Competition shoes -which ones?

Ozy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Nathanb said:

Until you come across wet wood. 

I’ve never shot in wood/mulch but I’ve always show on either dirt, sand, or gravel and the cleats did just fine. Don’t know if there’s anything you can do well against wet wood.

3 hours ago, Kwontanamo said:

I’ve never shot in wood/mulch but I’ve always show on either dirt, sand, or gravel and the cleats did just fine. Don’t know if there’s anything you can do well against wet wood.

I see a lot of wood fault lines or other props. It’s how I know the baseball cleats don’t work well. Probably the same for those that use pvc too. But you’re right. There isn’t much you can do for that. I just think baseball cleats are the worst for those 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 3:21 AM, Lightj75 said:

I have the Solomon speedcross 5 gtx and have been very happy with them plus they are water proof. There's nothing I hate more than wet feet. 

I am a fan of these shoes and also like the Salewa Ultra Train 2. Similar in terms of design and support, plus they're comfortable to train in.

I use the SPIKECROSS 5 GORE-TEX. I got them last winter for a few winter matches and were awesome, I continued to use them through the summer and to my surprise there were great! even at a super muddy match, where there were a few people that had slip and falls, they were solid. 

https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/product/spikecross-5-gore-tex-lg1760.html#color=27904

Someone else mentioned these near the beginning of the thread, and i wanted to circle back 😉 

• 3 months later...

After wearing Boombah Hellcats for the last two years, I've converted to softball cleats with very deep rubber lugs for all outdoor shooting.

They were hell to break in but traction is out of this world in anything except maybe solid, wet wood.  Something I see in matches maybe once a year, and I still have my Hellcats for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Speaking of updates, this from Boombah on 10/5/22

Vince,
Thank you for reaching out again. I have spoken with one of the other ladies here and they said that we will be coming out with a new trail shoe similar to the Hellcat. The bad news is we will not have them until the end of next year. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Angie

• 5 months later...

Update: I bought my Speedcross 5 shoes in July of 2021. I mainly wore them at matches and they've made it almost 2 years. I would say I average 3 matches per month. The exterior of the shoes are in good shape and the interior of the shoes are in very good shape. But the lugs on the soles have worn down to the point that they aren't worth using any longer. Probably should have retired them a couple of months ago. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

What about INDOOR shoots on slippery floors?

Vans, or any similar Skateboard shoe.  I have yet to slip once using Vans. 

I wonder if deck shoes for sailing would be good to?  Although those are not designed to run in.

16 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Vans, or any similar Skateboard shoe.  I have yet to slip once using Vans. 

I wonder if deck shoes for sailing would be good to?  Although those are not designed to run in.

I use 5.11 mtb shoes with sticky climbing rubber but if i don’t wet them first they still aren’t “great” 😬