Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Man 3 gun team event at Topton PA

:cheers: We will be running a 3 man 3 gun team event at Topton. This will be held th e3rd sunday (20th) in June. This will be an event that all 3 shooters may shoot at the same time or they may shoot in a relay style event. 7 stages total . Round count and other info will be posted at a later date. This will be a Zombie style match so not many uspsa style target will be used. There will be only one division offered. Pistols must be iron sighted with no ports and 140mm mag lenght max, shotgun no ports no optics 9 round max in gun no speed loaders, and rifles will be anything goes. No AP or tracers. All safety rules will follow uspsa. I am working on some sponsors and will also do a good cash payout. If you have some to my matches you know the payout is good. The cost will be 60.00 per person/180.00 per team.

If you want to register email me a team name and individuals names. I will email you a confirmation and you can send me a check to hold your spot. no check within 10 days no spot.

I am only taking 60 teams. No more.

Lots of shooting, great time.

see ya then

Dean

tapsmd@toptonfga.org

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys after getting some questions here are some clarifications on the rules and stuff.

I will allow saigas to shoot, but only 9 rounds in the gun and mag combined and no optics.

Each guys will need a pistol and a rifle, but two shotguns per team will do it.

If you have any question on rules let me know.

I have heard back from a bunch of sponsors and it looks like we will have a good amount of stuff already.

hope all have a good holiday.

dean

Hey NOVA....since Dean had replaced me on his team, only because I moved to NM I am available as a free agent! Sorry no pun intended! I will be back for that weekend attending a course at Q-town. NRA TPC looks like it will be the 19th and I may have to stay a day extra to shoot Topton.....way to many choices. Just need to find a team that will sign me as a free agent.

Hey maybe we should form a TEAM FN-USA and kick som real b_ _ _! Would Duck forgive you if you left him for a day? I know you guys share pillows and huggy blankets!

Larry

Edited by sbmd

Okay guys after getting some questions here are some clarifications on the rules and stuff.

I will allow saigas to shoot, but only 9 rounds in the gun and mag combined and no optics.

Each guys will need a pistol and a rifle, but two shotguns per team will do it.

If you have any question on rules let me know.

I have heard back from a bunch of sponsors and it looks like we will have a good amount of stuff already.

hope all have a good holiday.

dean

Could you please reconsider letting box fed shotguns compete against single round loaded guns.

If you figure at least two reloads in a stage, box fed in two seconds or less. verses a GOOD one

round at a time guy taking at least 8 to 10 seconds per reload! That's a advantage of about 14 seconds!!

Does not seem fair to me.

Just saying!

don't worry about the box fed shotguns guys

1. how many of them really work reliably

2. I am designing the stages

If I am letting them in it will be fair, the shotgun guy may only shoot 9 or 10 rounds per stage.

it is easier to throw one round in a regular auto than to change a whole mag on a box fed?

But all teasing aside, I want to include as many shooters as possible, but will design the stages so no one particular weapon will give you an advantage.

Ask people who have shot my matches, tough stages, but fair for all.

dean

Larry,

Based on how you shot at FB3G I think we can allow you to shoot on our team. :D

Where is the NRA TPC match going to be held?

Jayson

Hey NOVA....since Dean had replaced me on his team, only because I moved to NM I am available as a free agent! Sorry no pun intended! I will be back for that weekend attending a course at Q-town. NRA TPC looks like it will be the 19th and I may have to stay a day extra to shoot Topton.....way to many choices. Just need to find a team that will sign me as a free agent.

Hey maybe we should form a TEAM FN-USA and kick som real b_ _ _! Would Duck forgive you if you left him for a day? I know you guys share pillows and huggy blankets!

Larry

yes each stage will have a stage description that must be followed. you will not have a choice to shoot at the same time unless the stage descriptions allow it.

dean

This will be an event that all 3 shooters may shoot at the same time or they may shoot in a relay style event.

This is mandated by the stage and not an option for the team, right?

Guys I am thinking of opening up an open division due to some interest in that area. If I can get a minimun of 10 teams I will do it

This would mean an anything goes class. (no full auto)

optics and comps on anythign you have.

let me know if you are interested.

dean