PCC Trigger option 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got the CMC PCC. It is not as heavy of a trigger pull as I thought 3.5lb would be. I’ve shot 500 rounds of military brand 9mm and every single round went off. I really like it so far. For only being $130 it’s been great so far.

I made a post earlier about the POF trigger. It is still running strong after thousands of rounds. I just built another rifle and tried the CMC PCC trigger. It runs great, and even though it is advertised as 3.5 pounds mine breaks under 3 pounds. Now I will see how it works long term. 

9 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Which lower are you using with the AR Diamond?  I tried one and it double-fired when I adjusted it to 2 lbs or under.

I have a Diamond AR and it will slam fire below 2 pounds. I have it set at 2.5 now and all is well. 

Currently running a JP in my gmr.
Watched a video today of the hyperfire compared to an AR gold... and holy f*#k that ar gold is tempting. Basically no travel, more of a computer mouse click than a trigger pull.

Side note, the jp shipped with somewhere between a 2.5 and 3.5 pull weight... anyone know how to bring this down severely? I’m thinking 1.5 maybe.

Going to call JP and ask about it next week.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:42 PM, Tampa-XD45 said:

Which lower are you using with the AR Diamond?  I tried one and it double-fired when I adjusted it to 2 lbs or under.

A friend of mine switched ammo/barrel/buffer recently with an AR diamond set super light as well. It went from reliable to burst firing. So that tells me the AR diamond is right on the edge of reliability.

Edited by Maxamundo
16 hours ago, hello0o0o0o said:

Currently running a JP in my gmr.
Watched a video today of the hyperfire compared to an AR gold... and holy f*#k that ar gold is tempting. Basically no travel, more of a computer mouse click than a trigger pull.

Side note, the jp shipped with somewhere between a 2.5 and 3.5 pull weight... anyone know how to bring this down severely? I’m thinking 1.5 maybe.

Going to call JP and ask about it next week.

The AR Gold PCC trigger is good to go. I've tried it in a lot of different configurations that are not exactly trigger friendly, and it's been pretty reliable. The hiperfire has such a different feel though when you shoot it. The best way I can describe it is, hiperfires seem to shoot pairs/doubles without any mechanical effort from the shooter. You just think pair, and it goes off twice. AR Gold makes it very easy to shoot fast, but you have to do the work yourself.

One thing I've found is that after shooting hiperfire for a while, and then trying nearly ANY other trigger, is that it takes me a significant amount of time to remove trigger freeze. Going back to hiperfire, trigger freeze is almost immediately gone.

On 3/18/2020 at 2:12 PM, 3tech said:

Just ordered a Hiperfire PDI, backordered but, I still need a few other parts anyways. I reach out and give feedback once I receive it. emoji16.pngemoji1303.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have two of these coming as well, I'm really excited for it, because I think it will eliminate some issues that the ECL/24Cs have with slight changes in lower specs. Out of my 3 ECLs, I have one that gives me trouble (and it's not the one with the most use). I get occasional FTRs and haven't been able to diagnose the problem. And in a brand new Gibbz lower that I am testing, I was getting burst fire with the ECL while the PCC Gold worked fine.

Edited by Maxamundo
3 hours ago, Maxamundo said:

The AR Gold PCC trigger is good to go. I've tried it in a lot of different configurations that are not exactly trigger friendly, and it's been pretty reliable. The hiperfire has such a different feel though when you shoot it. The best way I can describe it is, hiperfires seem to shoot pairs/doubles without any mechanical effort from the shooter. You just think pair, and it goes off twice. AR Gold makes it very easy to shoot fast, but you have to do the work yourself.

One thing I've found is that after shooting hiperfire for a while, and then trying nearly ANY other trigger, is that it takes me a significant amount of time to remove trigger freeze. Going back to hiperfire, trigger freeze is almost immediately gone.

Funny enough the video I was referring to was yours hahah.  
It’s interesting you say that about the hiperfire.  Since it has so much more travel you’d think you’d get more trigger freeze.  
I’m definitely going to tune my trigger down before moving onto a different one.  

What’s the lowest pull weight you go on the hiperfire?  I think I’m just used to the feathery light triggers on my pistols. 

9 minutes ago, hello0o0o0o said:

Funny enough the video I was referring to was yours hahah.  
It’s interesting you say that about the hiperfire.  Since it has so much more travel you’d think you’d get more trigger freeze.  
I’m definitely going to tune my trigger down before moving onto a different one.  

What’s the lowest pull weight you go on the hiperfire?  I think I’m just used to the feathery light triggers on my pistols. 

I have always just installed them with the heaviest toggle springs and shot them. Usually they pull at around 2.25-2.5 when new, and break in at around 2lbs even. The thing with the AR gold/diamond is the reset force is almost non-existent. The hiperfire allows me to reset the trigger with still a bit of pressure on the trigger bow, since the return spring combined with impulse from the bolt bottoming out almost forces my finger forward. So it's essentially like for a pair of shots, I have to put 2.5lbs of pressure, release to a positive pressure of 0.25 - 0.5lbs to reset, then go to 2.5lbs again. With the AR Gold, it's going from 2 lbs of pressure to 0lbs with some forward muscular movement (physically moving my finger forward the 1-2mm to reset the trigger) then back to 2lbs. I find that I get accustomed to not physically letting the pressure go to 0 lbs with the hiperfire, and that becomes a habit. When I move to a new trigger that requires it, it's physically impossible for me to shoot 2 in a row without trigger freeze until I overcome that mental barrier and re-learn a different trigger technique again. It usually takes me about a mag or two, and is extremely frustrating. But that's my working theory of why it happens. Not extremely sure it's exactly like that.

