Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Enos Members are USPSA Grand Masters?

RangerTrace

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Trace,

I'm not a GM nor do I play one on TV. You can safely ignore all of my posts.  🙂

I came within .3 of GM in Limited before I stopped trying around 2006, and was a Limited / Limited 10 M. But never felt competitive in M, I was a match A. 

Current classification (USPSA canceled me last week, darn those membership dues):

image.png

On 3/19/2023 at 8:50 PM, RangerTrace said:

Obviously there are many GMs out there.  I just wanted to see which Enos members are GMs.  In my opinion it gives your posts more credibility.  I'm just an "A".   So I might listen harder to a GM or M......if the delivery is right

😬

Be careful. 

Edited by B_RAD

That's my point.  Unless you personally know or shoot with another Enos member, it's unlikely you know their classification.  When I first started USPSA in 2008, somebody (on here I think) said to go watch your local GMs shoot and ask them questions.  Makes sense that it would work on here too.  I agree that being a GM doesn't automatically make you a great instructor.  But odds are most GMs would know more about shooting matches than a "C" or "D" shooter.  My intention for this thread was to identify and recognize those members who's made GM.  It was certainly not to belittle those of us who have not hit 95%.     

I'm a B shooter. No one is going to ask me about the intricacies of what it takes to shoot at a very high level. But I feel like I  can give good basic information to new or inexperienced shooters coming out to start USPSA.  Many don't know the basics of how a match gets set up and runs on match  day. Some have a lot of incorrect assumptions. I don't try to give information that I don't know. 

23 minutes ago, MHicks said:

I'm a B shooter. No one is going to ask me about the intricacies of what it takes to shoot at a very high level. But I feel like I  can give good basic information to new or inexperienced shooters coming out to start USPSA.  Many don't know the basics of how a match gets set up and runs on match  day. Some have a lot of incorrect assumptions. I don't try to give information that I don't know. 

Perfect answer.  I'm in the same boat.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 10:26 PM, -JCN- said:

CO GM 2021 at age 45. 

PCC… sitting at 94.5% currently… will happen this year at 47 years old and creaky. 

Might work on Revo next…

Just crossed over… PCC GM at age 47. 

On 4/21/2023 at 9:10 PM, CalTeacher said:

As a PCC GM, I can confirm…lots of truth.

I'm not PCC GM, But with basically no rifle experience I picked one up last year dry fired for a couple weeks and made M at a all classifier match 1st time shooting it in a match.