Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Blowback 9mm AR PCCs have more recoil/muzzle rise than a tuned .223 AR15. That's just a fact. People want the PCC platform to have as little dot movement as on a well tuned 3-gun style AR15. It's not about it being "a problem" as much as wanting the optimum setup.

The reality is that the GMR-15 does have recoil/muzzle rise/dot movement. It's not non-existant. It's a good off the shelf, reliable option, but it's not the pinnacle of PCCs. This is why there are other people out there building their own highly tuned frakenstein AR guns, using Blitzkrieg/Kynshot buffers, using the Sig MPX, experimenting with different barrel lengths & compensators, etc...

Some of us balk at the price of JP's GMR15, then quickly realize we're not far off that price after putting together our Frankenguns. At least on the first go-around. Once you figure out what works, you spend less on subsequent builds. 

And I'm still shaking my head that they (JP) didn't just do away with the traditional AR charging handle and make it a dedicated, non-reciprocating side charger. And figure a way to eliminate the receiver extension/buffer tube so it could be a folding gun for the tactical crowd, and those that like folding guns.

+1 to the side charger. When i'll be ready to spend 5k eur on "new best pcc" first of all i'll check if it's side or not..otherwise for me it's just another well tuned, woked moneycow for a year or two..