Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 Or Single Stack Division?

SteveZ

The agenda for the next USPSA meeting is posted on the website....looks like the USPSA is heading down the road that many have speculated might happen some day. Rather than rehashing the same thing we've ALL (well, many of us) been over in the past, I'd encourage you to contact your Area Director and let them know how you feel about it.

Bruce already knows how I feel about it, I've wirtten him (and Mike Voigt) many times in the past about it.....so rather than sounding like an old record, I'll just say...."Bruce, please refer to my past comments on the issue" :ph34r:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save you folks a trip:

USPSA BOD Meeting

Agenda

[Mod: Deleted most of the rest of the agenda items as this was posted on the USPSA Members only site and not all here are members.]

Single Stack rule updates

Multigun rule updates

Limited 10 or Single Stack Division?

IPSC Matches

So who do I sent the email too?

Area

Directors

Bruce Gary

area1@uspsa.org

Chris Endersby

area2@uspsa.org

Emanual Bragg

area3@uspsa.org

Ken Hicks

area4@uspsa.org

Gary Stevens

area5@uspsa.org

Charles Bond

area6@uspsa.org

Rob Boudrie

area7@uspsa.org

George Jones

area8@uspsa.org

President

Michael Voigt

president@uspsa.org

Vice President

John Amidon

vp@uspsa.org

Most of these folks also post here and you can send them emails or PM's as well.

So who do I sent the email too? If L-10 goes away I will be very sad. :(

mcb

Probably the easiest way to contact your area director is to send an email to:

areaX@uspsa.org and replace the X with the number of the area that you're in.

I'm a relative newbie and out-of-the-loop on this one. Can someone summarize what the debate is? I thought SS was/is a provisional division and had at least another year or two before any big decision is made to keep it or not...? Or... is the BOD looking at getting rid of L10 and replacing it with SS?

What's the rush? Couldn't they wait until SS is an official division before having this discussion?

Count me as one ticked off member if L10 goes away. I have no desire to shoot production or revolver and I live in a state that requires me to break the law if I want to be competitive in Lim or open. I know some guys already do that, and god bless them, but that isn't a road that I want to go down. That leaves me with SS and L10 to play in and I prefer L10 over SS.

Edited by rubberneck

If they want to get rid of L10, perhaps they should say that if SS becomes an official division then L10 will be sunset in 2 years after that acceptance.

That way everyone gets to keep shooting L10 for about another 3 years and new members will know to go either SS or Limited.

Email sent. If L-10 goes away it will be some of us will have to go back to Production after taking all the cool gadgets off our guns. There is a group of guns that suffer from the 40S&W-in-a-9mm handgun problem that can't go to Single Stack can't be competitive in Limited and get to shoot minor in Production after restoring the gun to factory configuration. If L-10 goes away I will probably just shoot revolver rather than go to Production with my XD-40.

mcb

maybe Lim-10 isn't the division they should be considering getting rid of.....around these parts (and I would suspect most other places in the US...with a few minor exceptions) there is much higher participation in Lim-10 than SS. Its also interesting that those local IDPA shooters that have crossed over....crossed over into Lim-10 and NOT SS. SS seems to be pretty much DOA here.....and the PNW is single stack country.....its just that everyone's using their single stack to shoot Lim-10.

maybe Lim-10 isn't the division they should be considering getting rid of.....around these parts (and I would suspect most other places in the US...with a few minor exceptions) there is much higher participation in Lim-10 than SS. Its also interesting that those local IDPA shooters that have crossed over....crossed over into Lim-10 and NOT SS. SS seems to be pretty much DOA here.....and the PNW is single stack country.....its just that everyone's using their single stack to shoot Lim-10.

Email sent, My local situation is exactly as yours Steve, but most of our IDPA crossover are in production and there is a bunch of those guys. SS is Practically Nil in my loaction.

Edited by nipplehead

Or y'all are reading a bit too much into a tiny phrase. Remember the last time the BOD agenda was posted and everyone flew into a tizzy about nothing?

It would probably be helpful if USPSA were to post a short summary of each topic along with the agenda so we wouldn't have to flog through these sorts of discussions every time an agenda is posted.

Not that writing to your AD and MV is a bad thing...they all need more feedback and not just about the L10 issue.

Since many of the BOD post here, perhaps one of them will be kind enough to enlighten us with the gospel instead of rumor.

"...gospel instead of rumor."

BOD meeting agenda posting as rumor... :huh:

"If they want to get rid of L10, perhaps they should say that if SS becomes an official division then L10 will be sunset in 2 years after that acceptance."

...or they can honor their provisional division ruling for SS and make a decision based upon participation numbers.

