Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Quite a few rounds into the new JP-5 and everyone that has shot it has been pretty shocked. The rifle takes 9mm to well tuned gas gun levels of recoil. I'm very, very excited for this PCC season 😈😈

Video

Does it have an ambi/lefty friendly magazine catch button?  If not, it's a huge fail in my eyes

Bring 9 mm to the level of a well tune gas gun validates the MPX design. Of course the MPX is fully ambidextrous and has a user friendly mag release. Odin make a wonderful left and right extended mag release. 

Edited by jnr88
1 hour ago, jnr88 said:

Bring 9 mm to the level of a well tune gas gun validates the MPX design. Of course the MPX is fully ambidextrous and has a user friendly mag release. Odin make a wonderful left and right extended mag release. 

Which is exactly why I run a MPX 😁

1 minute ago, Darqusoull13 said:

The lower is fully ambi so fear not. 

This plus the inherent lack of needed maintenance to keep an MPX running (I’ve owned three and know what they take) is attractive. 

Normal hygiene and an MPX runs as reliably as anything else. Some shooters seem prone to reliability issues whether it’s a 1911 , open gun or MPX. My gen 2 hs been faultless.

5 minutes ago, jnr88 said:

Normal hygiene and an MPX runs as reliably as anything else. Some shooters seem prone to reliability issues whether it’s a 1911 , open gun or MPX. My gen 2 hs been faultless.

Awesome. Glad you are still shooting Jim. Hope all is well 

21 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

The lower is fully ambi so fear not. 

Really?!?! I didn’t see a lefty mag button but I could be wrong. I don’t care about ejection in front of my face..

hmmmmm, any pictures? 

Edited by Bdh821
On 5/4/2021 at 10:25 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Quite a few rounds into the new JP-5 and everyone that has shot it has been pretty shocked. The rifle takes 9mm to well tuned gas gun levels of recoil. I'm very, very excited for this PCC season 😈😈

Video

How are your splits with the JP-5 compared to the GMR-15?

2 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

How are your splits with the JP-5 compared to the GMR-15?

Actually I talked about this with Josh on a video coming out soon. This fundamentally changed how we shoot far targets. Previously you could get away with ~10-15 yards smashing 2 shots on 1 sight picture for 2 Alpha 100% of the time depending on the target. Now it just doesn't matter outside of something like a head box at 25 yards. I'm just smashing the trigger as fast as possible once the dot is where I want it. The JP-5 recoils more like a well tuned 223 than a blowback 9mm. If you're familiar with 223 sight pictures on bay style targets this is what I'm doing with the JP-5. 2 Gun Nationals and even more so PCC Nationals will be very interesting this year. 

@Bdh821 you can check out the BULLETin pictures for details. 

On 2/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, Neomet said:

Sorry, I was just having a play on words there. I have seen Cs and GMs having ridiculous amounts of fun, and I have seen Cs and GMs as serious as if they were deciding which of their children to put the oxygen mask on. No offense intended to anyone. 🙂  

Your apology does not cut.  You are temporary suspended from TNS for three weeks for being not only funny but truthful.  I suspect you have witness- that was no mike, I nicked the edge —-see.  🤣🤣😳😎

39 minutes ago, Jerome Poiret said:

Do you happen to know if there will be a side-charging version, like on the other JPs ? 

Thank you.

This is what I want to know. It kills me that they left the s#!tty rear AR style charging handle on this thing despite already having side charging upper receivers available on some of their blowback ARs. Same problem with the MPX. Would be so much better with a non-reciprocating sidecharger.

FWIW, Angstadt Arms showed off a roller delayed MP5/AR9 hybrid PCC about 2 years ago at SHOT Show, but they still haven't made it into production. It's called the MDP-9. It's more self-defense/suppressor host focused rather than gamer gun focused, but supposed to work with standard AR9 lower receivers, like the Quarter Circle 10. Also, it has a non-reciprocating sidecharger, and they eliminated the buffer tube. Something like that would be the most ideal setup, IMO.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

CMMG does a delayed roller blow back and the 1 example I saw was a continuous jam machine.   

The few things I do know, a side charge handle isn't what will make you shoot in the center of cardboard or hit that steel at 25 yards...  It also wont make you move any faster...  or make you GM

All that being said, I'd be very interesting in trying out the JP-5 now that I know it has a lefty mag button.  I think JP needs a lefty on their team 😁

Edited by Bdh821
Just now, WxGuy said:

What does this new JP weigh?

bout ten fiddy.....I think it is heavier but can't recall if Josh told me that or someone else. Then again I could be wrong

6 minutes ago, WxGuy said:

Wow, 10.5.  Better start eating your Wheaties and supplements!  Thanks for the info.

It was a poorly timed/worded joke. I think it is heavier than the GMR15 but some one else will most likely chime in.

2 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

The few things I do know, a side charge handle isn't what will make you shoot in the center of cardboard or hit that steel at 25 yards...  It also wont make you move any faster...  or make you GM

But it (a side charging upper) won't make you move any slower, and won't prevent you from shooting in the center of the target.

Point is, if you're redesigning the gun completely, going clean slate with new proprietary parts,, why not get rid of the (relative to a side charging handle) ergonomically awful rear charging handle? And the buffer tube? And make the side charging handle switchable to accommodate left handed shooters. Even do it with the charging handle on the handguard like FM? There's no downside to a side charging gun vs. the AR style rear charging.

Edited by robertg5322
2 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

But it (a side charging upper) won't make you move any slower, and won't prevent you from shooting in the center of the target.

Point is, if you're redesigning the gun completely, going clean slate with new proprietary parts,, why not get rid of the (relative to a side charging handle) ergonomically awful rear charging handle? And the buffer tube? And make the side charging handle switchable to accommodate left handed shooters. Even do it with the charging handle on the handguard like FM? There's no downside to a side charging gun vs. the AR style rear charging.

Exactly. The rear charger is the only thing really wrong with AR15 ergonomics. The side charger is just better, and it also allows a gun to be more versatile in some ways, because not having gas leak out of the rear makes a gun a better suppressor host, and eliminating the buffer tube makes the gun more compact. So, it allows for a wider variety of usage/applications outside of gaming.