Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Could we get a range report on the Akai Gill Comp? BTW, your gun looks great. Thanks.

It's the softest shooting comp I've tried (and I've tried over a dozen!), up and down is good (about the same as most of the popular comps), but the slap in the hand is almost non existent :devil: You can definitely feel the heat out off those gills on your hands though and lots of fire :goof:

Could we get a range report on the Akai Gill Comp? BTW, your gun looks great. Thanks.

It's the softest shooting comp I've tried (and I've tried over a dozen!), up and down is good (about the same as most of the popular comps), but the slap in the hand is almost non existent :devil: You can definitely feel the heat out off those gills on your hands though and lots of fire :goof:

Appreciate your response. Glad the comp works well. Could I ask if your gun is a two- or three-port hybrid barrel? I can see two holes but want to make sure.

Also, are there "standard" specs on how much and where the hole at the top of the comp is to be cut? Thanks.

Appreciate your response. Glad the comp works well. Could I ask if your gun is a two- or three-port hybrid barrel? I can see two holes but want to make sure.

Also, are there "standard" specs on how much and where the hole at the top of the comp is to be cut? Thanks.

There are two Benny Hill "Hell Holes" in the barrel which I believe are 3/16", the barrel is 4.9" so it's sort of a mid length bull barrel gun. I bought the comp used with the slot already cut in the top; from all the pictures I've seen of these comps, some have holes in the comp, some have slots, but they all seem to incorporate at least some barrel ports. This one looks like it has seven holes in the barrel plus the slot in the comp:

pre_1393901976__1781166_1020351699258472

• 2 weeks later...

7df872858d241be0ba67170cd0278878.jpg

c6c8c09ced3011a46bf01e809fe5d565.jpg

d99577e45dd9636baa515f7e0d68fcc7.jpg

My tanfoglio limited pro open gun :-) cheeley c-more mount, canyon creek comp and barrel fitting. May or may not add V porting in the comp or not. Henning flat fase trigger. EGW hammer, sear, firing pin. Still haven't shot it with the comp yet. Just got it back today :-)

Yes it is. With my left hand being messed up it just works better for me. I like how it protrudes forward and to the right.

Are you still talking about the slide racker? :roflol:

Anyway, that is a great looking gun.

I have a 38 super with the Canyon Creek comp and it shoots great with 124/125 grain bullets. I tried 115 grain bullets with my usual powders and it was a tad more blasty than I like. Mine doesn't have any barrel holes. Gotta report back with how she works for you.