Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity with Noblex Red dot is unshootable.

glockman75

I just received brand new twin Infinity IMM open guns (after waiting a year) with Noblex / Doctor NV G Red dots and the dots are unshootable!  They suggested these sights and I decided to try them.  Oops.

WTF?  The dots have curved glass that distorts the field of view so bad it’s actually makes the target look 3/4 smaller!  What a piece of junk!  It’s like looking down a telescope backwards!   Did no one ever look at these?  Am I missing something?

Holy hell.

57880EB9-3242-4056-91FD-9036A13E76C3.jpeg

I’m a GM.  Not a national contender but I’m no noobie.  This sight is horrible . It distorts the field of view making things seem smaller.  It’s the opposite of magnification.   Could the glass be installed incorrectly?   Manufacturing defect or design defect?  Is this parallax?  It has massive parallax?  It’s really bad.    What the hell is wrong with this dot?

I’ll be calling SV in the morning.  I’ve never seen anything like this.

I just looked up this optic after reading your post and it seems like a decent one in paper. But you have to remove the thing to change the battery. Can't really see any upside to this at all. Price point is on par with R3 max/xl, alpha 3 ect... I do know a few of their shooters use doctor optics but I've never really looked at them myself. Honestly the whole battery under the optic part would keep me from buying it. 

12 hours ago, glockman75 said:

I just received brand new twin Infinity IMM open guns (after waiting a year) \

Did you really order in 3/2021 and waited a year?  I ordered in June and was initially told 8 months. Looks like I will be waiting for a while longer

5 hours ago, Balakay said:

Did you really order in 3/2021 and waited a year?  I ordered in June and was initially told 8 months. Looks like I will be waiting for a while longer

Yes.  I was told 7ish months when I ordered it but it took a year.

Edited by glockman75

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

You caveman!!

LOL..  The only reason is the dot is much less apt to starburst than the others.  I've had trifocal lens replacement which is why the more intense the dot the more supernova I get.

I only discovered how crisp the dot was as I put a slideridge on my revo for ICORE open.  My scores went up in ipsc after I switched my 2011 from an RTS2.

On a more off topic note I can see irons without putting a patch on my left eye after the surgery.  go figure.

The noblex advertises as a German made optic. hmmm

https://us.noblex-e-optics.com/products/sight-g-leuchtpunktvisier

2 hours ago, glockman75 said:

Yes.  I was told 7ish months when I ordered it but it took a year.

First, sorry about that RDS thing going on. You have to be pissed waiting that long for those only to hate the one thing you are staring at the most on the guns. I can't remember any of their US shooters running that sight and it seems like such an obscure RDS.

Second though, crap! 12ish months when you were given probably initially given the 6-8 month build window is really disappointing to me. I was given an 8-10 month window late last year and now it sounds like it'll probably be Christmas before I see that one. Maybe yours took longer because you got two at one time?

Update:  The guns are going back to the factory (at my expense).  SV is refunding and replacing the mounts and refunding for the Noblex NV G (POS) dots.  I have decided to stick with Leupold DPP 3.5 dots.  I've been running them in Open, PCC, Carry optics for years with very few failures.  I already have about 5 of them.

Just to make sure everyone understands.  I'm completely happy with SV Infinity's fit, finish, workmanship, etc.  They are incredible.  It took longer than was originally planned but so did my pool, garage, lanai etc.  This year everything took longer than was planned.

The guns are absolutely amazing and I'm excited about shooting them and going to .38 from 9 Major.  It's just the dots that are no good what so ever.  I mean there is no chance that you could shoot these fast and accurately.  

The curved glass in the window of the Noblex NV G distorts the view.  It makes the target appear smaller and is not suitable for high speed shooting of any kind. 

IF YOU HAVE A NOBLEX NV G ON ORDER CANCEL IT! 

Live and learn!

Happy shooting everyone! 

Sincerely,  Ian M.

Edited by glockman75

Looks like my 8-10 month time frame will be 12 months 😭 

maybe Bonnie recommended that dot? 

on the plus side, I think Leupold DPP is the best dot on the market!  I have 8 of them!  I may try the eotech whatever that has DPP footprint.  And I know what I’m talking about since I’m a national champion 🤣😂😅