Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max vs XL?

KTM530XCW

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Posvar said:

Is the XL any longer in front that it may not work on certain mounts? I have a Limcat RTS2 mount on my SaberCat and would like to just drop one on. 

Yes, for the Limcat RTS2 mount it (The mount) will need to have the clearances changed for the front of the optic to fit. Call them for options. It will not drop right on the Limcat mount.

Here is the Max next to the XL

998C99A0-A6E6-4D4F-8F35-3D25CE759478.jpeg

Edited by Hallz
Clarification

7 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

The latest Cheely mount works within the XL, RTS2, etc. it is longer and has a “cut out” in the front to accept the XL.

The V2? I heard last week that a V3 is in the works now. Maybe that is what you are referring too?

1 hour ago, GJM said:

I have been running a R3 Max as primary on a G34 CO pistol for just over a month. Prefer it to the SRO.

Yesterday, during a match, the dot failed. Will be sending back to Sig. 

Interesting.  First reported failure I've seen (obviously there's more, but I haven't seen or heard of any and haven't been looking at many forums other than Enos).  What happened?

Dot went out. I shook it, fired a shot, and worked the slide, but couldn’t get it to come back on. After a dozen or so shots, using just index, it came back on.

My wife and I have five between us. She had one where the dot went intermittent, and it stopped holding zero in windage. That is back with Sig for replacement. We love the optic — bright, great in a forward sun angle, little frame, and lots of dot intensity adjustment in the usable range. Do wish the up and down buttons had more resistance, as you have to be careful how you grab it. Also, for competition use, wish Sig ditched MOTAC, as it is just a possible failure mode. 

2 hours ago, GJM said:

Dot went out. I shook it, fired a shot, and worked the slide, but couldn’t get it to come back on. After a dozen or so shots, using just index, it came back on.

My wife and I have five between us. She had one where the dot went intermittent, and it stopped holding zero in windage. That is back with Sig for replacement. We love the optic — bright, great in a forward sun angle, little frame, and lots of dot intensity adjustment in the usable range. Do wish the up and down buttons had more resistance, as you have to be careful how you grab it. Also, for competition use, wish Sig ditched MOTAC, as it is just a possible failure mode. 

out of curiosity what brand battery do you use?

5 hours ago, GJM said:

I'm not big on MOTAC either.  I have no problem shutting it off when I'm done shooting.