19 hours ago, Maxamundo said:

I have two of these coming as well, I'm really excited for it, because I think it will eliminate some issues that the ECL/24Cs have with slight changes in lower specs. Out of my 3 ECLs, I have one that gives me trouble (and it's not the one with the most use). I get occasional FTRs and haven't been able to diagnose the problem. And in a brand new Gibbz lower that I am testing, I was getting burst fire with the ECL while the PCC Gold worked fine.

What is HiperFire's intended position/purpose for their new PDI trigger family?

HiperFire says the new PDI trigger family meets all the same light primer strike criteria of their current competition triggers...  Eclipse, 24c...  without the dual toggle spring setup of their current competition triggers...  It starts at 2Lbs...  It's one piece design is much easier to install...  no toggle springs launching towards the ceiling...  and it's cheaper than the Eclipse...  and yet they say they will still continue to offer the Eclipse and 24c triggers?

Is the PDI system just a value based system that's created to compete with all the other one piece trigger assemblies?  Or is it a new improved competition trigger that's better than HiperFire's original triggers?

45 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

What is HiperFire's intended position/purpose for their new PDI trigger family?

HiperFire says the new PDI trigger family meets all the same light primer strike criteria of their current competition triggers...  Eclipse, 24c...  without the dual toggle spring setup of their current competition triggers...  It starts at 2Lbs...  It's one piece design is much easier to install...  no toggle springs launching towards the ceiling...  and it's cheaper than the Eclipse...  and yet they say they will still continue to offer the Eclipse and 24c triggers?

Is the PDI system just a value based system that's created to compete with all the other one piece trigger assemblies?  Or is it a new improved competition trigger that's better than HiperFire's original triggers?

I don't understand the "meets same light primer strike criteria" thing either, since even if these do have a powerful hammer strike, there's no way they come close to the 24 series with the toggles. Handling the triggers at SHOT, I felt like they were a 24C/243G copy with a little more travel in either direction. To be honest, if these are reliable in PCCs and other guns, I don't see there being a need to buy a 24C or ECL anymore. Maybe if you pay close attention in dry fire, you'll notice that technically the ECL feels better with less travel. But shooting the triggers, you most likely won't notice.

I think this is a good thing though, especially at the price point of $180. And there's a lot that can go wrong when installing a hiperfire 24 series for someone without much experience, so this should make the whole thing a lot easier on people.

Not questioning anyone's judgment, but I don't get the hype on hiperfire.  The ones I've tried were awful.  And when I checked what they had on display at SHOT and NRA shows in the past, they were just as bad as I remembered.  Maybe I'm missing something.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, ltdmstr said:

Not questioning anyone's judgment, but I don't get the hype on hiperfire.  The ones I've tried were awful.  And when I checked what they had on display at SHOT and NRA shows in the past, they were just as bad as I remembered.  Maybe I'm missing something.

They make several models.  Some that are heavier and more 'duty' type, and then others geared towards competition.  Did you specifically try the Hipertouch/competition versions?

On 3/20/2020 at 7:27 PM, ltdmstr said:

I have a love/hate relationship with my 24c. Like you say, dryfiring it I can't stand it. It feels mushy and heavy. But then I shoot it and just like Max said, this trigger wants to shoot fast pairs with no effort on my part.

On 3/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, Maxamundo said:

I don't understand the "meets same light primer strike criteria" thing either, since even if these do have a powerful hammer strike, there's no way they come close to the 24 series with the toggles. Handling the triggers at SHOT, I felt like they were a 24C/243G copy with a little more travel in either direction. To be honest, if these are reliable in PCCs and other guns, I don't see there being a need to buy a 24C or ECL anymore. Maybe if you pay close attention in dry fire, you'll notice that technically the ECL feels better with less travel. But shooting the triggers, you most likely won't notice.

I think this is a good thing though, especially at the price point of $180. And there's a lot that can go wrong when installing a hiperfire 24 series for someone without much experience, so this should make the whole thing a lot easier on people.

I probably will be picking up the PDI regardless just because of the low price tag, even if I've gone with an AR Gold or something else in the meantime. 
It's really hard to beat the price tag on it.

Since you've got experience with both, would you say that it's got a similar "pushing back" force as the 24C?  

19 minutes ago, hello0o0o0o said:

I probably will be picking up the PDI regardless just because of the low price tag, even if I've gone with an AR Gold or something else in the meantime. 
It's really hard to beat the price tag on it.

Since you've got experience with both, would you say that it's got a similar "pushing back" force as the 24C?  

Yes, seems like they're using the same trigger spring, and the toggles actually make the reset force less than if they werent there (although that reset force reduction is so marginally small because the toggle springs barely contract a half coil during reset). The reset on the PDI feels nice and positive. I think it's going to be a great trigger.