Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 and Carry optics

10 hours ago, RJH said:

This is a very solid point. I only started carry-ops because I ran out of primers pretty much for my limited gun, but I could buy  factory 9. Had I been able to get primers, I probably wouldn't have messed with carryops. And when I get primers, I'm pretty sure I'll switch back to limited. Right now I'm splitting between carryops and single stack/l10/limited with 10 round mags in my 1911

I like your optimism!!  

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evolution is what keeps the world moving forward and variety is the spice of life… Tweaking the rules is evolution and adding spice. Please do not let this sport grow old, stale and die. Instead find ways to attract new shooters and ways to allow aging shooters to enjoy the short longer.  We can always sit around and say remember back when… 

1 hour ago, Gcarr said:

Evolution is what keeps the world moving forward and variety is the spice of life… Tweaking the rules is evolution and adding spice. Please do not let this sport grow old, stale and die. Instead find ways to attract new shooters and ways to allow aging shooters to enjoy the short longer.  We can always sit around and say remember back when… 

That’s all well and good as long as it doesn’t make certain guns obsolete overnight. Remember 8 shot revolver?

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

That’s all well and good as long as it doesn’t make certain guns obsolete overnight. Remember 8 shot revolver?

I do,, 

On 5/28/2020 at 9:37 AM, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Staccato (formerly STI) to make a large donation? 

That is the secret, in USPSA. But, it is also happening in other shootings sports, like SASS( No allowing model 12 Winchester shotguns and 1911's )and IDPA ( Allowing 15 rounds in SSP)

How many current divisions can a 2011 shoot in? I know indian and all that, but should we price out shooting? Look at production, flame on, don't care if you set me on fire. I'm a penny counter, I like that I have some place that my low end guns don't get shame. I get it, but in the end we start telling new shooters you can't play with us unless you show up big and bold with a super shooter. So you wanted to shoot open on the cost effective side, went in full on open with a minor caliber, and holy crap this is breaking my blaster. I know let's make it legal in CO, because more people are shooting it now. 1, get better as an open shooter with a real open gun, shoot an open caliber, 2 we have screwed enough shooters. Everyone keeps talking growing the sport, well lets not be di$ks and let new shooters show up and have a place to shoot and be competitive, how many new shooters show up with a 2011 with a RSO and 140mm mags bitching that the carry comp wont let them shoot in prod, because this is what you have to carry in the streets. I'm a CO shooter, I run and G17 or a Sig X5, I would still Shoot CO if it was still 10 Rounds. At some point we still need a division for newer shooters, or we will not grow the sport. If we want a sport for the few, that never grows, just keep on keeping on.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:27 PM, floater said:

Everyone keeps talking growing the sport, well lets not be di$ks and let new shooters show up and have a place to shoot and be competitive, how many new shooters show up with a 2011 with a RSO and 140mm mags bitching that the carry comp wont let them shoot in prod, because this is what you have to carry in the streets. I'm a CO shooter, I run and G17 or a Sig X5, I would still Shoot CO if it was still 10 Rounds. At some point we still need a division for newer shooters, or we will not grow the sport. If we want a sport for the few, that never grows, just keep on keeping on.

New shooters will never be competitive in anything NO MATTER WHAT. 

New shooters have EIGHT divisions to choose from.  Those who bitch because their dumb Roland Special has to go to open will likely never come back and good riddance.  We don't need bitches or whiners.

Those who are mature enough to understand that they need to adapt to the game and not make the game adapt to suit them seem to be the majority, almost always end up doing well, and are welcomed everywhere.

44 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Noobs get killed in IDPA too, particularly when a USPSA B class shooter shows up.

we have some A class uspsa guys here who shoot IDPA a few times a year with their EDC gear, so B won't guarantee you a win, even with a gamer vest and drop-offset holster.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:20 PM, usmc1974 said:

That is the secret, in USPSA. But, it is also happening in other shootings sports, like SASS( No allowing model 12 Winchester shotguns and 1911's )and IDPA ( Allowing 15 rounds in SSP)

Like Production Optics "light" in IPSC.  Plz.

