Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you keep your trigger finger extended whenever possible while doing anything to keep it isolated from your other fingers having to grasp something. I really do this when I'm shaking hands or anything else that doesn't require a strong grip.

Edited by Gary1911A1

-When you moved the weekend of your wedding back one week because you didn't want to miss the RO Course and she understands. (yes I did that)

-When you get back from the match that day the Wife asks, so where are you shooting next weekend.

-When you picked out the new car for the Wife you made sure it got great gas mileage, had four doors and a big trunk so you and your shooting buddy's could all fit.

• 2 weeks later...

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A SHOOTER WHEN...

You have a bucket full of odd (really odd -- .30 Mauser kind of stuff) brass you don't want to get rid of, because you might have a pistol in that caliber one day.

That's funny right there. I keep all that .380 brass I find inbetween my 9's for the same reason.

Pansies. Try this.

That drum is a 15gallon oil drum, 1/3 submerged. Luckily the barricade boxes are on 8" f concrete. However the target changers were somewhat deeper in water than that drum. I am down range changing targets as that was taken. Knee deep in water.

It became a lost brass match really quick.

post-789-127710875808_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I, myself, don't need an excuse to go out and buy a gun if I'm really wanting to buy one. Virtually any 'excuse' will do, regardless of my age at that moment. :devil:

My guess is SigLady will be buying a 25 caliber on her next birthday! ;)

Your children's' Hearing and Eye protection is better than most of the Regular shooters' at the range and are from Forum sponsors/vendors (E-Rudy and Dillon) :devil: .

Also, your children want you to "Make more Bullets" so they can fill cartridge boxes for spending money.

It's not a 1911, but EVERY Browning aficionado NEEDS a Baby Browning in 25 ACP :goof:

Edited by Modoc

You don't have the usual nightmares people have.. You dream about... THE RANGE! This has happened to me twice this week. First one I was trying to practice for the coming Area match. There were people everywhere, so we had to take turns shooting. When I finally did get to shoot my husband accidentally brought the open gun instead of my production gun. There was lots of other weird stuff too.. like mass amounts of picnic tables and no side berms.

My second dream this week was about actually shooting Area. I was on a squad with the guys from Top Shot. I was shooting a stage and there were a bunch of plates that wouldn't go down. There were no calibrations, and later I found out that they were supposed to be hardcover but weren't painted black. Because I already shot the stage and didn't challenge it, I had to take the score as it was. Then part of each stage each person had to produce a piece of artwork that would help decide how you finished in the match. I had a limited amount of time to make each piece, and they all looked like crap. It doesn't sound that scary.. but it was awful. ::shudder::

Lindsey

You can't understand why people keep giving you funny looks while you sit next to the wave pool at the WI Dells. (reading your copy of Practical Shooting) Just got back home, back to work tomarrow :angry2: