Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC?

I'd love to try the JP-5 to compare to my MPX.  Especially since it's lefty friendly.  Considering it's price point, it's on par for what I paid for my 2nd MPX after doing the minor modifications to it.  Granted I paid Covid pricing on my 2nd MPX...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's expensive but looking at the current commodity pricing in Europe (and World) inflation is here. Then it is not so bad. In Europe you can do the US price times 2 by the way.... and we have to wait one more year most probably. Still they will sell shiploads since it is the new toy to have. And we like toys. I do 🙂 and will buy with confidence when available in Europe!

Edited by Fasthenk65

I had a couple of friends pre-order as soon as the email hit their inbox. I put in a pre-order for my 2nd. 

If you're on the fence I know Brian at Hunters HD has one at his travelling van of things to lure in unsuspecting shooters. Kind of a bring your own ammo and make bad choices deal but at least you will leave smiling 😎

Ugh...I just caved and put in an order. Hopefully I can get a second upper sometime later that will let me play with the suppressor and a short barrel...

I just wish I had made this decision over the weekend to be higher in the queue. 

Edited by TotDoc
10 hours ago, ard212 said:

I don't get it, for that price, why not just get an MPX, and a few magazines, and a red dot, and a reloading press ?

Is it that much better than an MPX ?

We all hope so 🙂 nobody knows at this stage... Let's see. 

4 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

We all hope so 🙂 nobody knows at this stage... Let's see. 

It is😇

22 hours ago, TotDoc said:

Ugh...I just caved and put in an order. Hopefully I can get a second upper sometime later that will let me play with the suppressor and a short barrel...

I just wish I had made this decision over the weekend to be higher in the queue. 

I'm in that boat too in a sense. I really want to do an Ultralight aluminum shroud but I'm probably going 10.5" "Pistol" as the 2nd rig and doing a comp for matches with my Omega 9K for where this rifle will really put a smile on my face...night shooting! 

On 6/8/2021 at 7:06 PM, ard212 said:

Is it that much better than an MPX ?

No. But it has all the hype.

A couple of years ago, the MPX was still well ahead of the AR platform, but with all the advancements and added knowledge over the years, the current top of the line AR based carbines are pretty much on par with the MPX in terms of soft shooting.

The JP5 might take away the time needed testing and playing around with parts to get a soft shooting AR running well, but the midpackers that think its going to catapult them to the top are going to be disappointed :)

If you have the money to spend though, why not? Still a lot cheaper than an Open gun.

If you dont mind waiting a bit, I assume that there will be other manufacturers coming out with this too, at a much lower price.

There's also the Scheel roller delayed buffer available, if you wanna play around with something now.

19 minutes ago, gose said:

A couple of years ago, the MPX was still well ahead of the AR platform, but with all the advancements and added knowledge over the years, the current top of the line AR based carbines are pretty much on par with the MPX in terms of soft shooting.

The JP5 might take away the time needed testing and playing around with parts to get a soft shooting AR running well, but the midpackers that think its going to catapult them to the top are going to be disappointed :)

If you have the money to spend though, why not? Still a lot cheaper than an Open gun.

If you dont mind waiting a bit, I assume that there will be other manufacturers coming out with this too, at a much lower price.

There's also the Scheel roller delayed buffer available, if you wanna play around with something now.

Wondering what the wear is going to look like on the buffer tube holes where the RDB buffer rollers interact with them. 

17 minutes ago, robertg5322 said:

Wondering what the wear is going to look like on the buffer tube holes where the RDB buffer rollers interact with them. 

They claim they have tested 10k rounds without much wear or issue. Even if you have to replace a $20 tube every 10k rounds, that doesnt seem too bad.

1 hour ago, gose said:

They claim they have tested 10k rounds without much wear or issue. Even if you have to replace a $20 tube every 10k rounds, that doesnt seem too bad.

Good point about replacing a $20.00 tube not being a big deal.

1. I didn't ask if I could say anything as it isn't my gun. 2. As it is pre-production and not truly representative of how one will come new it doesn't seem fair to write a ton, good or bad.

But I will say some things, as someone who has owned a dedicated colt mag CMMG and Rock River, a Scorpion, a MPX and a GMR15 and shot all of those in some competition or another over the years. (PCC M in steel challenge and 9th overall idpa pcc nationals for highlights)

If feels like a JP. Unless you are very familiar with HK guns and how this was adapted you won't notice the differences on the exterior. It does have a different feel than my GMR15, and I spent a fair bit of time with springs and weights getting it, my 15, to feel and track exactly how I wanted. This was very close to that instantly as it was, and I was shooting the unpopular PCC load of a 147 through it.

Prices on consumer goods is rising. Availability is tightening. If you have the scratch, like what makes a JP a JP, and want this gun you should order it.

32 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

1. I didn't ask if I could say anything as it isn't my gun. 2. As it is pre-production and not truly representative of how one will come new it doesn't seem fair to write a ton, good or bad.

But I will say some things, as someone who has owned a dedicated colt mag CMMG and Rock River, a Scorpion, a MPX and a GMR15 and shot all of those in some competition or another over the years. (PCC M in steel challenge and 9th overall idpa pcc nationals for highlights)

If feels like a JP. Unless you are very familiar with HK guns and how this was adapted you won't notice the differences on the exterior. It does have a different feel than my GMR15, and I spent a fair bit of time with springs and weights getting it, my 15, to feel and track exactly how I wanted. This was very close to that instantly as it was, and I was shooting the unpopular PCC load of a 147 through it.

Prices on consumer goods is rising. Availability is tightening. If you have the scratch, like what makes a JP a JP, and want this gun you should order it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Different than your JP in what way, less dot movement, less felt recoil, different recoil impulse?

Not being a dick, just wanting to know if these things are going to make blowback guns obsolete, and how they compare to the MPX.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Bob

What is the feel when initially pulling the bolt back with the charging handle?  I tried the Taccom magnetic delayed buffer and really did not like how hard it was to rack the bolt back with the charging handle.  It felt pretty good shooting it, but having to really jerk the charging handle to open a closed bolt sucked.

I wonder if the Scheel buffer will feel like the Taccom?

Nolan

On 6/12/2021 at 2:23 AM, rowdyb said:

Tnx Rowdy! Eagerly awaiting real reviews!

I got the email from SC about the preorder

My first thought was that expensive considering I'd probably want to replace the stock, grip, trigger, forearm, add a new optic and laser beam etc. Very close to open money with a quick I want to upgrade list...

4 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

I got the email from SC about the preorder

My first thought was that expensive considering I'd probably want to replace the stock, grip, trigger, forearm, add a new optic and laser beam etc. Very close to open money with a quick I want to upgrade list...

I do wish JP gave you a "no furniture" option as I also immediately change out the stock, grip and fore end. These are the places I interact with the gun and I want them my way, not their way.

Edited by rowdyb
On 6/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, gose said:

Seriously doubt is as soft as the MPX, also, I have the 8 inch version, with the foldable/telescopic stock, having the ability to go to the range with just my laptop's backpack is priceless.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:20 AM, rowdyb said:

I do wish JP gave you a "no furniture" option

Has anyone ever asked JP if they could ship them the furniture of their liking ahead of time when building the rifle?  I did this by providing Triarc a gas block of my choice.  They installed the Gas block I shipped no questions asked.  JP may say no, but you never know till you ask.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:23 PM, rowdyb said:

No worries broski. If you want to shoot it next week at the match you're more than welcome.

I swapped in some of the production parts and played tug of war. Won't go into specifics there but let's just say I won and he wasn't left holding anything 🤣

16 hours ago, ard212 said:

Seriously doubt is as soft as the MPX, also, I have the 8 inch version, with the foldable/telescopic stock, having the ability to go to the range with just my laptop's backpack is priceless.

If this is true, what's the big deal about the JP5, or RDB in general?

Which brings up the next question; Anybody shot the JP5 alongside the MPX? Impressions...

1 hour ago, robertg5322 said:

If this is true, what's the big deal about the JP5, or RDB in general?

Which brings up the next question; Anybody shot the JP5 alongside the MPX? Impressions...

I have found that there's a certain level of group mentally among the IPSC community, at least in my country, everyone uses what the rest uses, nobody tries to improve on their gear by trying new brands or accesories.