Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

14 hours ago, cferree said:

The pull weights I posted above are with a Glock "-" connector and a factory striker spring.  I initially tried it with a TTI 3 lbs. spring.  I didn't get any numbers with the gauge.  I then switch to a factory spring and it felt just as good.  It might be a couple of ounces heavier, put I couldn't tell the difference.

That is because what they are calling a 3# spring is actually a 5# spring.  The lightest FPS that should be used for a Glock to function should be 4# and it may not work on some ammunition with hard primers. I do not go below 4.5#  FPS on my range pistols.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JBP55 said:

That is because what they are calling a 3# spring is actually a 5# spring.  The lightest FPS that should be used for a Glock to function should be 4# and it may not work on some ammunition with hard primers. I do not go below 4.5#  FPS on my range pistols.

I generally use what's labeled a "competition" striker spring (4#) with my Glocks, which is why I only use Federal primers with them.  With the Timney I'll try heavier (standard) springs and see if I can tell the difference.

42 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I generally use what's labeled a "competition" striker spring (4#) with my Glocks, which is why I only use Federal primers with them.  With the Timney I'll try heavier (standard) springs and see if I can tell the difference.

Do you use a standard recoil spring ?

5 hours ago, 3gunDMD said:

Do you use a standard recoil spring ?

I normally use a 13# recoil spring for my competition loads (130 power factor) with my G34.  For pistols it's generally a 147 grain bullet with N320 powder.  I did addition testing with my G34 and I was getting best results with an 11# recoil spring and a 115 grain bullet.  The slide just seems to cycle better, and the sights return to the original point of aim.  Let's me fire faster and more accurately, but it may be specific to this gun.  As always, YMMV.  It's best to experiment with different springs, bullets, and amounts of powder.

The other 9mm pistols (a 1911 and 2011) will still be fed the original load with 147 grain heads.

As they say, the saga continues...

Edited by LowSpeedHighDrag

2 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I normally use a 13# recoil spring for my competition loads (130 power factor) with my G34.  For pistols it's generally a 147 grain bullet with N320 powder.  I did addition testing with my G34 and I was getting best results with an 11# recoil spring and a 115 grain bullet.  The slide just seems to cycle better, and the sights return to the original point of aim.  Let's me fire faster and more accurately, but it may be specific to this gun.  As always, YMMV.  It's best to experiment with different springs, bullets, and amounts of powder.

The other 9mm pistols (a 1911 and 2011) will still be fed the original load with 147 grain heads.

As they say, the saga continues...

I wonder if you'd have any issues with the slide staying in battery using the stock striker spring and a 13# recoil spring.   I primarily shoot 2011's now but am thinking about using the glocks again for fun, but I've gotten so used to the slide cycling nicely it made me wonder about experimenting with recoil springs to make the glocks shoot a little smoother.  

Edited by 3gunDMD

53 minutes ago, 3gunDMD said:

I wonder if you'd have any issues with the slide staying in battery using the stock striker spring and a 13# recoil spring.   I primarily shoot 2011's now but am thinking about using the glocks again for fun, but I've gotten so used to the slide cycling nicely it made me wonder about experimenting with recoil springs to make the glocks shoot a little smoother.  

I hadn't thought about the striker spring as part of the recoil system, but you're right, it would retard the slide going back, and partially going forward with a standard Glock trigger.  With the Timney, it would slow the slide more going back and not at all going forward.

Best bet is to experiment and see what works best for your gun and load.

21 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I hadn't thought about the striker spring as part of the recoil system, but you're right, it would retard the slide going back, and partially going forward with a standard Glock trigger.  With the Timney, it would slow the slide more going back and not at all going forward.

Best bet is to experiment and see what works best for your gun and load.

I dont think the striker spring has much at all to do with the recoil impulse on a standard glock trigger. It should slow the slide down some going forward on the timney. 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:21 PM, tt350z said:

Ordered directly from Timney the afternoon of Thursday, Jan 21. Delivered Tuesday, Jan 26.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:27 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

My latest order was delayed about 5 business days because of the cold snap in the area.  Normally it's delivered very quickly.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:55 PM, HCH said:

Timney had mine shipped same day. 

FedEx decided to hold it ransom for a week. 

On 2/26/2021 at 10:02 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Yes, mine was also a FedEx issue, not a Timney one.

Timney website says mine was ordered 2/26/21 and is "Awaiting Fulfillment".

BC

Pretty sure you guys just cost me more money....

After dealing with stock glock triggers the past few years I finally bought some connectors and springs to play with and then I see the Alpha. Going to at least buy it for my Gen 5 34 CO gun and leave the other stuff in the parts bin for now.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:06 AM, BillChunn said:

Timney website says mine was ordered 2/26/21 and is "Awaiting Fulfillment".

BC

Just received e-mail answer to "when is my order going to be shipped?"

We are fulfilling our inventory, we should be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks. 

BC

10 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Impatiently waiting for a large frame version to be released (have a .45 and 10mm that need upgrades)

Off subject but to me the stock triggers on large frame Glocks feel better than the small frames.  🤷‍♂️ Could just be the larger grip I guess. 

A G41 with an awesome trigger would rock!!