Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-10

BigDave

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, compared to you guys, I have a long way to go, but I was pretty pleased with my run on this one. It was my first classification run since I first found USPSA is August, so the nervous factor was high. My time was bad compared to you guys, but HUGE improvement over where I started.

Shooting limited:

time:20.11sec

hit factor: 2.4863

local stage percent: 50.6%

classifiercalc percent: 26.1715%

I know it looks terrible, but considering where I started, and my short time in the game, I was pretty pumped when I saw the score. The first league night I played I shot an 18% overall in our local group. My goal is to qualify C class by spring, and A by the following spring.

Have a great day,

David S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Shot 03/06/2012 - GWINNETT PRACTICAL SHOOTING LEAGUE (GA01)

Stage 3 - Times Two- Pistol - Production Classifier 99-10

Place: 1

Name: Joel T

USPSA: TY54348

Class: C

Penalty: 0

Time: 7.53

Hit Factor: 6.1089

Stg Pts: 60.0000

Stage Percent: 100.00%

Per CmCALC:

USPSA Classifier Percentage: 67.69%

• 5 months later...

Shot this one recently in Open. Shot the left array L-R and then shot the right array R-L so I could focus on the easiest target coming into the R box without having to pivot my body too much.

1st run was 5.16 / 57 pts. with a 1.12 draw for a 100% according to CMCalc.com.

Ran it again just for fun, pushing even harder for a quicker draw & faster overall time & while i did get a faster time .... I did NOT have a better draw, nor better hits. Maybe I was just trying too hard. ;)

2nd run was 5.08 / 52 pts. with a 1.15 draw. That one only factors out to a 95.67% but the first one is the one that really counted anyways.

Shot this one recently in Open. Shot the left array L-R and then shot the right array R-L so I could focus on the easiest target coming into the R box without having to pivot my body too much.

1st run was 5.16 / 57 pts. with a 1.12 draw for a 100% according to CMCalc.com.

Ran it again just for fun, pushing even harder for a quicker draw & faster overall time & while i did get a faster time .... I did NOT have a better draw, nor better hits. Maybe I was just trying too hard. ;)

2nd run was 5.08 / 52 pts. with a 1.15 draw. That one only factors out to a 95.67% but the first one is the one that really counted anyways.

Thanks again for all the tips on running that classifier on Sunday. Maybe one of these days I'll get my times down in the low 5's :cheers:

Glenn

• 6 months later...

Shot this today at Running Gun;

L-10

51 pts

6.28 sec

8.1210 HF

Looks like 85.4841%

Shot this one again at at Running Gun;

L-10

53 pts

6.21 sec

8.5346 HF

Looks like 89.8378%

A little improvement, :angry2: I guess I need to start practicing more. :goof:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a 6 month hiatus (spending too much time in the garage building guns) I shot this at Rio this weekend.

Open

Time: 6.14

PTS: 56

HF: 9.1205

CMCalc says: 85.2383%

Looks like, if I actually get out to the range, I could make Master in the next few months.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

This is one of the funner classifiers, IMHO. I like the movement challenge with the target array set up and low port.

Shot this last year and got 100% in open (5.15sec x 58 pts) which lasted about 5 minutes before it got stepped on. Probably has been reset about 50 times since then. Shot it again a few weeks ago in single stack and didn't do nearly as well, but it was still a lot of fun and I would like to shoot it again. :cheers:

Edited by Bamboo

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot this yesterday (first real uspsa match)

Production minor

9.89 sec

9A, 3C

Was doing good, realized as much and the last 3 were Charlie's. Oh well. Patience was never a strong suit!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Shot this in Carry Optics at Memphis Sport Shooting Assoc last weekend.

HF 8.4437 that equals 88.519% in CO.

Started in left box, shot left to right. Settled in right box and shot right to left.

6.64 seconds. A- 10, C-2.