Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Man 3 gun team event at Topton PA

Over 40 teams and counting. Looks like we will have a great turnout.

I am contacting sponsors at this point and am waiting to hear back from many of them.

I already got confirmation from EGW, DPMS, Larue, adn Lancer.

Make sure you promote the people that promote the sport.

thanks

dean

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring a sling for your rifle

lots of mags pouches 3 pistol

1 or 2 rifle and a good holster and you should be fine

Dean:

Is a sling mandatory? The only AR I have that is set up for a sling is a suppressd Carbine with a

4x ACOG which is not a matach gun.

Bring a sling for your rifle

lots of mags pouches 3 pistol

1 or 2 rifle and a good holster and you should be fine

Dean:

Is a sling mandatory? The only AR I have that is set up for a sling is a suppressd Carbine with a

4x ACOG which is not a matach gun.

Nearly ALL major 3gun matches will, at some point, require a sling. So suggest setting up a sling on your rifle, either off from hard sling studs OR one that is a "strap on", and keep it in your rifle bag...

It wouldn't hurt to also have some way to sling your shotgun... :ph34r:

jj

Can someone suggest a decent sling for rifle and shotgun? Searched but maybe something newer is out there.

Thanks.

www.gearsector.com : GS-2P (can be 2 point or 1 point with the HK snap hook) for the AR and their 3 point set up for shotgun. Works well.

To all teams that have registered but have not sent in payment. We now have over 49 teams and when we reach the match is full point I will start dropping teams that have not sent in payment and have recieved a confirmation email more than 10-14 days ago.

if anyone has any questions or concerns please email me at tapsmd@toptonfga.org

thanks

dean

Well.. depending on the round count and misses, a lost brass match would cost me anywhere from $400-$1000 just in cartridge cases. :surprise:

So I'll probably go with the 5.56 :blush:

Edited by cas

Okay guys here is the deal.

We have 55 teams signed up and the match is almost full. I have a good group of guys coming to help ro from york and they are bringing their palm scoring system with that worked great at last years big 3 gun match we ran. If everything goes as planned(it will) we will finish shooting and while hopefully everyone helps tear down a stage we will get the scoring done and get the prize table set up and ready to go. Then we will have the drawing and the prize table before cutting you loose.

I have a bunch of sponsors on board already, but if anyone knows someone at a company or has connections let me know. Remember support those who support the sport.

thanks,

Dean

Attention all shooters! If you are signed up and have not sent in payment please notify me if you haven't already. I have only a few spots left and I am going to start dropping teams that have not paid yet to make room for new teams that are ready to send in a check. So far I a have a good number of sponsors and if all goes well I will have close to 4000 to pay out in cash. We will have about 180 shooters on sunday so be ready for a good day of shooting. Righ now I have not had enough interest in open class to change anything, but I did have a few people that are concerned about the saigas shooting against the regular shotguns. I need a list of anyone that plans to use a saiga, if I have enough interest I may run a seperate tac optics class and let them use saigas. I will have a seperate prize table and cash payout for them to make it fair. I will make a decision on this in the next week or so, but this is the deal, if you don't tell me your team is running a saiga, and I don't see enough interest in it. And then I don't break up the class, but your team show up with them to game the match you will be penalized. My only object is to make the match as fair as possible.

So far this is the basic rule set up

pistols 140 or less mag length, 9mm min caliber, no compensators, no ports, no dots, iron sights only

rifles, .223 min caliber, cans and sbrs okay but with paperwork, no full auto, bipods okay, comps okay, any number of optics okay

shotguns 9 rounds in gun at anytime max, no comps no dots. no speed loaders, if you have a breaching shotgun and the breacher can't be removed I will allow it. If I see it can be removed it has to be, if you need another choke let me know ahead of tiem and I will try and find you one. ( if I break up tac ops into two classes the saigas are allowed run what you brung mag cap for the saigas)

Drop leg holsters are okay, but no shoulder holsters or holster mounted on your plate carrier if you are wearing one.

During the match it will be a cold range, no carry guns allowed during the match. One pistol on your person at a time and you must use the same rifle shotgun and pistol during the entire match

Basic USPSA safety rules will apply

time plus scoring

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns we are a long way out and I will have any bugs ironed out before the match.

thanks

dean

I'm looking to get onto a team. Alot of you know me around Philly = Jon Kushner. I am set up for Tactical across all three guns. As far as Multi gun goes, I would be a USPSA "C" shooter. Pistol I'm a B shooter, If anyone is looking for a third or to build a team, email me at jkushner11@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Jon

Okay here we go guys, I am at 65 teams. I am at about the limit. If anyone wants to still shoot get ahold of me asap. I still have few slots open for sat with staff. I have had to drop a few teams after they did not respond after emails and postings here and on ar15.com. So if you want in let me know. I am working on some other sponsors and it looks like the prize table will be nice.

let me know if you have any questions

thanks

dean

Need third shooter quickly, we have 2 shooters and need a third. See my post above (2-3 posts up)

I rec'd an email from Paul W wanting to shoot, so if your still looking to shoot, respond quickly so we can let Dean know. Reply via my email above. Also, we could be considered two singles if that works out better.

Please email asap.

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by jkushner1

Thanks for the PM Trickpony. Where still searching for our third before Dean shuts down registration.

WANTED: three gun shooter for the Topton Three man team event, no experience necessary - unsafe gun handlers need not apply.

Thanks,

Jon Kushner

pistols 140 or less mag length, 9mm min caliber, no compensators, no ports, no dots, iron sights only

rifles, .223 min caliber, cans and sbrs okay but with paperwork, no full auto, bipods okay, comps okay, any number of optics okay

shotguns 9 rounds in gun at anytime max, no comps no dots. no speed loaders

Any thoughts on limiting to 1 optic to stay consistent with the otherwise "Tactical" division requirements for pistol/shotgun?

Also, regarding bipods, if they are used, will they need to remain installed on the gun for the duration of the match?

Edited by Xfactor