Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking gun by Gans. What type of comp is that? Thanks in advance.

GANS shorty 9 major! I did the DIY parkerizing using LCW solution. Way easier than I thought, and love the stealth bomber look.

a24b244b69d9c1697398d2bd9152e7bc.jpg
414e48d76b435d5be15055e5b1da8652.jpg
9fa3f18cb1a1227eac583ba2f6ae70a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Gary made the comp per my design. I may cut the last bleeder off and just use the 4 up ports. It works a little too well.

Nice looking gun by Gans. What type of comp is that? Thanks in advance.

GANS shorty 9 major! I did the DIY parkerizing using LCW solution. Way easier than I thought, and love the stealth bomber look.

a24b244b69d9c1697398d2bd9152e7bc.jpg

414e48d76b435d5be15055e5b1da8652.jpg

9fa3f18cb1a1227eac583ba2f6ae70a2.jpg

I love the matte black parked finish on that Gans. I agree with you Mtrout, the stealth look is sweet!

::ETA:: Does it have the same rough texture to it like an AR does? And if so, does that effect how tight the slide/frame fit is?

Edited by Gooldylocks

I love the matte black parked finish on that Gans. I agree with you Mtrout, the stealth look is sweet!

::ETA:: Does it have the same rough texture to it like an AR does? And if so, does that effect how tight the slide/frame fit is?

It's only as rough as the blasting media used in the steel. I did the slide stop and beaver tail and they are smooth.

The slide needed "forced" on to the frame, but a couple racks by hand loosened it right back to the original fit.

So far this is a really tough finish better than any spray on I've seen. Hard to believe it was so easy and $45 in material, and has many many more uses down the road.

Here is the latest iteration of my Cheely 9MAJOR. New slide needed chromed so I sent it off to APW for their brushed finish. Grip painted US Army Colors(more or less). The slide to frame fit is considerably tighter so I need to get busy shooting it to ring it out. I kind of like it!

post-16683-0-06791100-1423016315_thumb.jpost-16683-0-14308500-1423016339_thumb.j

Oh man, I totally forgot about this topic... Guess I'll post my two..

SVI IMM Open with 9Major and 38super barrels

STI Grandmaster 38super

Separate picture, the STI Steelmaster I just traded last wednesday to get my STI Grandmaster. That little steelmaster been to a whole bunch of matches with me, and I'll miss it, but it went to a very good home.

post-26153-0-43136100-1423018343_thumb.j

post-26153-0-63278600-1423018448_thumb.j

Here is the latest iteration of my Cheely 9MAJOR. New slide needed chromed so I sent it off to APW for their brushed finish. Grip painted US Army Colors(more or less). The slide to frame fit is considerably tighter so I need to get busy shooting it to ring it out. I kind of like it!

attachicon.gifIMG_0414.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0415.JPG

Looks great Sarge, APW did a nice job & the Army colors are super.

• 2 weeks later...

That is an old custom Caspian frame and slide.

I believe he just welded onto the trigger guard the shaped it. The gun was originally built for pin shooting about 23-25 yrs ago. it has some upgrades. All the internals and everything were upgraded to EGW parts.

Edited by bigboy69

Yep, same frame sold by Safari Arms because of the hook on the front of the trigger guard and the raised pad of checkering on the front strap. I built a consecutive serial # pair of them back in the 80's and that frame is the same thing I used but it was marked Safari Arms.

Neal in AZ