Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Man 3 gun team event at Topton PA

Rob,

Did your team rotate on guns? Ours kept to the same gun when we could. I shot no pistol, 12 rounds of rifle and roughly 100 rounds of shotgun. It seemed to work for us.

Yes we did switch it up. No set plan as to who shoots what on which stage though. I started on rifle, went to pistol for a couple of stages and then finished with shotgun. What fun is a 3 gun match if you can't shoot 3 guns? ;)

Yeah Pro it was. I was wondering who the other team that was shooting for Hornady was LOL All good though. We hope to be higher up next time with some practice. That was only my second larger 3 gun. I shot one local one which was very small. Kevin has only shot a few also. Tony has been trying to get us into it but there is only so much time and the sniper matches take up alot of it. 3 gun is a blast though and I would like to do more.

Edited by Rob01

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent match. Do you know if the scores/rankings will be posted online anywhere?

I am sure Dean will post them on the same page as he posts the monthly USPSA results.

http://www.toptonfga.org/IPSC/match_results.html

Man - a lot of you guys that shot the match don't know how you did - lots of you bolted before the prize table I guess!

Our 3 hour drive took the usual 4-5 hours. With that damn "Big Crapple" in between here and there. :angry2:

I really enjoyed the 3 man team setup, not only was it different and lots of fun, but because of that it seemed more relaxed shooting wise. Even though I personally fired less rounds than I normally would have in a match like this, I didn't mind in the least.

I'd love to do the team setup again.

Nicely laid out, fun stages. It was a really enjoyable match. Dean you and your guys did a great job, thank them all again for us for their time.

Dean,

A big "Thank You" for putting on this match.

The two teams from Maine had a blast, well worth the 20 hour round trip.

Great simple stages with plenty of "team" options.

A big thanks to the staff as well.

Nice to meet some other BE'ers as well. :blush:

A good match and a good time. Will be back. We had a great team lead by our captain Howard and son "Zombie Boy" Ben.

Dean and crew did an outstanding job especially in the HOT weather.

Robbie W. - Thanks again for helping me out - Thankfully you didn't need to break any glass.

Edited by Mig

Nice to meet some other BE'ers as well.  :blush:

Except you stole our parking spot.  

Nice match guys, would shoot again, and we placed surprisingly well.  I'd love to see the actual scores to see how well we really did. 

Nice match guys, would shoot again, and we placed surprisingly well. I'd love to see the actual scores to see how well we really did.

Same here on all counts - except the parking spot.

Edited by sslav

Great match as usual Dean.

I shot primarily rifle and a little pistol, Brett shot primarily pistol and a little shotgun and rifle and Dan shot primarily shotgun with a little pistol and rifle.

Team VA Arms placed 3rd. And we picked up the three certificates for the three Lancer lowers can't wait to get them.

Nice prize table too.

Any chance on having a similar match 3-man 3-rifle match I think that would rock.

Later,

Robb

You all gotta get there earlier!

The A/C was awesome to come back to.

:grin:

Bah .. the AC was not an issue, Jim just cranked up the generator, the issue were those extra 100ft. Just think how much better we could have shot had we not had to walk those extra feet in the morning.

Dean and crew great job this weekend. The match ran smooth with little delay. The stages were fun and allowed the teams to do some planning and it also got all 3 guns in the mix.

Thanks to all the sponsors, range staff and Dean for a great weekend.

It was great seeing alot of old friends and making new ones. Look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Thanks to everyone that came out and shot the match. I think we had a great day and ran without any problems. Over 200 shooters on sunday and done shooting by 4:30. prizes done by 6:30 not bad. I would like to thank all my staff memebers who showed up and worked their butts off. I also want to thank Dave A. Our score keeper who had his team crap out on him and still came and scored the match, even though he didn't get to shoot it.

There are videos posted on youtube and on the topton web page. so check them out if you didnt shoot the match and see what you missed.

For anyone who has concerns about the video. I had someone complain that when the video of my team was seen they saw we rested on the table for stage one. On sunday that was prohibited. After a few teams shot the stage and we looked at it we found it to be dangerous. As the rifle guy was kneeling down and the pistol guy was shooting over in his direction, the pistol guy if not careful could actually almost shoot over the rifle guy. Now before you all get pissed, my team missed a target on that stage for a 30 second penalty. Since we only lost the match by 5 seconds, and shot the rest of the stages pretty well, I would have been more than happy to re-shoot stage 1. Since I was the one to make the call for safety reasons, I thought it would have been pretty cheap and low of me to reshoot the stage that we screwed up on. So if you see us shooting it that way it was not an advantage for us at all, and by not shooting it over it might have actually cost us the match.

We are going to have the match again next year, and are already planning the stages. Watch for the match announcement.

I would like to thank all our sponsors again

Lancer EGW DPMS Bushnell MPro7 Boresnake Nightforce Hardford Engraving SKD Tactical Larue Gear Sector Wheaton Arms Adams Arms

Thanks Dean and crew and all that made the match possible. Match was a ton of fun and ran smooth as silk. Hope to make it back next year. My only complaint.....was the ride home.

To all of our squad mates who started on stage 1. Enjoyed shooting and hanging out with all y'all. I'll zombie hunt with y'all anyday.

Great match Dean and staff!!! Thanks for all the hard work setting the match up and thanks to the RO's for working in the heat all day for us. And thanks to the Sponsors for the awesome prizes on the prize table!

The 10 hour drive was a little rough but I'll be back next year to see what you have in store for us... :cheers:

Dean,

Great match, you guys at Topton did a great job and team NWRA had a terrific time. We did'nt shoot very well, but had a wonderful time and learned alot at our first match and met a bunch of great people, some of which are from our area. Thanks to the sponsers and staff and we look forward to next years match, were we hope to alot better with much rifle practice. Thanks again for a great day.....Teemch

Thanks Dean and crew and all that made the match possible. Match was a ton of fun and ran smooth as silk. Hope to make it back next year. My only complaint.....was the ride home.

To all of our squad mates who started on stage 1. Enjoyed shooting and hanging out with all y'all. I'll zombie hunt with y'all anyday.

Team VA Arms Co had a blast shooting with you guys too as well as everyone else on our squad.

I sent you a PM here on the Enos forums.

Hey, just wanted to pop these in here. Some more videos from the event featuring the apltly named "Awful Shooting Squad".

We were trying out some new gun mounted camera setups, and I think they worked pretty well. If you want details let me know.

Team Wilford Brimley: http://www.blog.awfulshootingsquad.com/?p=9

PA Team (with gun mounted camera): http://www.blog.awfulshootingsquad.com/?p=12

Looks good.

For another option to consider, here's some vids I took a while back. Had a third person running an HD vid cam, embed a POV hat mount inside that, and this is what you end up with:

Please excuse my awful shooting ;)

Hey, just wanted to pop these in here. Some more videos from the event featuring the apltly named "Awful Shooting Squad".

We were trying out some new gun mounted camera setups, and I think they worked pretty well. If you want details let me know.

Team Wilford Brimley: http://www.blog.awfulshootingsquad.com/?p=9

PA Team (with gun mounted camera): http://www.blog.awfulshootingsquad.com/?p=12

Is that an Obama sticker on the shotgun shooter's back? :sick: