Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....when on New Year's Eve someone lights off one of those really huge string of firecrackers next to you and you just stand there during the whole episode and say, "This is nothing....you should RO some of those Open guns sometime!" (and of course the neighbors now think you're nuts)

When you put your gun in your refridgerator overnight to simulate a cold weather environment, and to see if your gun would work flawlessly under these conditions.

When you torture test your glock, because you didn't think that the original torture test wasn't good enough.

When you buy hoppes by the gallon

If you have ever shot at someone else's target to make them feel good about thier hits.

When you go to a gun store with your only-occasionally-shooting friends, and they don't understand why you get so pissed about the clerk pointing "unloaded" guns at you.

Edited by ima45dv8

When you put your gun in your refridgerator overnight to simulate a cold weather environment, and to see if your gun would work flawlessly under these conditions.

If you have ever shot at someone else's target to make them feel good about thier hits.

Guilty as charged.......

-Your 6 year old gives load and make ready commands better than most RO's.

-Your husband walks in the door and says "nice perfume is it Hoppes #9?"

-Your husband thinks jewelry stores are cheaper.

-Your 6 year old says "Did you check the chamber?" before I start dry firing.

-You are on the way to the range for a match and see a broken down truck with an IPSC target hanging off the back. You stop and pick up 3 other shooters.

I'm sorry they just keep comming

When you tell your wife that you were doing 15 splits today, and she looks at you funny.

My wife knows my split times. ,,She would say ?Target to target or for a double? ? Auto or Revolver? <_< and if I could get them down to .15 she would be more happy than me about it.

When your passwords/pin numbers are all gun models or calibers or combinations thereof.

Guilty as charged.. :lol: that's the only system that works for me! :D:D

Ditto - additionally, I'm a French teacher, so they include shooting terms in French. :D

I'm single and have 1 car and 2 trucks. During the summer I use the 1/2 ton Chevy for running about to the grocery store, Dr's. office and such because the Chevy S10 truck is loaded with my gear for shooting high power rifle and the car has my pistol box and gear in the trunk. Usually from May through Sept. neither vehicle is unloaded. Rifles and pistols stay in the rig unless they need to be worked on. Empty brass is taken out when the brass can is full.

I'm single and have 1 car and 2 trucks. During the summer I use the 1/2 ton Chevy for running about to the grocery store, Dr's. office and such because the Chevy S10 truck is loaded with my gear for shooting high power rifle and the car has my pistol box and gear in the trunk. Usually from May through Sept. neither vehicle is unloaded. Rifles and pistols stay in the rig unless they need to be worked on. Empty brass is taken out when the brass can is full.

When it takes TWO trucks for your shooting gear.......... :blink:

You know you are a shooter when:

When you have a 2000 pound capacity enclosed trailer to take your gear to away matches!

AND another 2000 pound capacity trailer bought just to haul a complete stage from your home club to an Area Match.

Jim