Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-10

BigDave

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shooting this one at the end of August, hopefully I will do well on it. I went to the Ohio site but it is down, just wanted to know what the time and point breaks are for each of the Open classes. Looking at the math I should be in the 9.0 to 9.1 HF if I can keep my splits and transitions at about 0.20 with about a 1.2 second draw and 3 seconds between boxes. This is also figuring that I would drop 4 points. No matter what, it looks like a fun one to shoot.

Joe W.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I shot it last Friday and the damage is done. 53 points and a time of 6.90 for a hit factor of 7.6812. According to the Ohio sight that gives me 71.7869% Just 2 points and 1/10th of a second down from an A Class time. Well there goes my fourth place C Class in the nation. LOL Now I get to work harder still so I can get onto the list in the top 20 for B Class. The sad thing is I KNOW I could have shot it faster, I just needed to have my gun up all the way when I got into the second box and that would have gotten me at least 2/10ths of a second right there if not more. The gun was almost where it needed to be when I entered the second box, ALMOST. <_<

Joe W.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I shot this one at memphis 2 weeks ago. I needed a couple more classifers to get classed in prod and Hoppalong was harrassing me skipping "B" and going straight to "A". and guess what my percentage was........76.9850. If I didn't like him so much I would say bad things.

• 1 month later...

I opted for the open today... shot this one in 6.57 down 4. 89.8167% I tink dats an M run eh? :) That's my high class by 4%. The draw to first shot was really slow... I didn't look, but I bet it was 1.5 to first shot. :(

Had a good match, but went real conservative on the last stage... cost me 3 secs. :o I think I would have been 3rd behind an M if I had went for it and not blown it. I really wanted to finish solid... I did, but the rest of the guys beat me by 3s. Whoops. lol

Edited by JThompson

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I shot this classifier at my third match since becoming a USPSA member. Still trying to earn a classification. Hope this one helps me.

SS, .45 acp in major. 53 points, 10.10 sec, 5.2475 HF Came up w/ 55.2368% per the calculator.

I opted for a re-shoot and did the COF in 9.65 sec the 2nd time, but didn't write down the score (but think it was pretty close to the first time).

I'm still learning, but havin' a good time in the process!

• 4 months later...

Shot this one on Sunday in Limited. Down 7 points (53 total points) in a time of 5.59 sec for a hit factor of 9.4812 = 99.8% :cheers:

I just Hope it counts against my classification average because it is 15% above my current B classification.

I started in the left box and shot the first string of targets from left to right. Then engaged the targets from right to left from the right side box. YouTube video of the run below.....

• 2 weeks later...

Today in Limted. 48 points, 6.32.

Shows 79.95% on the calculator. Not bad for a gun I haven't shot in a match for year and a half.

Also shows that fat slow guys can shoot this one well.

• 2 weeks later...

Production 8.56 with 58 points. Calculator says 75.01. went far to near, did a lean out on the near target to get going to the next array and shot that close to far. smoked the reload but I felt I Shot way too slow on the first array. Should have shot near to far in both, and shot it much more aggressively

• 8 months later...

Shot this as my first USPSA Classifier.

Division Pts Pen Time Hit Fact Stg Pts Stg %

Limited 10 51 0 11.87 4.2965 42.2988 70.50%

When I saw this thread pop up I assumed it was someone who shot in Thibodaux today.

I wish I could have made it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Down 5 C (10pts) in 7.12 Seconds in Production = 7.0225 HF came in at 77.8116%.

I hesitated coming into the second box. I think I could have shaved at least 1/4 - 1/2 second off the time.

Edited by spanky