Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

2 hours ago, BASE772 said:

Off subject but to me the stock triggers on large frame Glocks feel better than the small frames.  🤷‍♂️ Could just be the larger grip I guess.

That's my feeling too.  My favorite Glock to shot is my G20, with downloaded ammo.  Close behind is my G21.  Maybe it's the larger frame, I dunno...

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

That's my feeling too.  My favorite Glock to shot is my G20, with downloaded ammo.  Close behind is my G21.  Maybe it's the larger frame, I dunno...

Of the ones I have tested with a trigger pull gauge the large frame Glocks had a slightly heavier trigger pull weight.

14 hours ago, JBP55 said:

Of the ones I have tested with a trigger pull gauge the large frame Glocks had a slightly heavier trigger pull weight.

My G20 runs around 2 lb 4 oz, from the reset point.  Not bad for a Glock.

It has a Johnny Glock trigger in it.  Nice, but I'd prefer the Timney...

ok, giving the timney a try in my zev oz9 lower and zi armory slide.  have tried a handful of aftermarket triggers in this and they all suck (lotsa takeup and springy), hopefully this will be a lot better.  i have an apex trigger in a gen 4 glock with zi slide and it's pretty nice, low takeup and crisp break, but can't duplicate this in the zev.

5 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

And the wait begins lol. I'm almost wondering if I just get one for my gen 4 while I'm waiting for the gen 5s to ship.

LOL I'm in the same boat as you. I'm on gun broker looking to pick up a second G34 in gen4 just so I can get a timney now. It's seriously an addiction.

On 2/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, tt350z said:

Mine stayed in battery fine with the #11 recoil spring.

I had and have heard of others having issues with the 13# recoil spring in a 34.5. I think the issue is that the Gen 5 guide rod is a bit longer so the spring is less compressed. I switched to a 14# and my out of battery problems went away.

Shot a steel match with the gen4 34 on 2/28 and was very pleased with the Timney trigger. No problems and took a few rounds to get used to how light it is. Tossed it in the safe afterwards and pulled it out today for some practice. After 200 rounds or so it started to not reset. The trigger pull was noticeably dragging. Split it apart and it was pretty carboned up. I installed the Timney with no lube and the match and this practice were shot using 147gr with 3.1gr of W231. No power factor for steel and these are very dirty loaded down that low. Cleaned and lubed the pistol after I got home and it's back to really slick, solid reset and the pull felt even lighter. It's now 2 1/2 pounds on my gauge. 

I guess I'll get in line for another for my gen5 34.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:05 PM, hermes_actual said:

I had and have heard of others having issues with the 13# recoil spring in a 34.5. I think the issue is that the Gen 5 guide rod is a bit longer so the spring is less compressed. I switched to a 14# and my out of battery problems went away.

Your longer guide rod theory makes sense.
Also, I've noticed that the Gen 5s are tighter when locking up. In my experience when coupled with a lighter recoil spring they're a little more likely to hang out of battery than Gen 1-4s.

8 minutes ago, b2alpha said:

Does the firing pin(stricker) safety work with the Timney tigger installed?

Of the three videos I've seen yes it does. I am waiting on agen5 one to put in a gun.