Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you drag your sorry as to work sick as a dog cause you know all your "sick" days already fall within a few days of a major. :P

If you know what major is in this context. :D

Great thread!

Edited by JThompson

when you go to the store to buy sunscreen and you see *SPF* and you first thought is "I wonder if Merlin bought it"

Or if there was a sold on anything shooting related and the are, "Sold Out." :P

I actually did that at a local shop and I said to the owner, Merlin must have been here eh? He said, what? I said never mind and chuckled.

I have a 1985 Chevy S10 extended cab truck with a canopy on it. It is used to store my shooting gear -- targets, target stands, ammo, scope and scope stand, shooting stool, shooting mat, shooting jacket, etc. During the summer it will also have at least one rifle in the cab. Everything is set up so all I have to do is get in the truck and go shooting. But sometimes the gear is not in it, but that is because the back is filled with stuff to put on the table at the gun show. For the past 10 years the truck has only been driven to a gun show or to the range.

You know you're a shooter when:

...people that read your emails think "DVC" is your initials.

...you save more for shooting than you do for your kids college.

...you wake yourself up drawing a gun (that you dreamed about). <--- this actually happened to me

...you can't hang your kids drawings on your office wall because they depict people shooting guns. <----also happened to me.

...your kid's friend's parents won't let their kids come to your house because you "have guns".

...the back of your vehicle is plastered with NRA, USPSA, and bullet hole stickers.

Edited by ExtremeShot

...you know the brand of gunpowder by the smell of the smoke.

...you value everything by the number of guns you could buy.

...you have a separate checking account just for shooting stuff.

:lol: Yes, the seperate account is called the Black account and the wife has no information of

its exsistance. She does not know how I bought the last gun all she does know is that I make less at work

now ;) !! I cannot confirm nor deny the exsistance of this account either !! :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

:lol: Yes, the seperate account is called the Black account and the wife has no information of

its exsistance. She does not know how I bought the last gun all she does know is that I make less at work

now ;) !! I cannot confirm nor deny the exsistance of this account either !! :ph34r::ph34r:

Bingo!! ....I'm not saying I do this (so don't try to blackmail me) but with a direct deposit I, I mean you, could setup an "allotment" to directly deposit money (in this example lets say about $50.00 per pay period or $100 per month) of my, I mean your, paycheck directly into that black account. The wife would never know you ever had the money. :D

Bingo!! ....I'm not saying I do this (so don't try to blackmail me) but with a direct deposit I, I mean you, could setup an "allotment" to directly deposit money (in this example lets say about $50.00 per pay period or $100 per month) of my, I mean your, paycheck directly into that black account. The wife would never know you ever had the money. :D

Things like that are why I don't have a wife!!! Less trouble

Things like that are why I don't have a wife!!! Less trouble

Ah, she's probably doing the same thing to me with her Longaberger baskets and skin care products. It all works out in the end.

When you find enough bullets on top of your nightstand or dryer...to shoot a match.

When more than two rooms in your house...have mini IPSC targets on the walls

when you know the exact value of every piece of brass you find on the ground

When your postman has had at least two hernias from delivering your parcels

The UPS man thinks your middle name is...ORDM

You switch to a new and smaller carry gun...and your neighbor thinks your tumor must be shrinking

You make more than $500.00 a year selling your scrap brass

Your preteen kids can field strip more than 5 rifles from different countrys

Jim

when you go to the store to buy sunscreen and you see *SPF* and you first thought is "I wonder if Merlin bought it"

Now that's funny. Especially for a first post. Welcome to the forum!

:roflol:

... putting your range bag in the truck more than triples the value of your car.

... you have every local match schedule posted on at least two walls at work.

... people come to ask you a question at work and just know better than to talk to you while you are on "that forum" again!

... you get your paycheck and say "Hey, I made 3 1/2 cases of Montana Gold bullets this time!"

... you fill the gas tank and are bummed because you realize that money could have paid for a couple local matches.

... coworkers don't look at you funny anymore when you are polishing mag tubes.

... you have a separate savings account for "toys".

... your GF asks if you can go out for dinner or if you have a match Saturday night.

... 99% of your e-mail is from fellow shooters and you just delete anything else.

• 4 months later...