Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

Got it, love it. With TTI connector consistent 3.0lb break. Good reset. Easy install. 

Does have a tiny grit feel vs say something finely polished.

Less than 0.25" take up, less than 0.15" break and reset off just quick measurements. 

Totally recommend for a competitor or range gun.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Got it, love it. With TTI connector consistent 3.0lb break. Good reset. Easy install. 

Does have a tiny grit feel vs say something finely polished.

Less than 0.25" take up, less than 0.15" break and reset off just quick measurements. 

Totally recommend for a competitor or range gun.

Yay! You got it!

On 1/31/2021 at 1:15 AM, tt350z said:

For those worrying about the sluggish or sticking reset, don’t. It’s not the trigger causing it, it’s just much more sensitive to any friction since it doesn’t have a strong firing pin spring helping it reset.

If you feel there’s any sort of drag, binding or sticking, you may need to tune the connector. It is bent outwards a little to much pushing the trigger bar against the frame. You can check this by just taking the slide off, give the trigger a feel pulls/reset and note and drag, push the connector tab inward away from the frame and pull trigger, you should feel no drag. If you push to hard, the bar will jump the connector. If you push it outwards towards the frame, you’ll feel the drag for sure.

Thx again for leaving this info here.... I had to tune the connector, I ended up going back and forth with that and the ghost connector. Both were pinning the trigger bar and it was making the return very sluggish... for sure this would affect split times. Was easy enough with trial and error to get it right. You were right though pushing the connector too far towards the inside, caused the bar to jump. I might take some polishing paper to the parts this weekend if I have time. 

I got my Gen 5 on Wednesday.  I dry fired it some on Wednesday and Thursday.  The pull numbers on the Gen 5 matched the Gen 3/4 pretty closely.  I'm using a "-" connector with a Glock Store lightened striker and striker safety.  It has a stock striker string.  The recoil ass'y. is a Glock Store Tungsten with a Wolfe 11 lbs. string. 

With the stock trigger and a light weight striker spring, Zev 4 lbs., it would not consistently set off Wolf small rifle primers.  CCI SPP were a 100%.  (I have a surplus of Wolf primers left over from a primer scare several years ago).  With the Timney trigger letting me run a full power striker spring, I ran 100 rounds with Wolf's today without issue.  I know 100 is a small sample size, but I was having a failure to fire every 10-12 rounds before.

Given that I've haven't played with connectors and I haven't polished the trigger bar, I'm very happy.  

I got mine last night for Gen 5.  Night and day difference.  I am going to play around with the connectors a little and see what happens, but I'd be happy with it now.

I think this could bring a lot more people back to Glock.  The trigger has been my only complaint about them and even that was workable.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, ImpactDoc said:

Thx again for leaving this info here.... I had to tune the connector, I ended up going back and forth with that and the ghost connector. Both were pinning the trigger bar and it was making the return very sluggish... for sure this would affect split times. Was easy enough with trial and error to get it right. You were right though pushing the connector too far towards the inside, caused the bar to jump. I might take some polishing paper to the parts this weekend if I have time. 

Do you just bend it little by little so it sits further from the housing until you get it how you like it?

1 hour ago, LeviSS said:

Do you just bend it little by little so it sits further from the housing until you get it how you like it?

I bent mine a little inward towards the housing so there was less pressure pushing the trigger bar against the grip frame. 

I used a stock dot connector but.ill be playing around with others in the future.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:20 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, so what is the setup to use for a Gen 5 G17? I have a Gen 5 Timney coming this week to try again a trigger I did myself to see which one I like better. Thanks, Eric

The Timney I installed in a Gen 5 Glock has a 3# 5 oz. ten pull average.

The Johnny Glocks trigger I have in another Gen 5 Glock has a 3# 6 oz. ten pull average.

I will have to spend some time shooting both on the same day.

JBP55, very interested in hearing your comparison of the JG and Timney triggers. I have 4 Glocks with JG triggers and was contemplating trying the Timney in one of them. What’s holding me back is how good all 4 triggers are!

image.thumb.jpeg.d31924506a266c5abb6805e5314ba60e.jpeg

7 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, mine arrived today. I am using a "-" connector, 4.5lb striker spring and a lightened plunger spring. Jager captured guide rod with a 13lb ISMI spring. I'll test it later this week and see how it does. Thanks, Eric

I have a similar setup in my 34.5. The only thing different is a 14# Wolff recoil spring. Installed today. It registered a consistent 2.25# pull. Took it to the range. It failed to reset initially, but thanks to following the good info on this thread, I tuned the connector and problem solved. It's fantastic! I ordered another for my other 34.5!

