Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Safariland 015 Competition Holster

BangSwitch

11 hours ago, ahfox32 said:

My gun with a E2 aggressive grip works perfectly with the 015 holster.

One of mine does and one doesn't.  The one that doesn't is bigger by .11 inches.  As a matter of fact, it doesn't really work in the Everglades or the Alpha X either.  It's the same bind in all three.  Cheely has been contacted so we'll see what he has to say.  My hope is that the grip can just be cut down and re chromed.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever find out if you can buy the extension to convert the 015 into the 015XL? It looks like they completely stopped selling the 015, and the 015XL is exactly the same price.

For anyone that has the XL, can you detach the muzzle support or is it built into the holster?

Edited by avastcosmicarena

I bought the "015XL" direct from safariland about 2-3 weeks ago. received a "regular" one without muzzle support. not sure if they've actually released it yet. the pictures on the website still do not show it. doesn't matter to me though. great holster. just have to make sure it plays nice with your mag paddle if you have one installed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, Flanntastic said:

anybody have a manual, mine fits my STI but not my Atlas ATHENA

Strange. My 015 works very well with my Honcho. I believe it's the same grip as the Atlas, no? I did have an issue with the gun hanging up in holster, but after the long bottom bolt fell out of the holster and onto the ground, I realized what the problem was. Tightened it up with some Loctite, and it was back to normal.

I really like the holster, but I do wish that I could disengage the locking lever on the draw stroke. As it is right now, the lever is a little too short, and I'm not able to properly disengage the locking device with any real consistency. If it were just a hair longer, I don't think I would have any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread and it had been updated a bit. I have a STI Edge with a Cheely E2 grip (original pattern) and am having a lot of issues with the DAA race master not wanting to release. Being left handed I also run into issues with finding a race holster for me. Currently I'm at a point with the DAA where I want to run it over with a dump truck and then melt it down into a block of aluminum and plastic. Going to get the 015 and see how it goes. 

13 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Glad I found this thread and it had been updated a bit. I have a STI Edge with a Cheely E2 grip (original pattern) and am having a lot of issues with the DAA race master not wanting to release. Being left handed I also run into issues with finding a race holster for me. Currently I'm at a point with the DAA where I want to run it over with a dump truck and then melt it down into a block of aluminum and plastic. Going to get the 015 and see how it goes. 

Are you using the SVI steel grip insert? 

Hello: I just bought one of these from Shooters Connection. It works great with the original STI plastic grip and the PT Evo grip. The locking lever can easily be unlocked on your draw. I have tried it a couple of times during a match and also with a seated draw. So far it is the best holster I have tried for a smooth draw. The 014 is a close second. Thanks, Eric

On 11/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, dansedgli said:

Are you using the SVI steel grip insert? 

I am, I also tried the insert for my BUL Armory open gun. Ended up doing a lot of fitting on the SVI Steel grip insert to get it to about 90%. I'd say it's about as good as it will get for my grip. I ordered the Safariland 015 from SC the other day as they had one in stock for a lefty. Just put it on a spare belt I have and tested it with about 25 dry fire draws.... WOW. I LOVE the 015. Its smmmmoooottttthhhhhh as silk. The lock lever is way better, I can actually hit it on a draw, with the ALPHA X the lock lever is to small amd I miss it usually. But man I tell ya the 015 is hands down my favorite so far. Currently I'm having a open/limited build going that I'm using the Lonestar grip on and I hope it fits the 015 just as nicely as the Cheely E2 does. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 12:21 AM, Bakerjd said:

I am, I also tried the insert for my BUL Armory open gun. Ended up doing a lot of fitting on the SVI Steel grip insert to get it to about 90%. I'd say it's about as good as it will get for my grip. I ordered the Safariland 015 from SC the other day as they had one in stock for a lefty. Just put it on a spare belt I have and tested it with about 25 dry fire draws.... WOW. I LOVE the 015. Its smmmmoooottttthhhhhh as silk. The lock lever is way better, I can actually hit it on a draw, with the ALPHA X the lock lever is to small amd I miss it usually. But man I tell ya the 015 is hands down my favorite so far. Currently I'm having a open/limited build going that I'm using the Lonestar grip on and I hope it fits the 015 just as nicely as the Cheely E2 does. 

Have you tried your Bul Armory open gun in the 015 holster yet? If so thoughts?

6 minutes ago, RUManCOKE said:

Have you tried your Bul Armory open gun in the 015 holster yet? If so thoughts?

I did. The plastic grip on the BUL guns doesnt fit the 015 holster. Was a bit disappointing actually as I'd like to have used the same gear for limited and open. 

25 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

I did. The plastic grip on the BUL guns doesn't fit the 015 holster. Was a bit disappointing actually as I'd like to have used the same gear for limited and open. 

Thank you. You saved me much time and money. I guess Alpha X is going to be what I have to run. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my 015 in. I came from the 014. My Atlas Hyperion with the Cheely works without any issues. The lock lever is super intuitive and the release out of the holster feels just as fast as the 014.

The gun rocks just a little but it's nothing bad. When when I say rock I mean physically grabbing the gun and making it rock. It obviously doesn't do it on its own.  

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Wow! $100 for just the muzzle support? And it now comes standard on the holster? Seems like a penalty for early adopters. Not very cool.

Where did you find the holster shipping with muzzle support?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, cbrussell said:

Where did you find the holster shipping with muzzle support?

Thanks.

The 015 and 015XL are two separate models. One without and one with the muzzle support. Both are available direct from Safariland as well as the 015A (muzzle support). Just search the model number on their site. 
While pricey, I wouldn’t have ordered it had I not used a trade discount coupon which was one time use.