"What's the rush? Couldn't they wait until SS is an official division before having this discussion? "

Damn good question... ;)

Either way is o.k. w/me. Just sold my SV L10 kit and my 40 dollar check looks just as good sitting in my bank account as it would being cashed in a Sedro Woolley bank. ;)

One could see this coming a mile away...if one bothered to look. :lol:

Edited by Chuck D

It's fairly even here in Florida. As of right now there are 3 SSTK shooters and 3 L10 shooters registered for the Fl. Sectional.

I, personally, would never shoot L10 but I will shoot SSTK. I don't like the idea of getting rid of L10 due to our brothers in states that have feeding device resrictions.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

This is the reason my wife and I are now shooting Limited.

L-10 has been plenty popular enough to leave it the hell alone, but I don't think that's going to happen. I guess it's supporters should have hooked up with the SSC a few years ago and claimed the attendance at an 11 year old match as "proof" the division is popular.

This may be a big bunch of nothing in the end, but the near constant talk of screwing up one of the best divisions for recruiting new shooters is really irritating. At least half of our crossover IDPA shooters go for L-10 just to get away from the restrictive IDPA rules.

Whatever....I figured with "our" division under attack all the time, I'd better switch the family over to Limited before I get mad enough to drop our memberships. That's about the only form of protest anyone will care about that we have available to us. It's all that keeps me from getting a lifetime membership in anything.

I just emailed my 2¢ to my Area Director. Maybe it will carry some weitght and maybe not but at least I got my thoughts off my chest and in a constructive manner.

There are more people shooting L-10 than SS in Northern Florida by a large margin. Daniel, I was surprised to see that only three folks are shooting L-10 in next weekend's Florida Sectional. I may just switch from Production to L-10 as a wild, radical demonstration. ;)

Edited by XD Niner

Not to be a wet blanket, but the Board should talk about their observations from the recent L10 Nationals and the SS Classic Nationals. As long as they stay with their original plans discussion is healthy. They need to set up for next years SS Classic, it's already listed and plan the '07 L10. The '08 Rulebook changes are coming up too.

We should all be contacting our Area Director and expressing our opinions on a lot of items, but this isn't at a cirtical mass yet.

I love how quickly those black helicopters can get off the ground.

Dunno that I can give you 'gospel' (well, I can, but that's out of a different book), but... here's what I know:

The USPSA Board is at least a year into a long debate about divisions, specifically "what should our divisions be". There is considerable *lack* of consensus. Some believe we should have separate divisions for every type of gun (which would lead us down the road towards Open-10 and Open-Revolver and who knows what else). Some believe we have too many divisions, for a variety of reasons, some centered on competition (eg, does it make sense to have 30 shooters at a club match, and *all* of them can win first in class in a division?), some based on more pragmatic views (does it make sense to have divisions where there is not enough participation to support a Nationals?)

Putting this on the agenda is nothing more than making sure that we [continue] to discuss the topic. We've gotta reach resolution on it, but I am not aware of any concerted or coordinated effort to get rid of either L10 or SS. I am only aware of effort to figure out where those guns (and all the shooters that own them) fit *best* into our competition structure going forward.

BTW, to answer the question before it comes up, I fall in the "I think we have too many divisions" camp. As I have posted here many times, I think we should have 3 divisions - Open, Limited and Production. *Within* those divisions, we could do categories based on reduced capacity (eg, shooting Limited division with 10-rounds-only would make you eligible for an *additional* category award, separate from division placement), single stack, etc.

I am about 49.9% persuaded, thanks to JerryV and Carmony and others, that we should really have *four* divisions... since the divisions are based on equipment differences, and it is fairly obvious that revolver equipment is "different enough" to warrant its own division.

Anyway, that's where I am, and that's where we are headed: more *discussion*, but no "plan" that I am aware of.

Bruce

PS - Hi, Steve!

Anyway, that's where I am, and that's where we are headed: more *discussion*, but no "plan" that I am aware of.

Bruce

PS - Hi, Steve!

While I'm fairly certain that the BOD isn't about to make any decision soon, it does seem that some decision is coming down the road....just don't know how long that road is. I think it would be a good thing for interested persons, to at least express their opinion one way or another to their AD's so that they've got a good feel what the masses are thinking in the trenches.

Personally, I decided to jump the Lim-10 ship a few months ago because I could see the handwriting on the wall.....I sold my L10 gun and mags (which would have made an awesome SS gun) and switched to Limited. I would have liked to see Lim-10 exist on its own (as Bruce pointed out, it will likely be a sub-catagory under Limited) and I have no interest in shooting SSD as my primary division. Neither of those options looked appealing to me.....so I decided to control my own destiny rather than letting the USPSA do it for me.

Hi ya back Bruce! :P