37 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

so what's the consensus on running this trigger with the striker and recoil springs lightened?

I’ve been using a 15 lbs recoil spring with factory striker spring. I dont see the purpose of using a lighter striker spring with the Timney trigger. Sure it might lighten the pull 1 oz. but not worth it for increased chance of light primer strikes. Plus the full powered striker spring would give it a faster lock time for those that care about it (I dont). Got a 13 lbs spring on the way to try it out.

Just now, tt350z said:

I’ve been using a 15 lbs recoil spring with factory striker spring. I dont see the purpose of using a lighter striker spring with the Timney trigger. Sure it might lighten the pull 1 oz. but not worth it for increased chance of light primer strikes. Plus the full powered striker spring would give it a faster lock time for those that care about it (I dont). Got a 13 lbs spring on the way to try it out.

I have a 13# flat wire spring, ismi, on a jager guide rod in my 17.5 with the timney trigger. Every other spring is stock. I just have a delay in going into battery (when letting the slide go forward slowly) so I'm considering lowering my striker spring or upping the recoil spring.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, LeviSS said:

I bent mine inwards (towards the middle of the gun) little by little, I overshot, and then bent it back and overshot it again, and basically kept going back and forth until the trigger bar didn't jump the connector and wouldn't get pin the trigger bar either...and until it felt just perfect. I would say though that you do have to install everything and put pins at least partially in fore and aft to be accurate. 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, rowdyb said:

I have a 13# flat wire spring, ismi, on a jager guide rod in my 17.5 with the timney trigger. Every other spring is stock. I just have a delay in going into battery (when letting the slide go forward slowly) so I'm considering lowering my striker spring or upping the recoil spring.

I just did the same thing, I used the heavy guide rod I got for Jager a few days ago with the #13 wolf. I noticed even with the stock oem guide rod/spring setup there is some hangup in the slide going all the way forward. And it's more pronounced with a lightened spring, must be the sear mechanism? of the Timney?

If I got some time later when my kids are watching TV after dinner I"ll make a quick video and post it so others know what we are referring too.

Edited by ImpactDoc

1 hour ago, ImpactDoc said:

I just did the same thing, I used the heavy guide rod I got for Jager a few days ago with the #13 wolf. I noticed even with the stock oem guide rod/spring setup there is some hangup in the slide going all the way forward. And it's more pronounced with a lightened spring, must be the sear mechanism? of the Timney?

If I got some time later when my kids are watching TV after dinner I"ll make a quick video and post it so others know what we are referring too.

I’m gonna say it’s because the sear keeps the striker in the cocked position early so there is more striker spring tension on the recoil spring sooner.

Well I’m dumb and didnt pay attention and ordered a flat wire spring. I have a larger diameter jentra tungsten guide rod so the flat spring wont fit. 

Edited by tt350z

4 minutes ago, tt350z said:

I’m gonna say it’s because the sear keeps the striker in the cocked position early so there is more striker spring tension on the recoil spring sooner.

Well I’m dumb and didnt pay attention and ordered a flat wire spring. I have a larger diameter jentra tungsten guide rod so the flat spring wont fit. 

OH wait! Jentra tungsten guide rods work for the gen 5? I didn't realize they had an adapter out for the gen 5...

46 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

OH wait! Jentra tungsten guide rods work for the gen 5? I didn't realize they had an adapter out for the gen 5...

i have a Zev OZ9, so gen 3 slide

Arent gen 5 guide rods the same diameter as a gen 4? If so could just use a gen 4 to 3 adapter.

Edited by tt350z

Another update. I was getting a little less than 3 lb pull with the dot connector, 4.5 lb striker spring, and a 11 lb recoil spring in my 34.5. I went back to the minus connector and dropped to 2.5 lb. with a really nice strong reset. This combo is what I think I’ll be using going forward.

3 hours ago, rooster said:

Another update. I was getting a little less than 3 lb pull with the dot connector, 4.5 lb striker spring, and a 11 lb recoil spring in my 34.5. I went back to the minus connector and dropped to 2.5 lb. with a really nice strong reset. This combo is what I think I’ll be using going forward.

Oh sweet! Thx for posting this info up... I was kind of considering going this route with the minus connector once I learned the difference between all the connectors.