I don't think the Production Optics Light division in IPSC will last long.

If I recall someone (German RD ?) was pushing for a Production-Light division for a long time to encourage more people to shoot polymer-frame guns.

I think the reason why IPSC favors the CZ or Tanfoglio is those companies offer more off-the-shelf competition parts for their guns, which are legal in IPSC Production/Optics.

Glock, S&W, Walther etc. don't have much in the way of options for tweaking the guns, and the captured guide-rods that many of them use make it hard to tailor the recoil spring for different rounds.

5 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

My knee-jerk reaction is still to not be in favor or 2011 style guns allowed in CO.

Whether it will be allowed or not will depend more on revenue than what may be good for the sport as a whole.

There was a BOD meeting on 11th to discuss the budget - still no minutes - but if they think that 2011 will bring in more revenue then chances are it will happen.

46 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Whether it will be allowed or not will depend more on revenue than what may be good for the sport as a whole.

maybe.  I've talked to some board members and it seems like the ONLY people that want 2011's in CO are a couple mfrs. Pretty much everyone else at every level of the organization (BOD, RMI's, shooters) seems to be against it. I'll have the opportunity to discuss it further with some of those folks at classic nats, but I will be surprised if anything changes.

I also don't see it having any effect on revenue. there are almost zero people that would suddenly start shooting uspsa if their gun was approved, and as someone mentioned earlier, we don't need people like that anyway. Noobs who want to change the rules to fit what they already own should go somewhere else.

What if we make carry optics go back to a 10 round mag limit, but then allow single stack with red dots in carry-ops. Think of all the Boomer 1911 revenue we could get. Hell, if we did eight major or 10 minor and allowed 1911s in carryops the Boomer money would really start to flow

10 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Boomer 1911 revenue? The Single Stack Classic at Pasa just had 48 shooters in it. 

He was obviously being sarcastic. Haha

Edited by Posvar

5 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

I don't think the Production Optics Light division in IPSC will last long.

If I recall someone (German RD ?) was pushing for a Production-Light division for a long time to encourage more people to shoot polymer-frame guns.

I think the reason why IPSC favors the CZ or Tanfoglio is those companies offer more off-the-shelf competition parts for their guns, which are legal in IPSC Production/Optics.

Glock, S&W, Walther etc. don't have much in the way of options for tweaking the guns, and the captured guide-rods that many of them use make it hard to tailor the recoil spring for different rounds.

It seems that USPSA, Is handing out the new Divisions, the way the world is handing out participation trophies.lol

Edited by usmc1974

2 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

It seems that USPSA, Is handing out the new Divisions, the way the world is handing out participation trophies.lol

Idk, if I remember right ss came out in about 2005 and was the last division adopted till 2018 or so when PCC and CO came about.  I am sure someone can find the exact years, but a whopping 2 new divisions in ~13 years don't seem like much. Especially when you consider one of them is already one of, if not the most popular, current division. Seems like as much as people want to complain, USPSA is apparently giving most people the divisions they want.  And I don't think anyone is easily taking a winners ribbon from either of the 2 newest divisions

22 minutes ago, RJH said:

Idk, if I remember right ss came out in about 2005 and was the last division adopted till 2018 or so when PCC and CO came about.  I am sure someone can find the exact years, but a whopping 2 new divisions in ~13 years don't seem like much. Especially when you consider one of them is already one of, if not the most popular, current division. Seems like as much as people want to complain, USPSA is apparently giving most people the divisions they want.  And I don't think anyone is easily taking a winners ribbon from either of the 2 newest divisions

👍🏻

4 hours ago, RJH said:

What if we make carry optics go back to a 10 round mag limit, but then allow single stack with red dots in carry-ops. Think of all the Boomer 1911 revenue we could get. Hell, if we did eight major or 10 minor and allowed 1911s in carryops the Boomer money would really start to flow

I think all guns should be limited to 10 rounds. Then redo the Divisions. Sure would be interesting to see how everything shakes out. Always wondered which modifications make the most difference. Compensators, red dots etc.