Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

You inevitably go through one of the periodic safe emptying sales when times are hard, but rather than mourning the losses, you realize how much space there is now to fill back up when times are good again.

I just buy another safe!!! I need more room!!!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheers: You are at the largest shooting EXPO on the planet(shot show) and when you are done with the show you drive around Vegas looking for gun stores. Just in case they have something you haven't seen(did it this year). We are not degenerate gamblers, we are degenerate gun owners.

You spend 4 days at the SHOT Show and on the morning of the 4th day relize that you've spent 3 straight days looking for cool new toys and parts for you 3 gun habit. . . and you have half of the last day to actuly get contracts signed for your emplployer who sent you there.

Damn

Second year thats happened to me

Next year I'll do better, I swear. But I'd better go for all 4 days . . just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best I have heard ( and which I have been guilty of ) is when you pick up and save brass for firearms you do not even own....yet.

HAHA like me and my obsession with keeping 357sig and 38sc brass :roflol:

so-thats were my brass has been going :D

I think the best I have heard ( and which I have been guilty of ) is when you pick up and save brass for firearms you do not even own....yet.

HAHA like me and my obsession with keeping 357sig and 38sc brass :roflol:

so-thats were my brass has been going :D

possibly :) actually i have a bag of 38sc for you :blush: some of its yours im sure but :rolleyes: i think alot of its the others guys I'll make sure to bring it to the next match i can make ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Know you are a shooter when you have a AR and shotgun torn down all over the kitchen counter and island and just cook around it.-----Larry

so true, not just in the kitchen...the bedroom, the dining room, the living room. gun guts everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

You know you’re a shooter when while on vacation, in a nice hotel, you pass by one of their boutique shops and see a $2500 Butcher Block table and think “Wow, that would make an AWESOME reloading bench!”

Yes, my girlfriend did roll her eyes at me when I told her what I would do with the table. But come on…look at it! Wouldn’t you want to mount your Dillon on this thing?!

DSC_0254.jpg

You realize you just looked the battery into the grip of your electric drill, just like it was a pistol you were reloading.

You know you're a competition shooter when instead of buying a new toy, you buy an identical backup of your competition gun.

I did both of these this week.

• 2 weeks later...

You know your an open shooter when your gun is too expensive to shoot someone with.

...you wait for your wife to go to bed so you can sneak in the garage and reload.

...cant afford gas to get to the range this week, but you will never run out of ammo.

... Montana Gold calls you on first of every month.

• 3 weeks later...

When you attach a beavertail to your coffee cup.

When you have this topic printed and hardbound to give to all your friends and family at Christmas.

When you get time alone with your wife and give her a stage briefing before the COF with an emphases on all the positions for a possible AD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may have already been posted but you know you're a shooter when your standard unit of currency is rounds of ammo. Two bean & rice burritos at Taco Bell cost 12 rounds of 9mm Federal.

This may have already been posted but you know you're a shooter when your standard unit of currency is rounds of ammo.

Truth.

"DAMMIT! That ticket just cost me 1,000 rounds of 9mm!" :roflol:

• 1 month later...