Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When index your trigger finger above the trigger on you Dewalt 18v drill. Safety first!

When you find yourself indexing your trigger finger BOTH stron and weak hand on the IR gun while checking materials. And then the laborers don't understand you outburst of laughter. :D

You know you're a shooter when you're walking through the office and see this pallet with boxes on it and the first thing that comes to your mind is "damn Single Stack guys"

DSC_0482.jpg

Edited by CZinSC

When you have a couple of pairs of dedicated shooting pants because there is an in-removable stain on the strong side where the muzzle of your gun touches when you walk.

I call it the "Ghost Stain."

• 2 weeks later...

When you go to a gun store with your only-occasionally-shooting friends, and they don't understand why you get so pissed about the clerk pointing "unloaded" guns at you.

My uncle doesn't understand why I don't like it when he points his "unloaded" gun in my general direction either. "But it's unloaded" "So...your point being? It's still a DQ."

• 3 weeks later...

You plan your vacations in towns where there just happens to be a Major Match that weekend.

Every container you come across, you feel you need it in your gun room to hold brass or loaded rounds.

You can’t watch cop shows without critiquing everyone’s gun handling skills.

When you watch a news broadcast and the anchor mentions “10,000 rounds of ammo was found”, you says “Is that all?”

If you listen closely outside of my house at midnight, you can hear the ching…. bump… of my loading press.

...having loose brass everywhere, on the driveway, the back deck and back yard, dryer and of course all over the living room in several baggies and containers.

...you get up earlier on the weekend to shoot (and enjoy it) than you do to go to work during the week.

...when I pull my gun out and walk towards the back door, the dogs go and hide somewhere inside to avoid the noise.

When, while reaching in your pocket for something while wearing a jacket, you "sweep" your jacket out of the way the same way as if you were drawing your pistol.

Related to that one....Whenever you reach into your strong side pocket, your weak hand automatically moves across your belly as if to draw.