Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Man 3 gun team event at Topton PA

pistols 140 or less mag length, 9mm min caliber, no compensators, no ports, no dots, iron sights only

rifles, .223 min caliber, cans and sbrs okay but with paperwork, no full auto, bipods okay, comps okay, any number of optics okay

shotguns 9 rounds in gun at anytime max, no comps no dots. no speed loaders

Any thoughts on limiting to 1 optic to stay consistent with the otherwise "Tactical" division requirements for pistol/shotgun?

Also, regarding bipods, if they are used, will they need to remain installed on the gun for the duration of the match?

I idea with allowing any number of optics is to allow open shooters with only one rife set-up an easy option to shoot and not have to take apart a gun. I am sure it will not give them an advantage over the other guys. But yes if you run a bipod it will have to saty on for the entire match.

thanks

dean

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we still have room for about 3 or 4 teams. I dropped a few from lack of payment and had one or two drop out.

drop me an email

tapsmd@yahoo.com

look forward to seeing ya.

Just tried to send e-mail but it failed to go through. Would love to shoot and will send entry fee in. Let me know where to send it. My e-mail is teemch5@cs.com. Thanks Paul

Thanks for the PM Trickpony. Where still searching for our third before Dean shuts down registration.

WANTED: three gun shooter for the Topton Three man team event, no experience necessary - unsafe gun handlers need not apply.

Thanks,

Jon Kushner

just letting you know that I would like to be the thrid man on your team. (John Cluzel)

Thanks for the PM Trickpony. Where still searching for our third before Dean shuts down registration.

WANTED: three gun shooter for the Topton Three man team event, no experience necessary - unsafe gun handlers need not apply.

Thanks,

Jon Kushner

just letting you know that I would like to be the thrid man on your team. (John Cluzel)

As of now the match is full, we have over 65 teams and that is about all I can run for a one day match. If you are still interested let me know and I can see if anyone dropped out or put you on a waiting list. It looks like we will have over 3500.00 in cash payout plus all the prizes from the sponsors. A full sponsor list and stages hsould be posted soon. remember support those who support the sport.

• 3 weeks later...

we are still working on stages, it may be awhile before we post them, I want to make sure we have them pretty well finalized and my crew and I have to get some time to get together in the next few weeks.

I have 66 teams as of now and will only take teams for the waiting list.

If a team needs to back out from this point on you will get a 125.00 dollar refund and anytime after may 1st no refund at all. I have promised a certain amount of cash as prizes and am in the process of paying for supplies, plus have promised the club a certain amount of money. Since I am now turning teams away the teams signed up so far should be locked in.

If you have any questions let me know.

her is the list of sponsors so far.

DPMS

Lancer

EGW

Larue plus custom dillos for all shooters.

LAR

Harford Engraving Service

plus I am still working on some more.

and don't forget about 3500.00 in cash

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to get a handle on how a team match works.

On say on the first stage do I shoot the rifle stuff and then tag my team mate and and he shoots the shotgun part, then tags the 3rd guy who does the handgun stuff? Or do we all shoot the stage and and combine out score? One team member handles each stage?

George

• 1 month later...

Here it is. Stages will be posted on the topton site later this week. One will not be seen until the match.

Thanks

dean

Dean,

Will you post a link for the stages? The A8 web page is a bit strange to navigate.

Thanks.

looking forward to seeing these stages.

Looks like the stages are up... B)

yes, i realized that this morning after dean was nice enough to point it out for me.

going to be fun, i'm sure.

Dean,

The stages look great! Can you please clarify the "safe" condition for pistol, rifle, and shotgun?

Also, stage 3 calls for grounding an "empty rifle"... any other requirement along with "empty"? (e.g. bolt locked back, hammer down, or safety on?)

Thanks,