Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What should I use my GSSF certificate on?

lfine

Got plenty of fun pieces here (although only one old G17) and have my GSSF cert to use.  Disregarding the rest of my collection and any one particular use, what would you use it on? I've got to put my order in soon. Thanks for some god ideas in advance!

Do you have a need for a carry gun?  If so, the G19 is hard to beat.  If a competition level gun is what you need it's hard to beat the G17L MOS or G34 MOS varieties.

I'm a GSSF member, so I've so far purchased a G34, G19, and G30SF.  Next one will probably be a G21 and I'll add a MOS to it.  I'm in CA so I have to stick to the lesser G3's vs G4 or G5 versions.

I picked up a g48 and gen 5 17 last week. The g48 was for the wife and the 17 was to be a replacement to my gen 4 17 that's seen a lot of rounds.

Honestly, I like how the 48 feels in my hand and I have a couple Shield Arms mags on order so I may pick up another next year.

I already have a gen 5 34 mos and really like the gen 5s.

For those asking - this isn't really to fill any particular need. I'm happy to say I've got a lot of those bases covered.  It's more to see ideas for a fun gun or maybe just something out there now that's really, really good that everyone might like.  I've also had quite a few and been a member for a number of years. i have to admit I haven't been able to handle every one out there but most of the basic ones - 26, 43, 17, 19, 34...and various gen 2s, 3s, 4s and a 5 here and there.  So if someone opened up the glock showcase and said pick one, what would you get these days?  

Thanks for the ideas already.  

Does anyone know long before after joining GSSF you are able to get a certificate? I let my membership expire as they stopped holding matches that were semi close. I recently moved to an area where the matches are closer proximity. 

That being said I would get a G34 GEN5 MOS. 

3 hours ago, Mike L. said:

Does anyone know long before after joining GSSF you are able to get a certificate? I let my membership expire as they stopped holding matches that were semi close. I recently moved to an area where the matches are closer proximity. 

That being said I would get a G34 GEN5 MOS. 

You don't get a certificate (free gun) for renewing. You get a coupon (for a discount, in the form of a Blue Label purchase).

Even if you've been expired for a while, you get the coupon right away. 

2 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

You don't get a certificate (free gun) for renewing. You get a coupon (for a discount, in the form of a Blue Label purchase).

Even if you've been expired for a while, you get the coupon right away. 

Sorry, I meant the blue label discount coupon cerificate. I knew it wasn't a certificate for a free gun. 🤣 Thanks.

On 9/6/2020 at 9:53 AM, lfine said:

Got plenty of fun pieces here (although only one old G17) and have my GSSF cert to use.  Disregarding the rest of my collection and any one particular use, what would you use it on? I've got to put my order in soon. Thanks for some god ideas in advance!

Just grab a Gen 5 17

13 minutes ago, lfine said:

I've come to believe that no house is complete without a Glock 17 and an old copy of "Frampton Comes Alive". (That's a bone for all the older members here.)

Funny - no one said a 17L.

Funny, that’s what I used mine on for a home defense gat but by the time it came, I’d caught the CO bug (I got the MOS) and now it’s in the competition stable. What’s the difference between a 17L and a 34?

BTW, regarding “Frampton comes alive”, I saw him live in Mile High stadium (aptly named that day) and bought the album the next day. It blew me away that they recorded the concert I’d just seen. Then I read the liner notes that it was recorded at the beginning of the tour. A real eye opener when it came to me how rehearsed all those “spontaneous” moments are at a concert.

Edited by Mcfoto

10 hours ago, gaj529 said:

I’m in the same situation and no one around Nashville has any blue label in stock. I hope you’re able to find what you’re looking for. I’d like a Glock 45 MOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my name on the list at the LGS for a g48 and it came in around a month. They also got in a G17 that there was no wait list so I bought that too.