Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

Another note, since this is not replacing the GMR it seems they are implying that this will not be offered as a retro kit for the GMR. I think it’s fairly safe that this is true. What do you think?

The lower they had pictured is not a standard glock mag receiver. So if the lower is proprietary, and the upper definitely is, there won't be any way to retrofit it into existing guns.

2 hours ago, egd5 said:

3 or 4 competitors who are really serious contenders, 3 or 4 thousand who think they are.

And many, many more who know they aren't competitive but enjoy owning "the best" and can afford to indulge their desires. 

I have no illusions about my skill or competitive level but I splurged on a GMR-15 just because I wanted to own a top-tier PCC.  Others will do the same to own a  JP-5. 

Yeah, as PCCs go these things are expensive, but when you consider that Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk and Les Baer sell 1911's for well upwards of $3000 and have months or years long order backlogs, maybe JP's aren't so expensive afterall. 

1 hour ago, SteelCityShooter said:

And many, many more who know they aren't competitive but enjoy owning "the best" and can afford to indulge their desires. 

I have no illusions about my skill or competitive level but I splurged on a GMR-15 just because I wanted to own a top-tier PCC.  Others will do the same to own a  JP-5. 

Yeah, as PCCs go these things are expensive, but when you consider that Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk and Les Baer sell 1911's for well upwards of $3000 and have months or years long order backlogs, maybe JP's aren't so expensive afterall. 

Heck I have an HK SP5 so this thing will be much more affordable and more competition oriented. 🤣

Edited by Posvar
9 hours ago, Posvar said:

Another note, since this is not replacing the GMR it seems they are implying that this will not be offered as a retro kit for the GMR. I think it’s fairly safe that this is true. What do you think?

I doubt a retrofit would be practical considering most of the major components are probably different and not interchangeable. 

17 hours ago, Texaspaul said:

So why Scorpion mags over Glock - how can a double feed magazine be better that a single point feed?

Double Stack/Double Feed is superior to Double Stack/Single Feed, this has been a known good design element of submachine guns for almost 100 years. The weak point in double to single is the taper which is an additional friction point and usually the cause of malfunction in the magazine. This has been an issue in high cyclic rate firearms like submachine guns.

Additional considerations for a dedicated PCC magazine over a Pistol magazine are that a PCC magazine typically has a curve which also aids in reliable feeding, 30+ round straight magazines like in a pistol are also potential for feeding errors. Also, the feed angle on a pistol magazine is an unnatural reload angle to put the round in the correct presentation to the chamber. A dedicated PCC mag has a natural reload angle relative the the presentation of the round.

All that said, I’m sure it will be fine with the JP, they’ve been making a reliable Glock fed platform for a while. I do wish they offered both a Glock and Scorpion mag version though. I’d probably select Glock if I already shot one in competition and Scorpion if I shot anything else.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, Sarge said:

So they’ll make like 3 or 4 of them?

You would be confusing serious competitive shooters with seriously competitive shooters. Some of the most serious competitive shooters I have ever seen are guys fighting for 10th in C class. 🙂

On 2/12/2021 at 8:06 PM, Neomet said:

You would be confusing serious competitive shooters with seriously competitive shooters. Some of the most serious competitive shooters I have ever seen are guys fighting for 10th in C class. 🙂

And they're the ones trying every new thing to get that extra .03 on splits.

Sorry, I was just having a play on words there. I have seen Cs and GMs having ridiculous amounts of fun, and I have seen Cs and GMs as serious as if they were deciding which of their children to put the oxygen mask on. No offense intended to anyone. 🙂  

6 hours ago, Neomet said:

Sorry, I was just having a play on words there. I have seen Cs and GMs having ridiculous amounts of fun, and I have seen Cs and GMs as serious as if they were deciding which of their children to put the oxygen mask on. No offense intended to anyone. 🙂  

Whoaa I come over to a local match and beat you with my new JP 🙂

8 hours ago, Neomet said:

That could well happen! LOL Careful if you come over here though. Local matches mean you are competing with National and World champions. It is about as ego-unfriendly a place as you can find on the planet for this sport. 🙂 

At least I learn what to train more then. PCC matches still rare in Europe. Next one will be June (if they proceed this year) the Xtreme Euro Open in Czech (if Max Leograndis participates again I drop to 60% 🙂

• 2 months later...