Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Safariland 015 Competition Holster

BangSwitch

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks solid. Has the features I look for such as being able to take the body off of the hanger for travel, plenty of clearance between the holster and hanger and height adjustable. 

I think the description of the lock position listed in the description is incorrect. 

Will get one when available. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to handle it and play with an STI  grip frame at SHOT.  I also had the chance to talk to Bobby McGee about it.  It looks like it will be a great holster.  The lock works unobtrusively and it releases very smoothly.  It is supposed to work with all 2011 patterns, metal and plastic.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Shooters connection had a bunch of them.

Looks like they still have left handers in stock.

Right hand on back order until June 19th.

Edited by clw42

55 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Guess you haven’t found one you like, huh?

All of them has something I don't like... The Safariland 014 had some wobble in the gun when holstered, and I don't like the muzzle support. Not able to get into some awkward positions that European matches love. The Everglades really jabbed me quite hard in the leg, but has a great holster body.

The Alpha-X is my current holster, but with my new Venom guns they hang up unless I have a perfectly vertical draw. The hanger on the Alpha-X is pretty awesome though.

Hopefully the 015 solves all the problems......

19 minutes ago, Unregistered said:

All of them has something I don't like... The Safariland 014 had some wobble in the gun when holstered, and I don't like the muzzle support. Not able to get into some awkward positions that European matches love. The Everglades really jabbed me quite hard in the leg, but has a great holster body.

The Alpha-X is my current holster, but with my new Venom guns they hang up unless I have a perfectly vertical draw. The hanger on the Alpha-X is pretty awesome though.

Let us know how you like it compared to the Everglades MRH, leg-jabbing aside! I personally don't find the MRH painful, but I have one with the thigh pad.

I am curious how this will work as I just bought an Alpha-x for my Czechmate. Was really eyeballing the safariland because I love their gear for 3-gun but could not wait any longer to get the Czechmate geared up. If it is a huge benefit, I can certainly see getting the Safariland if it is a huge benefit over the tried-and-true Alpha-x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Unregistered said:

What grip do your new guns use and what insert are you using on the Alpha x?