Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. It shoots great. I need a lighter recoil spring.i have some more load development to go but it's a great gun. The case is awesome too. I ended up with a hard case that holds more but the coffin is awesome

My open gun (top) is in both super comp and 9mm. He made the cuts on both comps match EXACTLY like each other. So I have options. If I want to shoot 9minor I just change barells. I could always shoot major too if I had too. I really love it. Shoots really good.

His plate gun is a 38 super.

Could we get a range report on the Akai Gill Comp? BTW, your gun looks great. Thanks.

It's the softest shooting comp I've tried (and I've tried over a dozen!), up and down is good (about the same as most of the popular comps), but the slap in the hand is almost non existent :devil: You can definitely feel the heat out off those gills on your hands though and lots of fire :goof:

Curious... is the comp's softness hurting splits? I've heard people say .16 splits with a violent gun, and .25 splits with a softy. Have you found anything that gives no slap to the hand, with the fast splits?

I don't thing the comp hurts your splits. Shane Coley can hit .12 on demand with Shay's comp. So I don't think you or I will have to worry about the comp owing us down. Good luck.

How has the comp worked out? Thinking of that or a thunder brazoos

It's still a work in progress, but I'm excited to try out this Akai gill comp!IMG_20150307_075432_zpsylm3ecxm.jpg

What is that thing on left side of the C More?

It's a nub of plastic to prop it up on table starts, I have a dozen Cmores and that's the only one like it but it's molded right into the body.

Why do you have a dozen C-Mores? Do they keep breaking or do you have a dozen c-more equipped guns?

I love the comp, especially when shooting major. It doesn't work as well for steel.

38 Super and 2 popple holes.

Either way, steel or major, the gun is very flat shooting.

This is one of the last guns that George from EGW built.

Edited by bigboy69

You got that right. Hopefully it's my daughter.

I was talking with Travis Tomasie, and he said he still has one of Geo's Caspians that he built for him.

Edited by bigboy69

Took me awhile but I will finally have a true back up gun in a few days. Picking this up at the Ohio match. If you are shooting the match it will be on display all weekend. If you are considering a custom build I can't say enough good things about Matt Cheely at ccgunworks.com! Thanks Matt!!

post-16683-0-98956600-1432166426_thumb.j