Ozy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, stick said:

Another pair of Salomons!

What's wrong with the Speedcross shoes?

Not a thing , but wondering if the solomons have been dethroned by another maker as the shooters must have....

• 1 month later...

Everyone wears salomons or boombahs ...  I used north face trail running shoes for a long time which has similar or more tread than salomons for reference.  

Last year I was sprinting as fast as possible (as one should), I slipped in some nice florida sugar sand.  Luckily didn't dq or anything but still freaked me out.  

So from a recommendation from someone at a match, I bought *plastic spiked baseball cleats.  

They are super difficult to find as most baseball cleats are metal, but I was able to find some softish plastic cleats.  I cannot express the difference it has made.  I'm able to always run as fast as possible with confidence.  

Florida match terrain can be anything from hard packed ground, grass, sugar sand, to mud.  The cleats can handle everything.  

On 6/17/2020 at 12:24 PM, 22 shooter said:

Boombah trail shoes

Bought a pair of these during their clearance sale.  Love them and you can get 2 pair for the price of the Solomon’s and still buy a burger!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 6:27 PM, NoSteel said:

Bought a pair of these during their clearance sale.  Love them and you can get 2 pair for the price of the Solomon’s and still buy a burger!

lol, true testament~  However, price doesn't always equal to quality so invest wisely~ 

9 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

lol, true testament~  However, price doesn't always equal to quality so invest wisely~ 

I’ve had Solomon’s and was not happy with the fit at all but agree they are better quality..  

On 7/31/2020 at 7:27 PM, NoSteel said:

I've burned through two pairs of Speedcross 4's as the soles are softer than a cheater qualifying tire. Just received my first Boombah trail shoes and i swear they are a clone/ripoff of the Saloman's. Look, feel, and fit are identical, right down to the very narrow toe-box.

Don't know if the soles will last any longer, but at less than half the price, i won't feel so bad about turning them into lawn mowing shoes.

Edited by BentAero
Typo

9 hours ago, BentAero said:

I've burned through two pairs of Speedcross 4's as the soles are softer than a cheater qualifying tire. Just received my first Boombah trail shoes and i swear they are a clone/ripoff of the Saloman's. Look, feel, and fit are identical, right down to the very narrow toe-box.

Don't know if the soles will last any longer, but at less than half the price, i won't feel so bad about turning them into lawn meeting shoes.

Still running boombahs from 3 years ago, just got another pair for spares.  Soles are slightly harder than the speedcross in my opinion, last longer.  As was said, wider.  My speedcross shoes had a tight toe box, boombah hellcats don't.  At $35 clearance, I can by 3-4 pairs for the price of speedcross.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have wide feet so none of the gee whiz shoes people wear kill my feet so I just stick to my tried and true Merrell MOAB vents. Rugged, plenty of traction and super comfortable

Boombahs look like they are finally cleared out and aren't coming back. There have a couple of sizes left but are all small.

I've been running some Teva hiking/running type hybrid shoe but the tread is wearing out.

On 6/23/2021 at 9:23 PM, Ozy said:

Has anyone tried the HOKA trail shoes for our game?

I am currently using my Hoka Speedgoats.  I have tried football cleats, lacrosse cleats, Salomon Speedcross, and a few different Inov-8s (Mudclaw, X-Talon, etc)

While the Hokas are not the most aggressive tread of the bunch, they are without doubt the most comfortable that I have found.  

They are available in wider widths and the tread is sufficiently grippy for the terrain where I shoot

On 7/31/2020 at 8:39 AM, hello0o0o0o said:

So from a recommendation from someone at a match, I bought *plastic spiked baseball cleats.  

Florida match terrain can be anything from hard packed ground, grass, sugar sand, to mud.  The cleats can handle everything.  

Anything at all… Except for wet wood. 

Unannounced ice skating sessions with a loaded gun in your hand and all of your friends behind you is not a great time. Can verify. 😂

(This is why you want to bring a second pair of rubber soled shoes to a major if you prefer to shoot in hard cleats, just in case.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic