Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Trigger option 🤔

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I inquired with Hiperfire prior to ordering my PDI unit, they said that they would be ready to ship the first week in April. I’ll let you all know when it arrives as I have placed an order about two weeks ago, stay tuned.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an MBX Pro PCC - factory setup, "yellow" recoil spring and their buffer with weakest internal spring.   Ammo between 125-137 PF (124 and 147 gr).  Came with POF trigger, around 3.7 pound heavy.. Had regular hammer failure to reset. 
Installed Triggertech Diamond, instant full auto at 1.5 pound, but even with 3.5 pound ocasionally goes auto and also sometimes failure to reset the hammer... WTF..? I am new to PCC but there must be a working trigger that is also light... ? :)

On 2/15/2020 at 4:04 PM, FF112173 said:

What is everyone running for drop in triggers? I’d like to stay with reasonable priced options but am willing to look at higher priced ones also. This will be in a build for both USPSA and Steel Challange. Go!

A topic on this subject was created in the past. You can find some good suggestions there:

I run this one - Brownells # 100-020-432. Breaks under 2 lbs. It is a two stage, but the first stage is very short. The first stage can be removed if you know how. I paid $86 for it. Has gone up to $96 now. Unfortunately it's on back order. It is as good as the RRA trigger. 

Edited by Joe D
more info

I have had the best results with the Timney AR PCC trigger. The little anvil seems to make a difference in reliability. Went through a few other such as Elfman, ect but nothing has been as reliable and consistent as the Timney. Not the lightest pull weight but just keeps running without issue.

13 hours ago, PCKLST said:

I have had the best results with the Timney AR PCC trigger. The little anvil seems to make a difference in reliability. Went through a few other such as Elfman, ect but nothing has been as reliable and consistent as the Timney. Not the lightest pull weight but just keeps running without issue.

Is it the gold/yellow one or the black one?

Have the Timney in my FTM - works great. , Have a POF in the QC-10, works great.  Have a LaRue MBT-1S in CMMG Colt, Ok for price. Just bought a CMC - have not tried.  I have two Rise, 525 and 140  and both have failed - will use these in std AR-15 not AR-9.  Rise did fix the triggers.

Edited by Texaspaul
On 4/3/2020 at 7:44 AM, PCKLST said:

Gold one. Single stage

I picked up one of the gold ones on sale a couple of months ago and finally got around to putting it in an PCC I just put together and it wouldn't reset without pushing the trigger forward.  I took it apart and it doesn't have a coil spring (trigger spring?) under the trigger.  There is a pocket for the spring, but no spring.  I replaced it in the PCC with a Hiperfire 24C.

I put a couple drops of oil on the Timney's pivot bushings and put it in a dedicated .22lr  lower and it is working fine, resets OK.  Trigger pull is around 2lbs.  Does your gold Timney have a spring under the trigger?

I have not looked. I will check it out next time i do some cleaning. Their customer service and warranty are excellent. The fact that it is set at 2lbs instead of the 3lbs that usually come from the factory sounds like someone may have adjusted it to far. Although they say that their triggers are adjustable I have always left them at the factory setting. 

18 hours ago, 3tech said:

Got a tracking number today on the PDI I ordered in March from HiperFire, stay tuned. emoji16.pngemoji1303.png

Cool. Interested how these compare to the Hipertouch ones..

Received the Hiperfire PDI unit it the mail late Thursday. Since it’s going into a new build and every range is on intergalactic lock down, I won’t be able to give you a ‘range report.’ I did finish assembling the PCC this morning and the trigger breaks just a little heavier than 2.25 lbs. Resets fairly quick and clean too. That’s all I got for you guys, more when I can get out and play. Stay safe, stay well. [emoji1303]

On 4/11/2020 at 3:57 PM, 3tech said:

Received the Hiperfire PDI unit it the mail late Thursday. Since it’s going into a new build and every range is on intergalactic lock down, I won’t be able to give you a ‘range report.’ I did finish assembling the PCC this morning and the trigger breaks just a little heavier than 2.25 lbs. Resets fairly quick and clean too. That’s all I got for you guys, more when I can get out and play. Stay safe, stay well. emoji1303.png

How’s the reset compared to the Hiperfire Eclipse and the like? Forceful or weak?