Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC?

15 minutes ago, ard212 said:

I have found that there's a certain level of group mentally among the IPSC community, at least in my country, everyone uses what the rest uses, nobody tries to improve on their gear by trying new brands or accesories.

A bit different here, you see JP GMR rifles, Sig MPX, and a bunch of others ranging from home-built units to Foxtrot Mike and other complete guns. And for a while there was the Brekke barrel craze, not sure if that died down

JP is a bit pricey, but you get their reputation for reliability. Same with Sig. but they give you the reputation for being soft shooting. JP is heavy, Sig is finicky. 

Ultimately it's the shooter, not the arrow that wins the match, almost always with a reliable gun. That said, who among us doesn't want cool, new gear?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

If this is true, what's the big deal about the JP5, or RDB in general?

Which brings up the next question; Anybody shot the JP5 alongside the MPX? Impressions...

Yeah, I have but you wont believe me until you shoot it. Brian at Hunters HD has one as well if you are going to any of the matches he's at. 

6 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Yeah, I have but you wont believe me until you shoot it. Brian at Hunters HD has one as well if you are going to any of the matches he's at. 

Then I have to believe the JP5 is softer... That would be amazing! 

On 6/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Big question I have is:  Can you confirm that it is a proprietary upper+lower system and not compatible with gmr15 lowers?

So, is less recoil the real driver for this, or is just to have the latest fancy toy?  I have a GMR-15 that I built from a JP upper/lower set, bolt, etc. and the rest my combination of parts.  It runs 100% and recoil is nonexistent.  I just don't see how anyone without some type of physical impairment would have a problem with recoil from a pcc shooting minor power factor ammo.  So, I'm guessing it's the latter.

12 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

So, is less recoil the real driver for this, or is just to have the latest fancy toy?  I have a GMR-15 that I built from a JP upper/lower set, bolt, etc. and the rest my combination of parts.  It runs 100% and recoil is nonexistent.  I just don't see how anyone without some type of physical impairment would have a problem with recoil from a pcc shooting minor power factor ammo.  So, I'm guessing it's the latter.

Everyone that's shot a GMR side by side with the JP-5 with any ammo, theirs or mine, has immediately understood. It's lower recoil and substantially less. With the JP-5 you keep that 100% reliability.

A bunch of shooters have historically run gas operated PCC's because they like the lighter recoil impulse than blowback systems. The trade off has been significantly increased cleaning times, parts replacements and limited load selection for operation. You don't have to make those trade offs with the roller to have lighter recoil anymore. 

This might not be everyone's cup of tea. That's totally fine. The GMR is a proven, reliable and solid platform. I ordered a 2nd JP-5 😉

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Everyone that's shot a GMR side by side with the JP-5 with any ammo, theirs or mine, has immediately understood. It's lower recoil and substantially less. With the JP-5 you keep that 100% reliability.

A bunch of shooters have historically run gas operated PCC's because they like the lighter recoil impulse than blowback systems. The trade off has been significantly increased cleaning times, parts replacements and limited load selection for operation. You don't have to make those trade offs with the roller to have lighter recoil anymore. 

This might not be everyone's cup of tea. That's totally fine. The GMR is a proven, reliable and solid platform. I ordered a 2nd JP-5 😉

Don't care so much about recoil but more about sight recovery. And indeed an MPX is hell to clean 🙂

Just now, Ccampo1129 said:

Pcc is that much more fun...... that reason alone!

2 minutes ago, robertg5322 said:

Yeah, but then you don't get to shoot a rifle in a pistol match...

Its awesome listening to the pistol shooters complain

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thought you would like to see my video on the JP5.  We shoot it of course, but also take it down and show off the new stuff.  I think I am the first to go into detail, hope it helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

On 6/17/2021 at 9:52 PM, ltdmstr said:

Blowback 9mm AR PCCs have more recoil/muzzle rise than a tuned .223 AR15. That's just a fact. People want the PCC platform to have as little dot movement as on a well tuned 3-gun style AR15. It's not about it being "a problem" as much as wanting the optimum setup.

The reality is that the GMR-15 does have recoil/muzzle rise/dot movement. It's not non-existant. It's a good off the shelf, reliable option, but it's not the pinnacle of PCCs. This is why there are other people out there building their own highly tuned frakenstein AR guns, using Blitzkrieg/Kynshot buffers, using the Sig MPX, experimenting with different barrel lengths & compensators, etc...