Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Trigger option 🤔

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those interested I reached out regarding the pdi triggers in the mpx compared to the 24c Here is the response 

Nathan,

The PDI will work in your MPX as well, however we wouldn't say that one is better than the other. They are both great options. If you do wish to purchase a PDI trigger, any of them will work in the MPX. There is no difference in an MPX vs a standard AR other than how hard it is on triggers. The MCX version of the PDI has been postponed to a later date, and there is no specific MPX trigger.

20 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

For those interested I reached out regarding the pdi triggers in the mpx compared to the 24c Here is the response 

Nathan,

The PDI will work in your MPX as well, however we wouldn't say that one is better than the other. They are both great options. If you do wish to purchase a PDI trigger, any of them will work in the MPX. There is no difference in an MPX vs a standard AR other than how hard it is on triggers. The MCX version of the PDI has been postponed to a later date, and there is no specific MPX trigger.

Thanks for the MPX info! 

On 4/16/2020 at 2:16 PM, Nathanb said:

Nathan,

Yeah, I reached out and got a similar response asking about the new PDI vs the Hipertouch series 243G/Reflex I've been running... Honestly I was thinking I'd switch to the PDI because I know the the MPX will eventually beat the crap out of the disconnector spring in my 243G. That said, I've got a few extra disconnector springs kicking around already if needed if/when the trigger starts acting up, but was happy and surprised to discover that my original disconnector spring looks just fine after about 7000+rds on it from the MPX and probably another 4000rds on it from the AR it used to live in previously, so guess I'm already squared away 🙂

My 243G is as good as I could hope for really: zero pre-travel, zero creep, 2lb glass-rod crisp, awesome reset. I'd highly recommend the Hiperfire's to anyone, makes the Timney that came stock in my MPX PCC model feel like garbage (and that one is really actually pretty good).

2 hours ago, Maxamundo said:

Hey guys, I got mine (2 x Rose Gold Flat). Will be testing them shortly vs the ECL and some other options. Ask if you want me to test anything in particular.

I have QC10, Gibbz, and FM9 Glock lowers.

20200418_141534.jpg

Can you please test it in a MPX 🤣

I've got some time with the PDI now. On the clock it might as well be a 24C, but when I'm sitting in my basement being a trigger snob its definitely got quite a bit more pre and over travel. For $170 its still a great trigger in the speed department but it doesn't have the glass rod break we all think we need. 24C is on the silver reciever, PDI on the black one.

47 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

I've got some time with the PDI now. On the clock it might as well be a 24C, but when I'm sitting in my basement being a trigger snob its definitely got quite a bit more pre and over travel. For $170 its still a great trigger in the speed department but it doesn't have the glass rod break we all think we need. 24C is on the silver reciever, PDI on the black one.

Thanks for posting that, appreciate it. I know it's only a vid of 1 of 1, but looks like I'm sticking with my Reflex model until I maybe get to try one out in the wild... (although now that I said that, it means my disconnector will die tomorrow because MPX lol)

Don't get me wrong, I don't think my scores would ever reflect the difference between the 24C and PDI, but they are different.

Also noticed an oddity about the PDI. With the hammer cocked and the safety engaged, pulling the trigger will drop the hammer to half cock. I know two other PDI owners that have the same thing happen.

9 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Identical to the 24C, so pretty strong. I think thats what makes these triggers so fast, since it can't be blamed on a super clean break or short travel.

Yeah, a strong tactile reset is very important. I used to have a Uronen trigger. In every respect except strong reset, I'd say it's the best trigger on the market. The crispest break you could imagine, VERY short reset and adjustable pre- and overtravel - from zero to more than you want. BUT shooting it fast, I got trigger freeze now and then. I think the reset was too short (yes, I think a reset could be too short) and not tactile enough.

I switched it out for a Hiperfire Eclipse. Not as nice (for the trigger snob in me), but no more trigger freeze. I always know where I am in the trigger movement with the Hiperfire.

Edited by mrd
1 hour ago, mrd said:

Yeah, a strong tactile reset is very important. I used to have a Uronen trigger. In every respect except strong reset, I'd say it's the best trigger on the market. The crispest break you could imagine, VERY short reset and adjustable pre- and overtravel - from zero to more than you want. BUT shooting it fast, I got trigger freeze now and then. I think the reset was too short (yes, I think a reset could be too short) and not tactile enough.

Sounds a lot like my Calvin Elite. Nicest trigger I've ever tried but sometimes I just can't run it well.

I put about 400 rounds through my new Hiperfire PDI this morning to test for function. 

I like it. 

As was mentioned, during dry fire I definitely notice the creep before the break, but the reset is strong. 

During live fire, the creep didn't bother me at all, and doing fast splits was real easy because the trigger feels like it pushes your finger forward during reset. 

I didn't experience any trigger freeze or short stroking. 

I can't wait for matches to start up again so I can really give it the ol' college try. 

• 7 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, TonytheTiger said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think my scores would ever reflect the difference between the 24C and PDI, but they are different.

Also noticed an oddity about the PDI. With the hammer cocked and the safety engaged, pulling the trigger will drop the hammer to half cock. I know two other PDI owners that have the same thing 

I just installed the pdi today and it goes to half cock while on safe with a trigger pull.   Is that dangerous? I will try to contact hiperfire tomorrow.