Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC?

36 minutes ago, egd5 said:

OK, dummy here. What is a roller delay system and why is it better I assume?

Its what HK and clones of HK use. Instead of straight blow back it takes some of that pressure to unlock the system which makes it recoil softer. IMO PCC guns with least recoil are MPX then HK MP5 then blow back 9mm then CZ scorpion. I have shot the CMMG banshee but it was the little braced 4" pistol and so light it was hard to tell if its radial delay blow back system sucks up recoil like the MP5

In short if you don't have one you need it! LOL

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

Its what HK and clones of HK use. Instead of straight blow back it takes some of that pressure to unlock the system which makes it recoil softer. IMO PCC guns with least recoil are MPX then HK MP5 then blow back 9mm then CZ scorpion. I have shot the CMMG banshee but it was the little braced 4" pistol and so light it was hard to tell if its radial delay blow back system sucks up recoil like the MP5

In short if you don't have one you need it! LOL

Great video. He is a pretty informative guy and I enjoy all of his videos. 

Thanks, that was a good video.

While watching I was thinking, humm, that might be nice. Then he said it was a dirtier system. That leaves me out. I hate cleaning my gun as is. I don't need something that will need me to clean it more often.🙂

On 1/5/2021 at 12:33 PM, Darqusoull13 said:

Y'all are going to love it. Let me know if anyone wants to shoot this at a match soon :)

Hey, I see your profile says you’re in Texas. Any upcoming matches close to OKC you’re planning to go to? I currently just shoot Carry Optics occasionally but looking to add a PCC. I was going to go MPX, but a roller delayed JP certainly sounds like a winner and I’d definitely like to give it a try.

7 minutes ago, egd5 said:

While watching I was thinking, humm, that might be nice. Then he said it was a dirtier system. That leaves me out. I hate cleaning my gun as is. I don't need something that will need me to clean it more often.🙂

Here’s another additional video on the system which clearly shows how it functions with diagrams.

In a practical sense a direct blowback (most SMG’s) relies entirely on bolt mass and spring force to stay closed long enough which results in heavy cyclical mass moving at high velocity resulting in more recoil.

A delayed system (mp5) takes advantage of some method of mechanical advantage to slow the opening with lower bolt mass and spring force with lower cycling velocity resulting in lower recoil.

9 hours ago, egd5 said:

I think the comment about the system being dirty was more along the lines of a AR or AK DI or Piston systems. I think all the 9mm carbines are dirty. Maybe with he MPX being the worst as the gas system does shoot some gas around the pistol back at the top of the bolt carrier. Truth is any gun shot suppressed is going to get more carbon and fouling back into the action. Even good ARs suppressed. Shoot half a mag and pull it out you will notice how dirty all the fresh rounds in the mag are

On 1/6/2021 at 10:46 PM, SAR421 said:

Hey, I see your profile says you’re in Texas. Any upcoming matches close to OKC you’re planning to go to? I currently just shoot Carry Optics occasionally but looking to add a PCC. I was going to go MPX, but a roller delayed JP certainly sounds like a winner and I’d definitely like to give it a try.

Maybe but a lot of stars would have to align. 

I'm involved in hosting 5 matches a month locally in one way or another. Hard to justify a 7 hour trip to the range over 20 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Maybe but a lot of stars would have to align. 

I'm involved in hosting 5 matches a month locally in one way or another. Hard to justify a 7 hour trip to the range over 20 minutes. 

Yeah, that’s understandable. What range are you hosting matches at? My family has a ranch in Fairfield, southeast of Dallas, I’m usually down that way about once a month.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn’t really new to JP. Mean Arms released a roller delayed at SHOT 2020. From a reliable source it will be available soon and work with the endomag platform initially and others to follow. 
they also released a symmetrical ambi lower at the same SHOT. 

3 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

In the new JP bulletin they hope to start producing Q3.... I think we do not see them until 2022. And in Europe 2023...

Agreed. Especially with the way they worded it that 2021 is looking to be nearly the same as 2020. 

Just browsed the web page, am I correct that small frame billet AR are around $2,399? They referenced that price point. 

Another note, since this is not replacing the GMR it seems they are implying that this will not be offered as a retro kit for the GMR. I think it’s fairly safe that this is true. What do you think?

Edited by Posvar