Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MarilynMonbro said:

Is the bar rubbing against the connector?

Not at all, I adjusted it several times and finally put it back where I started. I have worked on 100 plus Glocks in the past 20 plus years.

Not sure, I think if you know the platform and are comfortable working on glock triggers, I think you can get better. I think you can shorten the take up a little more and still be on the shelf. You can mix and match all kinds of oem and aftermarket parts to get exactly what you want. However this is a very good innovative trigger which at a 150 bucks gets you an excellent trigger.

My kit came in today - there were two trigger return springs included, a silver one for stock connector & a red one for aftermarket connector. I used the red spring with a Ghost connector - will go test fire tomorrow but so far it is sweet dry-firing it! 

IMG_2042.jpeg

Edited by titandriver
added more info

12 hours ago, Flea said:

Has any consensus formed yet as to whether this is the be all, end all, must-have trigger for gun games in a Gen 5 G34?

I'd say if you're starting with a stock gun you just got, it's an easy way to get a really good trigger. But I wouldnt replace something you already have and like with this.

In my bone stock 34.5, it brings the pull down to right at 3 lbs.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, titandriver said:

My kit came in today - there were two trigger return springs included, a silver one for stock connector & a red one for aftermarket connector. I used the red spring with a Ghost connector - will go test fire tomorrow but so far it is sweet dry-firing it! 

Got to shoot it today - WOW!!!!!!!! Outstanding!

IMG_2042.jpeg

Just installed my timney in a 34/5. Seems really good but would like to shorten the take up. Is there any way to do that? What gains will I see from an aftermarket connector? Right now it’s all stock minus the timney.

2 hours ago, Baron85 said:

Just installed my timney in a 34/5. Seems really good but would like to shorten the take up. Is there any way to do that? What gains will I see from an aftermarket connector? Right now it’s all stock minus the timney.

You can only shorten up the take up very little until the trigger safety no longer engages. You’d have to modify the blade safety to take have noticeable change in take up.

man i just don't know what's going on with my zev lower.  tried the timney trigger now (after trying an apex) with a few different connectors.  takeup sucks a little less but still sucks.  i was trying to sight it in the other day with a red dot, using a rest, and by the time i got the trigger all the way back i was all over the place.  similar components in my 80% lower and WAY better trigger pull.  ditto for my canik and even gen 4 glocks.

8 hours ago, davsco said:

man i just don't know what's going on with my zev lower.  tried the timney trigger now (after trying an apex) with a few different connectors.  takeup sucks a little less but still sucks.  i was trying to sight it in the other day with a red dot, using a rest, and by the time i got the trigger all the way back i was all over the place.  similar components in my 80% lower and WAY better trigger pull.  ditto for my canik and even gen 4 glocks.

Tried putting the Timney trigger in an old CCF frame and was bummed that the pins weren’t compatible with the trigger.

On 4/19/2021 at 3:20 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I guess I will have to get the stronger trigger spring for a faster reset. My splits are slower with the Timney than the trigger I did myself. Thanks, Eric

Man I had no idea there was a stronger reset trigger now that they were putting out. I've been off the forums for awhile for work. I'll have to check this out.

Per their website description, Timney is now including a c-clip that goes between the sear housing and the screw that secures it to the trigger housing. Apparently, some were having issues with (over)tightening that screw and had the screw head actually pull through the polymer trigger housing or break a small piece out of it.

21 hours ago, Whitefish said:

Per their website description, Timney is now including a c-clip that goes between the sear housing and the screw that secures it to the trigger housing. Apparently, some were having issues with (over)tightening that screw and had the screw head actually pull through the polymer trigger housing or break a small piece out of it.

They really should include a torque setting on it although it’s probably super light like 5-7 in lb without breaking the oem polymer housing. I need to contact timney today about mine and getting the stronger return spring

On 4/26/2021 at 11:04 AM, ImpactDoc said:

They really should include a torque setting on it although it’s probably super light like 5-7 in lb without breaking the oem polymer housing. I need to contact timney today about mine and getting the stronger return spring

I contacted Timney 10 days ago and have not received the spring or a reply.

4 hours ago, JBP55 said:

I contacted Timney 10 days ago and have not received the spring or a reply.

I contacted them yesterday, they got back to me late today (same time zone as I am in). I replied directly to my order confirmation and CC'd their customer service email as well just in case. May want to give it a whirl 10 days w/o a reply is a long time.

Hello, my spring kit came today and I installed the red spring for after market connecters. I really like the reset speed now. It did make the trigger pull a little tougher but the quick reset makes it worth it to me. I appreciate Timney sending this out so quickly. Thanks, Eric

On 4/27/2021 at 10:13 PM, ImpactDoc said:

I contacted them yesterday, they got back to me late today (same time zone as I am in). I replied directly to my order confirmation and CC'd their customer service email as well just in case. May want to give it a whirl 10 days w/o a reply is a long time.

I sent another e mail to Timney today and will report back when they respond.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:41 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, my spring kit came today and I installed the red spring for after market connecters. I really like the reset speed now. It did make the trigger pull a little tougher but the quick reset makes it worth it to me. I appreciate Timney sending this out so quickly. Thanks, Eric

Emailed Timney and they said they’d send out the new trigger spring.  Will report after I get to test it.