Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You are dry firing and you look over your shoulder to see your Daughters(2 and 4) dry firing with you with their toy guns."
That is so cool I can hardly contain myself!!!! :bow:

It is very cool until they start shouting range comands. "The range is hot!" "The range is cold!" and when it is cold, they expect you to stop!

"You are dry firing and you look over your shoulder to see your Daughters(2 and 4) dry firing with you with their toy guns."
That is so cool I can hardly contain myself!!!! :bow:

It is very cool until they start shouting range comands. "The range is hot!" "The range is cold!" and when it is cold, they expect you to stop!

Time to start having them on the (practice) line with you :cheers: I know, because I have a son who does the same thing :D

The other good one is when they stand at the line and go "Beep Me, Dad!"

.....you talk to your wife on the phone, she puts your 3 year old daughter on to say hi, and she says "hi daddy! You shooting at the range?" I then proceed to explain to a 3 year old that daddy is actually at work more than shooting at the range. Anytime I'm not home now her default answer is "Daddy's at the range," actually made me feel bad but I don't even get to go that often!

You are dry firing and you look over your shoulder to see your Daughters(2 and 4) dry firing with you with their toy guns.

You so need to post a picture of this ball of cuteness!! Two junior shooters in the making. :)

You know you are a shooter when reschedule a cruise *several grand worth* to be able to shoot a $25 charity match. LOL Yeah, I did that, twice. :goof:

Joe W.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
... on Saturday at any given time before noon you can be found walking around the house in nothing but your loaded gunbelt.

Not sure I need that picture in my head while eating breakfast. :sick:

... if you've run through the house in your underwear dryfiring on every door knob and light switch in the house.

Ok, you got me. Done that.

When you swap batteries on your hand drill like it was a mag change (with finger clearly off the trigger)

Doesn't everybody? :huh:

... when you walk in your local gunshop and the guy at the counter immediately tells the customer he's attending to "Ask that guy".

Yeah, I've been the gunstore clerk who said that more than once. We had a serious bow hunter who came in several times a week and sat there for a few hours at a time (not unusual among our regulars). Whenever anyone asked me an archery question, I got Tracy to help them. :P

There were a few, very few, who we'd ask gun questions, usually in their narrow area of expertise. The owner of the store where I worked really was a walking encyclopedia of firearms, hunting, and reloading info, so we rarely had to look further than him when we wanted to know something.

You look at your wife girlfriend/spouse after a couple glasses of wine and think, "Make Ready!"

You're to drunk to perform and you slur, "Squib"

You see a hottie when out with the spouse and think, "Forbidden Area"

The wife catches you looking at said hottie and you think, "One procedural"

You see some pole dancing honey and think, "Unsafe Gun Handling"

You do pole dance honey and wakeup thinking, "DQ"

:lol::roflol::roflol:

Assuming there isn't too much obnoxious b/g soundtrack music, when you can tell what kind of handgun the actor/actress on TV is using by the sound of the racking slide. (Hint: Glocks are easy to identify).

Or notice that the sound effects don't match the gun being used.

You know you've been a gunwriter for too long when you're going through back issues of gun magazines, you come across an article title in the table of contents, you think, "Oh, that looks interesting. I'll bet I'd enjoy reading that," then you look at the byline and realize you wrote it 15 years ago. And can't even remember having written it. Then you read the article and it's all new to you - it's like reading someone else's writing.

LOL

I've done similar on musical equipment forums. Looking for an answer to a question, do a search, and turn up a 5-year-old post where I explained it in detail to someone else and don't remember. :blink:

8. at least once, you forget to bring your rig or gun or shooting shooes or ammo at a match.

I thought I forgot my mags once, at an out of town match. Found them pre-loaded and stashed in the console of my truck rather than in my shooting bag. Not sure why I put them there, but at least I found them. Last match I went to, I forgot my ear protection, but found extra in my truck.

When your 9 and 7 year old kids know what type of brass to pick up for daddy at the range

WHen those same kids can read and understand the headstamp on the range brass

my 2 year old daughter picks up brass

When your 9 and 7 year old kids know what type of brass to pick up for daddy at the range

WHen those same kids can read and understand the headstamp on the range brass

my 2 year old daughter picks up brass

We had one fellow that shoot with us that had 8 or 10 kids (i can't remember how many.) any how a few boys in the 8 to 12 range who liked to watch dad but were getting in the way. so i hired them to pick brass for me. they were old enough to understand that they couldn't go on the range till it was clear and they couldn't go ahead of the person with the timer. i paid them a buck a doggie bag of brass and they know no 22 shells. Anyhow i think it cost me $10 that day and i got back more then a 100 super cases along with some 45 and a shit pile of 9 and 40 of course.

Well after that it became standard for the boys to pick brass, sort it and sell it. along the way they leaned that they got more money for clean brass then dirty brass. so there we are at a match and dad walks up to me and tells me i have created some brass monsters. i give him the questioning look and he starts to tell me about the boys washing the brass in the sink at the hotel room. he was very happy it was a hotel room because the mess he described was awesome.

Edited by walter hornby

We had one fellow that shoot with us that had 8 or 10 kids (i can't remember how many.) any how a few boys in the 8 to 12 range who liked to watch dad but were getting in the way. so i hired them to pick brass for me. they were old enough to understand that they couldn't go on the range till it was clear and they couldn't go ahead of the person with the timer. i paid them a buck a doggie bad of brass and they know no 22 shells. Anyhow i think it cost me $10 that day and i got back more then a 100 super cases along with some 45 and a shit pile of 9 and 40 of course.

Well after that it became standard for the boys to pick brass, sort it and sell it. along the way they leaned that they got more money for clean brass then dirty brass. so there we are at a match and dad walks up to me and tells me i have created some brass monsters. i give him the questioning look and he starts to tell me about the boys washing the brass in the sink at the hotel room. he was very happy it was a hotel room because the mess he described was awesome.

That there is some good stuff and still darned funny!!

Joe W.

you've been thrown out of your local Laundromat because you washed your Barney bullets.

while washing your shooting clothes you forget to go through all of those tactical pockets for the unload and show clear bullets and the girl who walked up to the washer after you screams "My God there are bullets in this washer!!!!!"

the manager runs over and everyone looks around at me

(I was wearing my What would Eddy do?? memorial shirt at the time, It was not too hard to figure out it was me)

Yep I got the "Those could have gone off and killed us all!!!!!!" speech. . . while being shoved out the door with armloads of wet laundry and told to never come back.

I was laughing too hard at the thought of those really clean rounds exploding in the washer too complain about the money I just lost on the dryer cycle and to ask for my rounds back . . . hell the brass was still good.

Rich,

No, I'm an Infantry guy that works for the Battle Command Training Program on Leavenworth. I drive by the USDB on the way to the range every week. The old DB is being dismantled....they built a new one a while back.

Stephen

Stephen,

Do you know Col. Mildenstein?

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

when taking out the kitchen garbage can you plan it like you would plan a stage. "Is it faster to dump the kitchen can into the big can, put the kitchen can down, roll the big can out to the front and then pick up the kitchen can on the way in? Or...Is it faster to dump the kitchen can into the big can and carry the kitchen can in one hand while rolling the big can out to street. That way I don't have to stop on the way back to pick up the kitchen can and can just B-line right into the house. Buuuuuttttt, is it slower to walk while holding the kitchen can and rolling the big can? Am I saving that much time by taking it with me or should I just pick it up on the way back to the house. HMMMMMMM, I'll need a 5 minute walk through to test it out!!! :roflol: