Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this rate, you could just get a MPX as they shoot softer than like 95% of all the other PCCs I've used.  But at the end of the day, this stuff wont help you get to GM.  You just gotta go fast and shoot A's.  It's that simple...

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

🙂 s#!t you're right still I want one!! If it's as soft as an MP5 + reliable (??) then they have gold

Keep in mind, Sig designed the MPX based on the MP5 so JPX is appropriate as mentioned in one of the posts above 😃

52 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

At this rate, you could just get a MPX as they shoot softer than like 95% of all the other PCCs I've used.  But at the end of the day, this stuff wont help you get to GM.  You just gotta go fast and shoot A's.  It's that simple...

I will bet JP doesn't require 3 generations to get it reliable. There is a high probability they will hit the mark out of the gate and it will be well supported.  

Edited by bwikel
6 minutes ago, bwikel said:

I will bet JP doesn't require 3 generations to get it reliable. There is a high probability they will hit the mark out of the gate and it will be well supported.  

Yep. Nailed it 

1 hour ago, bwikel said:

Don't forget the mid generation fixes/modifications that they don't tell anyone about...  maybe JP will make it a complete ambi gun from the factory (mag button specifically).  Let's be honest, they wont.  Sucks to be a south paw.

I’ll be very interested to see comparisons of this Roller Delayed vs the MPX Gas Piston.

I may be the minority but I also wished they changed from Glock mags to something like a Scorpion mag to get a double stack / double feed magazine, which makes far more sense in a PCC. Glock mags have to be angled at an awkward angle to work in a rifle and have inherent reliability concerns over a good double stack / double feed magazine.

6 minutes ago, SAR421 said:

I’ll be very interested to see comparisons of this Roller Delayed vs the MPX Gas Piston.

I may be the minority but I also wished they changed from Glock mags to something like a Scorpion mag to get a double stack / double feed magazine, which makes far more sense in a PCC. Glock mags have to be angled at an awkward angle to work in a rifle and have inherent reliability concerns over a good double stack / double feed magazine.

I’ve had good luck with Endomags in a standard AR15 lower, although they don’t seem to like working with a short-stroked system.

10 minutes ago, SAR421 said:

I agree with you 100%. In the video it looks like Josh still has Glock mags though. Perhaps they will change this by the time it is released. 

I know the new JP design will be less maintenance heavy compared to an MPX.

8 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I agree with you 100%. In the video it looks like Josh still has Glock mags though. Perhaps they will change this by the time it is released. 

I know the new JP design will be less maintenance heavy compared to an MPX.

Yeah, it looks like it’s still Glock mag based from the ad as well. Maybe they’ll offer versions in both, although I’d imagine that would require changes to the bolt and lower to accommodate the change.

Outside of just reliability, the reload angle is always weird on pistol mag based PCC’s. Purpose built PCC mags are the way to go, Scorpion mags are reliable and cheap. Seems the obvious option. The need to use the same mags for pistol and rifle I think is drastically over prioritized.

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

This is almost as bad as saying the DWX is out at stores.

Just figured I'd give folks some hands on time so they can figure out if it's worth it for them. 

Oddly I'm expecting a pretty high success ratio with this strategy based on prior data 🤣🤣

18 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

Yeah, why sell a relatively inexpensive upgrade when you can sell a complete new rifle.  

Ok, to be fair that wouldn’t be technologically that feasible. For a roller delay system the upper receiver would need to have appropriate features to interact with the rollers. So at minimum you’d need a new or modified upper receiver and the completely new bolt/carrier. Usually roller delayed systems have a fluted chamber to deal with high extraction pressure as well which is at another modified component.

The only technically plausible solution they might offer is to be able to buy a completed upper that would work with your existing lower. Not sure if they’re compatible but it would be possible.

4 hours ago, SAR421 said:

Ok, to be fair that wouldn’t be technologically that feasible. For a roller delay system the upper receiver would need to have appropriate features to interact with the rollers. So at minimum you’d need a new or modified upper receiver and the completely new bolt/carrier. Usually roller delayed systems have a fluted chamber to deal with high extraction pressure as well which is at another modified component.

The only technically plausible solution they might offer is to be able to buy a completed upper that would work with your existing lower. Not sure if they’re compatible but it would be possible.

Of course.  I didn't expect the "upgrade kit" would be just a few simple pieces but, as you noted, perhaps just a revised upper receiver.  Cheaper than an entire new gun.