Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 40 cal Ammo options

scduckman03

Looking at getting a 2011 pistol and wanting advice on Ammo options. I am familiar with Atlanta arms and precision delta, I was just wondering if there was any other companies making competition loads designed for a 2011 pistol. Have zero interest in loading Ammo. 

I have run quite a bit of factory 9mm through my STI edge and atlas guns, rarely out of necessity more out of curiousity and it all ran fine. It’s a bit spicy but it ran. 

Edited by Edge40

Federal syntec is a good option. There sponsored by the uspsa or vise versa and are guaranteed to make power factor. Unless you plan on chronoing ammo before buy a large quantity, most 40 will be well above power factor and be a little snappy compared to ammo designed for uspsa

13 hours ago, dthomas1003 said:

I currently run aluminum cased Blazer 180's in my Atlas Nemesis. 166.5 PF at this last Area 2. Very soft shooting and ran without issues.

Thanks. Will have to pick some of these up and try them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 2:30 PM, Leftylivesmatter said:

Precision Delta 180 Longs for sure! They load them to OAL- 1.180, which 2011's love!

^^^

Give some PD longs a try.  Order them in the "MatchPacks" and they come in a really nice mini ammo can. 

You'll love the ammo, I guarantee it.  Even if you didn't (you will ;) ), just ring the office any you'll be taken care of. 

As an FYI, PD .40 Long is also a USPSA certified ammo.