Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So quick review. Took my stock 34.5 from a 10 pull avg trigger pull weight from 4 lbs 6.9 oz to 3 lbs 2.8 oz with stock dot connector.

Stock pull had 0.345" of pretravel and 0.198" of overtravel. With Timney it is now 0.178" and 0.13". 

Coming from someone who ran stock glocks forever, I really like the new trigger.  It has a light take up and a relatively short and somewhat crisp break. I haven't played around before with glock triggers much so I'll leave it up to others to comment but it took me all of 5 minutes to install.

Just got mine installed in about 10 min (I’m new to glocks so I’m a bit slow with them)... New from the FFL unfired G17 gen 5, my oem trigger btw is actually quite good. Very solid wall without much mushy creep like my oem gen 5 G34 (yes I know it’s the same lower).... but I’m telling u its way better and both were brand new when I did the videos.

anyways the timney is awesome I made a quick video. My pull weights were 50% reduced (see video for numbers for oem and timney).

4 hours ago, 3gunDMD said:

with the 4# striker spring?

Could not use the 13lb recoil spring with the 4lb striker spring in the old set up. Slide would not go into battery. With the 4.5lb spring it was fine.

Got mine today for gen 5.

Felt good in dry-fire. Super weak reset - but it's way better than stock for dry-fire just because it has trigger return spring.

Went to live-fire - 10 out 17 rounds Failure-to-Fire, with extremely light impact marks on primer. Attempts to re-fire using Timney trigger were 80-90% same result - no bang.

Re-fire with stock trigger - 100% reliable.

I thought that it's cause striker drags on the trigger bar, but apparently installation instructions have the same marks on top of the trigger bar.

It's possible that sear isn't rear enough and cocks striker 1/4-1/8" less than OEM trigger.

No idea, but it doesn't work for me. Emailed Timney - will see what they respond with.

Striker and Striker spring were OEM. Ammo: freedom munitions 115 reloads, had 2 failure-to-fire out of 200 rounds that went off when recocked. Maybe they put rifle primers in, dunno - Timney still had 58% failure rate compred to 1% stock

Edited by Stepan
gen 5

Here’s a quirk, I cleaned and inspected gun this morning and upon function checking trigger would not reset if letting out slowly. I’m sure in normal firing it would be fine. Just in case I ordered the spring from McMaster-Carr. It ran perfect last night with about 100 rnds on it at a uspsa match.

31 minutes ago, rooster said:

Here’s a quirk, I cleaned and inspected gun this morning and upon function checking trigger would not reset if letting out slowly. I’m sure in normal firing it would be fine. Just in case I ordered the spring from McMaster-Carr. It ran perfect last night with about 100 rnds on it at a uspsa match.

Have you tried this? My trigger hasnt gotten so much smoother just dry firing. My trigger is as responsive as ever, I couldnt imagine wanting a stiffer trigger spring 

My Gen 3-4 arrived today.  Followed Shane Coley's installation video and it took a bit of playing with the placement of the return and slide lock springs to get it into the G34.  When taking the slide back off, you only need a very small amount of rearward movement to get it to release.  Move it too far back and the slide won't come off.

Very happy with the results.

BC

Timney.jpg

Edited by BillChunn

6 hours ago, BillChunn said:

My Gen 3-4 arrived today.  Followed Shane Coley's installation video and it took a bit of playing with the placement of the return and slide lock springs to get it into the G34.  When taking the slide back off, you only need a very small amount of rearward movement to get it to release.  Move it too far back and the slide won't come off.

Very happy with the results.

BC

Timney.jpg

Whoa!! 1lb 6.6? Nice! You must be ecstatic.... I noticed on the vids of the gen3/4 versions vs. the gen5, the gen 3/4 versions there is no discernible creep before the break. On my gen5 there is a most definitive creepy rolling break. It's not horrible... but was expecting what I saw on YouTube videos of the gen3/4 I guess... 

7 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

Whoa!! 1lb 6.6? Nice! You must be ecstatic.... I noticed on the vids of the gen3/4 versions vs. the gen5, the gen 3/4 versions there is no discernible creep before the break. On my gen5 there is a most definitive creepy rolling break. It's not horrible... but was expecting what I saw on YouTube videos of the gen3/4 I guess... 

What connector? The dot connector has virtually no creep. The minus has a small amount, on my gun at least.

14 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

My creep is about 1/16th of an inch, I can get actual length later but it is better. I'll likely end up getting another set for my gen 4 17 at some point as well.

Under 2 lbs is pretty good for an all stock glock but I'm not sure I would even see much of a difference in a match.

11 minutes ago, tt350z said:

What connector? The dot connector has virtually no creep. The minus has a small amount, on my gun at least.

I'm using the OEM G5 G17 connector with the Timney. What's the dot and minus? I'm new to Glocks excuse my ignorance.

45 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

I'm using the OEM G5 G17 connector with the Timney. What's the dot and minus? I'm new to Glocks excuse my ignorance.

if you look at the connector with the slide off, it will have a marking. Most common are blank, dot, or minus. 

Edited by tt350z

6 hours ago, tt350z said:

if you look at the connector with the slide off, it will have a marking. Most common are blank, dot, or minus. 

Glock connectors

BC

connectors.jpg

Edited by BillChunn
added pic

2.5 lbs on my brand new crazy tight G45 MOS with stock striker spring and Glock minus connector. 
 Reset was sluggish but I played around bending the connector so not as much pressure against the trigger bar and lightly dusted the side of the trigger bar that contacts the frame with some 2000 grit. Made a huge difference in my reset. 
 Since this is a competition gun only I may tweak the connector a little more. See what point the trigger bar jumps the connector.  

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I'm jealous of you guys. My pistol is apart on the bench but the trigger is stuck in some fedex vortex where 2 day shipping equals at least 6 days.

My 2 day shipping took 2 weeks to get here🤣

Update, it looks like the connectors have something to do with the reset. I put back in the dot and trigger resets more positive and no more not resetting if let out slowly. Also with the dot the wall and break are better. I thought they were about the same. But after dry firing and doing a little more concentrating on the pull the dot is what I’m going with from here on out.