Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

1. Wanting to turn a competition trigger into a carry one is misguided. 

2. My gen 5 version got a tracking number today. 

Johnny Glock has a new video up where he turns one to a carry mode. Some suspect that he’s using a +connector to do it. 

22 minutes ago, rooster said:

Johnny Glock has a new video up where he turns one to a carry mode. Some suspect that he’s using a +connector to do it. 

Still doesn't make me think it is a good idea.

I got the email saying they are now available for gen 5, hoping to get tracking info for delivery at some point today or tomorrow.

My carry guns are stock as well and I keep a g17 stock that I occasionally train with as well.

I'm running out of glocks I want to buy but that yearly GSSF cert still comes that I 'need' to use. If this trigger is as good as it looks to be, I'll put the idea of getting a fancier gun away and just keep running glocks.

Edit: just got my shipping notification, should be here mid week.

Edited by Intheshaw1

On 3/2/2021 at 7:06 AM, BillChunn said:

Timney website says mine was ordered 2/23/21 and is "Awaiting Fulfillment".

BC

A week after the order was placed, contacted Customer Service through their "Contact Us" link on their webpage.  Asked when it would ship.  The reply was "in 2-3 weeks".

Well as of today, it's been over three weeks.  Order is still in the same status... "Awaiting Fulfillment".  It might be the best thing since sliced bread but if they cannot make them, what good are they?

Funny that others are getting their Gen5 triggers and it appears Timney has decided to abandon the rest of us poor slobs with Gen3/4 guns.

If this is the way they fill their order book, I might as well cancel the order and get my money back.  

BC

16 minutes ago, BillChunn said:

A week after the order was placed, contacted Customer Service through their "Contact Us" link on their webpage.  Asked when it would ship.  The reply was "in 2-3 weeks".

Well as of today, it's been over three weeks.  Order is still in the same status... "Awaiting Fulfillment".  It might be the best thing since sliced bread but if they cannot make them, what good are they?

Funny that others are getting their Gen5 triggers and it appears Timney has decided to abandon the rest of us poor slobs with Gen3/4 guns.

If this is the way they fill their order book, I might as well cancel the order and get my money back.  

BC

Doh that bites.... yeah I wonder if they pushed production off for the gen 5 rollout based on preorders... bummer 

39 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

Doh that bites.... yeah I wonder if they pushed production off for the gen 5 rollout based on preorders... bummer 

Thats what I was thinking as well. 

42 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Tues 5pm and fedex tracking still shows sitting in Phoenix. Darn.

Mine says delivery by 430 tomorrow and it's in IN right now but didn't get there until a couple hours ago. So you still have some hope it's just en route and hasn't been scanned yet.

Edited by Intheshaw1

Same thing here. Mine was someplace far and then I just looked and it’s at the local center. I’m supposed to get it tomorrow. If I get it before 4:00 pm I’ll have a chance to try out at our 4 stage Wednesday night mini match.

Just came in. Maybe took me 10 minutes to install. Everything is pretty straightforward if your familiar with glocks. With a dot connector I got a little over 3lbs with a 4.5 striker spring which is not in the equation anymore. I had little  less than 3 lbs with a 4 lb striker spring with the dot with my other setup. With the minus connector I got just under 3. The break to me felt the same with either connector. Take up was about the same as stock. Because of the way it’s works you can’t use a trigger housing with take up or pretravel screws anymore. I had them and had to use a housing without. The takeup is outstanding because you are no longer cocking the striker. No overtravel that I could see or feel. Reset worked with both connectors no problem. I’ll be shooting tonight at our mini match.

One thing I just did but wasn’t able to do with the old set up. I just tried an 11lb recoil spring and it worked. I guess now because the striker spring is not fighting against the recoil spring I was able to go down in weight. Before slide would not fully go into battery with an 11 lb spring.

23 minutes ago, rooster said:

One thing I just did but wasn’t able to do with the old set up. I just tried an 11lb recoil spring and it worked. I guess now because the striker spring is not fighting against the recoil spring I was able to go down in weight. Before slide would not fully go into battery with an 11 lb spring.

with the 4# striker spring?