a better video

I'm interested to know how close the loading ports on these guns are to the port work Patrick Kelley did for his original article. I'm also one of the shorter people who is interested in the compact stock as a stand alone part to replace the standard stock.

here's a better video

I'm interested to know how close the loading ports on these guns are to the port work Patrick Kelley did for his original article. I'm also one of the shorter people who is interested in the compact stock as a stand alone part to replace the standard stock.

I'd say about 2/3 of what Pat did and about 1/2 as much as you can safely remove. The factory is only gonna go so far. They have to make sure there is a certain safety factor built in so they know its not gonna break no matter how many 1800 fps turkey loads someone shoots through it. Remember they gotta warranty their product. The amount the factiry removed is as much or more then I've seen on any other 3-gun shotgun. It's plenty for the first time shooter to be able to drop dueces successfully. If you want to load at world class speeds you're gonna have to do more on any factiry gun.

I'd say about 2/3 of what Pat did and about 1/2 as much as you can safely remove. The factory is only gonna go so far. They have to make sure there is a certain safety factor built in so they know its not gonna break no matter how many 1800 fps turkey loads someone shoots through it. Remember they gotta warranty their product. The amount the factiry removed is as much or more then I've seen on any other 3-gun shotgun. It's plenty for the first time shooter to be able to drop dueces successfully. If you want to load at world class speeds you're gonna have to do more on any factiry gun.

That answers my question, thanks for the info. Sounds like a good gun for a guy like me. Street price will decide I guess if getting one of these or buying a modified gun from MOA will be the better option.

Jesse, on Pats Facebook page there is a video of him shooting federal xtra light loads through it and it cycled fine. Can you expand on the improvements Stoeger has performed in the new M3K to improve reliability?

Jesse, on Pats Facebook page there is a video of him shooting federal xtra light loads through it and it cycled fine. Can you expand on the improvements Stoeger has performed in the new M3K to improve reliability?

I just watched the video. I had to go google those federal shells to find out what they are. 1100 fps 1 1/8oz is what I found. Must be new. I like them.

The only thing I suggested to Stoeger to improve the action was make sure they cut the exterior of the mag tube slower so it would be smoother. I didn't look to see if that occurred or not. The prototype gun I was sent a couple months ago was smoother then any of my other 3 guns. 1100-1145 fps 1 1/8 oz loads are going to be marginal in any inertia gun. Mine ran 1145's just fine. I'll defentily be checking out those 1100's.

That answers my question, thanks for the info. Sounds like a good gun for a guy like me. Street price will decide I guess if getting one of these or buying a modified gun from MOA will be the better option.

The standard M3000 MSRP is $599 gun broker has them for $500 or so. I'm expecting a gunbroker price of $600-650 with the $699 retail. You can add the tube for $80 and be at the same price range as the Mossberg 930.

Ok lets pose that question differently ... Is the factory opening on the "serial number" side any deeper then what can be done with the ones without the moved serial number?

Sorry I didn't see this until after the show. I'll get a pic of the M3k that's waiting for me at Accurate Iron and compare it to my original M3000 without the serial number moved back.

I called Stoeger today with a few questions about the 2 new guns.

They said the serial number on the compact is next to the loading port just like the original M3000. They also told me that the new M3K 3 gun will probably be available in 26" next year but for now its 24".

I had thought about getting one of these in the past (m3000) due mostly to this thread, but then I decided I'd buy an M2 when the time was right and because I can get a ridiculously good price on one (next month or two). Now the M3K is making my decision hard - save money and get a good gun or spend more and get the best the first time...

I had thought about getting one of these in the past (m3000) due mostly to this thread, but then I decided I'd buy an M2 when the time was right and because I can get a ridiculously good price on one (next month or two). Now the M3K is making my decision hard - save money and get a good gun or spend more and get the best the first time...

If you can afford an M2 get one. If you shoot a lot of matches get an M2. If you spend a lot of time and money on 3-gun get the M2. The M3000 is an entry level gun. The M3k will take you as far as you want to go but it won't ever be the M2.

"I really regret buying this Benelli for 3-gun," said nobody ever.

I really have to wonder of shotgun companies all decide to put the serial number near the loading port when they have all the space in the world to move it around.

I asked the same thing. Cost! They have to put a block in the receiver before they can stamp the serial number in the middle of the receiver like on the M3k. It takes more time on every gun which cuts into the guns profitability. As important as we all think 3-gun is Id bet the majority of M3k's sold in the next five years never see a 3-gun match. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

decoy26

You don't have to modify the newer Stoeger M3000 magazine tube to put a magazine tube extension on.

If you have a older Stoeger M3000 that you have to modify the magazine tube to put a magazine tube extension on you will still be able to use your old magazine tube cap.

A Benelli M2 extension will not fit the Stoeger M3000.

The Nordic Benelli Nova magazine tube extension fits the Stoeger M3000.

Carbon arms and Xrail by RCI make mono tubes for the Stoeger M3000.