Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Curling

benos

I would love to try it. Not likely to happen as long as i live in florida, as this is probably not a place it would proove very popular.

I saw a show on, I think, Discovery channel where they showed how they make the stones, It was more interesting than watching the game. (I am finding the game more interesting as I learn more of the stratagy of it.)

I would love to try it. Not likely to happen as long as i live in florida, as this is probably not a place it would proove very popular.

I saw a show on, I think, Discovery channel where they showed how they make the stones, It was more interesting than watching the game. (I am finding the game more interesting as I learn more of the stratagy of it.)

Watched Canada vs. Switzerland this morning.....damn I haven't been that anxious, nervous, and excited watching a sport in a long time. Lots of strategy and after a while you start to see how difficult technically the sport is. And once again did I mention there are some hot stone sliders out there.

carmen-schaefer-2009-3-21-6-31-2.jpg

The only Winter Olympic sports I watch are curling and the ski ski ski shoot ski ski ski shoot stuff. lol Both had some real cliff hangers this year. I can see curling picking up here in the US for a bit after the games are overwith. Not like get your face on a poster big but bigger than it has been for sure. :)

Joe W.

I have watched maybe 1 minute of curling. I don't understand it and haven't tried to. However, after looking at the calendar photos I think ladies curling is now my second favorite sport to watch, after female beach volleyball.

:wub: :wub:

Edited by Nemo

Maybe they should have to chug a beer between ends... That would make the game a little more entertaining from a spectating standpoint... cheers.gif

From what I learned this morning, at the club level, this is a fairly common practice. Especially with the Canadians.

-Chet

Maybe they should have to chug a beer between ends... That would make the game a little more entertaining from a spectating standpoint... cheers.gif

From what I learned this morning, at the club level, this is a fairly common practice. Especially with the Canadians.

-Chet

You guys really haven't played it have you, beer is an integral part of curling. Like I said, there's a reason there is a bar at every curling club. In some small towns we don't even have a local pub, just the curling club!

Ahhh, Katarina....http://www.curlingrussia.com/photo/108/7447

*swoon*

You will definitely want a copy of the Women of Curling 2010 calendar

more pics here http://www.anaarce.com/Calendario%20Curling/A-Curling%20Calendar.htm

Would it be a sin to put this calander next to a Dillon one? :cheers:

I think I just found a new sport to admire. ;)

Joe W.

Hello: Curling is just another reason to go drinking! :roflol: When I lived in Toronto we used to drink rye or scotch to keep us warm :devil: I played the game twice and had lots of fun. The first rock I threw people were diving out of the way. You don't have to throw it that hard I found out :roflol: It is much more fun than bowling since you can wipe yourself out on the ice :cheers: Thanks, Eric

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...