Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update (since Timney just sent me a form to review the trigger lol (automated form)):

No response from Timney after 12 days (original email) and 7 days (2nd ping email):

1572488849_ScreenShot2021-03-29at3_31_22PM.thumb.png.7f91fc9e845ba75fc818ece93de7d240.png

I guess I need to edit that first shots video and post it on YT already...

Edit: video is up

Edited by Stepan
video link

After two friends told me how great the trigger was I ordered one for my new, stock G45.
I installed it and it felt bad. No better than a stock Glock trigger. Mush, long take up and spongy trigger pull. 
I polished the stock connector and no difference. Installed a lone Wolf I had on hand and no difference.
I sent it back for a refund.
Last night I got to try both my friends guns and night and day from what I experienced. 

Maybe I just got a bad one.

On 3/29/2021 at 4:35 PM, Stepan said:

Update (since Timney just sent me a form to review the trigger lol (automated form)):

No response from Timney after 12 days (original email) and 7 days (2nd ping email):

Any reason why you have not tried calling them?

So are most of the issues with gen 5 guns? 

i wonder if the ambi slide catch is pinching the trigger shoe or something preventing the trigger bar from dropping all the way? I dont have a gen 5 so I’m just guessing.

What does the little screw on the bottom of the housing do? They say to tighten it, but I don’t see that it does anything. My thought if maybe it was loose and wasn’t holding the housing down therefore the lug might be riding on it. Over on tactical toolbox his fell out and because he had a plug he found it. He also says to locktite it in which i did.

1 hour ago, rooster said:

What does the little screw on the bottom of the housing do? They say to tighten it, but I don’t see that it does anything. My thought if maybe it was loose and wasn’t holding the housing down therefore the lug might be riding on it. Over on tactical toolbox his fell out and because he had a plug he found it. He also says to locktite it in which i did.

That screw holds the sear housing down to the ejector housing so it doesnt come up. The lip of the screw catches on the bottom lip of the housing to keep it from coming up.

Well that was a mistake on my part. I just checked that screw, it was tight but I could pull the timney housing out of the trigger housing. I had a spare and tightened it to the lip and I couldn’t pull the housing up. I must have tightened it too tight and broke the lip.

22 hours ago, rooster said:

Well that was a mistake on my part. I just checked that screw, it was tight but I could pull the timney housing out of the trigger housing. I had a spare and tightened it to the lip and I couldn’t pull the housing up. I must have tightened it too tight and broke the lip.

Same happened to me. I think they could improve that. But I haven’t replaced my housing yet and haven’t had any problems. Seems like the trigger bar holds it down alright. 

On 4/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, tt350z said:

So are most of the issues with gen 5 guns? 

i wonder if the ambi slide catch is pinching the trigger shoe or something preventing the trigger bar from dropping all the way? I dont have a gen 5 so I’m just guessing.

The Mcmaster-Carr spring would not work in my Gen 5. Was to wide at the coils and it bound up. 🤷‍♂️  The factory spring works fine. Just to weak for my taste. 

1 hour ago, BASE772 said:

The Mcmaster-Carr spring would not work in my Gen 5. Was to wide at the coils and it bound up. 🤷‍♂️  The factory spring works fine. Just to weak for my taste. 

A little washer might work as long as you had a few threads into their housing. Their instructions don’t really say too much about that screw.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:37 PM, tt350z said:

That screw holds the sear housing down to the ejector housing so it doesnt come up. The lip of the screw catches on the bottom lip of the housing to keep it from coming up.

Ooooooohhhhh. I was so confused at the picture I didn't adjust anything with that screw. 

45 minutes ago, davsco said:

4# in my gen 3 zev oz9 lower and aftermarket upper.  Very little take up.  So a ways from their advertised 3#.  Dot connector. Suggestions appreciated on lightening!

I just dry fired the heck out of mine and greased it. Make sure the connector isnt pinching the trigger bar against the frame. I dont see the need to run a reduced power striker spring to lighten the pull an ounce. Way under #3 with a minus connector. Probably closer to #2.25-2.5

I started with the dot in my 34.5. Got 3lbs., nice wall crisp break. Minus connector got me to 23/4, a little less wall, all most same break. I had a TTI so it’s in there now. Break right at same or a little less that the minus, but a little less pronounced wall. I don’t know if I’d call it a rolling break but close.

9 hours ago, MarilynMonbro said:

Any idea how long the trigger spring would Iast and where we can order spares from?

Contact Timney per their website. They sent me a couple of the stronger trigger reset springs. I like them a lot better.  

On 4/13/2021 at 4:13 PM, BASE772 said:

Contact Timney per their website. They sent me a couple of the stronger trigger reset springs. I like them a lot better.  

Thanks for letting us know about the stronger reset spring. I don't see it on the website. I emailed and requested it. How did you learn about them?

Hello, I did some 3 shot drills today with my modified trigger I did and also the Timney. The Timney does need a faster reset spring at least for me. It felt like I was waiting on the trigger to reset compared to the modified stock trigger. The Timney is a little lighter pull weight than the modified stock trigger which is nice but I would like for it to reset quicker. I'll try a different connecter next. Thanks, Eric

21 hours ago, hermes_actual said:

Thanks for letting us know about the stronger reset spring. I don't see it on the website. I emailed and requested it. How did you learn about them?

Sent a message to Timney stating I love the trigger but not the reset. And if they ever come out with a heavier trigger reset spring I want one. 
Got a reply saying they have one. 🤷‍♂️