Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition shoes -which ones?

Ozy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed back and forth with a rep from Boombah a few months back and was told that they are designing a new trail shoe. Obviously that hasn't happened, I'll email them next week to see. They have a training store about 4 miles from me.

The new Turf's look like they would work for most surfaces. They are actually pretty similar to the Trails on the inside portion of the sole. They look like they don't have the same drop as the Trail/Hellcats. Also seems like the bottom is more flat. 

This year's mode of the Under Armour baseball turf has a more aggressive pattern than the previous model. Almost like the golf shoes that come with small rubber spikes. Basic black or a variety of colors.

https://www.eastbay.com/product/~/23000002.html?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=paid search-_-google-_-g-_-PLA-_-DPA-_--_-P-_-Prospecting-_--_-9239169973-_--_-96614061031-_-PLA-_-23000002-10.0-_--_--_-&gclid=CjwKCAjww-CGBhALEiwAQzWxOi7GMIKsEbiYWAfZ8KFgO14FuWiOf6QDX5eH6skW--VVsZt3iNLwXhoC7ToQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

21 hours ago, promtcy said:

I emailed back and forth with a rep from Boombah a few months back and was told that they are designing a new trail shoe. Obviously that hasn't happened, I'll email them next week to see. They have a training store about 4 miles from me.

The new Turf's look like they would work for most surfaces. They are actually pretty similar to the Trails on the inside portion of the sole. They look like they don't have the same drop as the Trail/Hellcats. Also seems like the bottom is more flat. 

That's odd, you can design a new shoe and still be selling your older line.  I know some shooters in my area are distressed that the trails are gone.  Not real keen on dropping 3-4x as much for speedcross again.

Edited by vluc

12 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

I, too, am bummed that Boombah dropped the Hellcats.  I wonder if they know how much shooters like them.  Might be worth the time for everyone who will miss those shoes to drop the company a note.

I dropped them a note to tell them that exact thing! I'll let you know what I find out.

I just got an email back this morning saying that they "should be releasing a new trail shoe this fall/winter". 

Lol, so take your pick... 

Edited by vluc

8 hours ago, Malarky112 said:

We all need to email them and tell them to get them back in production

Our luck is that they know that, will put out a new model that is less than the hellcat, bump the list price to $80+

On 6/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, Balakay said:

I am currently using my Hoka Speedgoats.  I have tried football cleats, lacrosse cleats, Salomon Speedcross, and a few different Inov-8s (Mudclaw, X-Talon, etc)

While the Hokas are not the most aggressive tread of the bunch, they are without doubt the most comfortable that I have found.  

They are available in wider widths and the tread is sufficiently grippy for the terrain where I shoot

Couldn’t agree more … the Bokassa are super comfortable…. Yet aggressive enough to give you a good grip and traction.

I use LaSportiva Kaptivas I have also used the Mutant from them as well.

LaSportiva Kaptiva Shoes

LaSportiva Mutant Shoes

I can't use shoes with narrow toe boxes like the Solomans. 

LaSportivas have nice arch support and good tread. The rubber works pretty well even on wet painted wood. They are comfortable for all day wear as well. 

On 7/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, rpm8300 said:

They are expensive but the Salomans are great shoes - I used to do Speedcrosses but now use a combination of those and the Outlines:

https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/product/outline.html#color=49396

These are great for everyday and match uses - they have plenty of traction but traditional laces and are very comfy.

Outlines are great but at $110....

I wore boombahs to play softball in and I don’t know how you guys are wearing them for matches. I had to resort to removing my shoes between games of long tournaments or I was crippled after. And I wasn’t even in my 30s yet. 

I really bet that boombah has no idea shooters even wear them

I liked the Boombah's and would have gotten another pair.  For trail running, the heel was a bit hard. I think they're a good option for shooting in wet/muddy conditions and I'm hanging on to my one pair for those times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A great indoor shoe or all around shoe for people with foot, knee, hip problems is BROOKS addiction walker it comes in many sizes, anti slip sole ,leather and very stable the only problem is most people do not like the looks of it.