Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max vs XL?

KTM530XCW

42 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Yes have done both. Used the Phoenix trinity mount. 2e623acb478a1ab5efa6fde40955ab18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome setup!  That's what I plan on doing as well.  The PT Optic mount for the Max/XL has been out of stock for some time, but im hoping to pick one up soon.  What thumb stop is that?  

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome setup!  That's what I plan on doing as well.  The PT Optic mount for the Max/XL has been out of stock for some time, but im hoping to pick one up soon.  What thumb stop is that?  

Go gun *thumb rest [generic]* opposable extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

CO shooter here.  Just curious if XL also has a canted forward housing like the Max?  It's not clear from the pictures.  I am concerned about slide milled for XL won't accept Max because of that canting body.    

54 minutes ago, Dazhi said:

CO shooter here.  Just curious if XL also has a canted forward housing like the Max?  It's not clear from the pictures.  I am concerned about slide milled for XL won't accept Max because of that canting body.    

they are exactly the same

How tall is the battery housing on the XL? I've been running a 510c but thinking of getting an XL for my backup and they look to be a similar base height so shouldn't be too much of an index shift. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, racerwong said:

I went from a DPP to Holosun 510C to the XL.  So far the XL is working great and I wouldnt go back to the others.  

I was hoping I’d come across this answer.  Would you run the XL on a slide mount or just frame mount ? 

1 hour ago, Zack15 said:

I was hoping I’d come across this answer.  Would you run the XL on a slide mount or just frame mount ? 

I have an xl and a max, I also have a slide mount and a frame mount (honcho). The xl on the frame mount is the superior setup if you can run a race holster. I do like the roundness of the max after many years of shooting round dots my eye finds the center more intuitively but the xl glass is so big its very forgiving on transitions.

1 minute ago, inertia said:

I have an xl and a max, I also have a slide mount and a frame mount (honcho). The xl on the frame mount is the superior setup if you can run a race holster. I do like the roundness of the max after many years of shooting round dots my eye finds the center more intuitively but the xl glass is so big its very forgiving on transitions.

I’m looking at getting a honcho soon.  Hopefully I’ll catch their next sale.   But I’ll be using it mostly as a limited major and 3gun config.  I’ll run the 9mm single port barrel for some fun range drills or steel.  But I’ll just run the optic on the slide for the foreseeable future.  Maybe I’ll get into open at some point but not for awhile.  But would you still recommend the sig over the sro ?  Thank you for the help. 

THe sig has a thiner bezel and a great looking dot. For the honcho just stuck it up and get both slide and frame mounts and see what works best for you and retain the ability to change your mind, thats kinda the point of a honcho. Also the term "soon" is relative in discussion of the honcho so you will have plenty of time to decide this and catch a sale on the dot before the pistol is done. PT sells the mounts separately so you can put that decision off until you can hopefully see some dots at matches to decide what you like.

On 3/13/2020 at 7:14 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I finally had a chance to look through a Romeo 3 Max yesterday. For me I think the winner would be the Max over the XL. The round glass just seems to work better and quicker for me to find the dot. It has a thin rim around the outside of the glass so transitions should be fine. As a note I do shoot with both eyes open. I wish that they did not cost as much as they do or I would buy one or two. Thanks, Eric

My thoughts also.

• 3 months later...