Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max vs XL?

KTM530XCW

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I have not seen the Romeo3Max yet so I don't know how it would compare to the XL. I am sure if I shot the XL for a while I could get used to it. I have only been shooting the C-more's for about 10 years or so. I do like the XL over the SRO I shot a while back. So many options so little funds. Thanks, Eric

The Max shape is very much like the Cmore shape and is very easy to find the dot and center it on the target due to the round window. Max spent a ton of time in the development of it and it just works. 

On 3/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, clw42 said:

I've had my second one on backorder since December 30th.

I've had an XL in 6 moa on backorder since Black Friday! I might just cancel it soon. I already have an SRO and a bunch of Holosun 510Cs (which are definitely NOT like the glock vs SV comparison someone made above! lol)

3 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

I've had an XL in 6 moa on backorder since Black Friday! I might just cancel it soon. I already have an SRO and a bunch of Holosun 510Cs (which are definitely NOT like the glock vs SV comparison someone made above! lol)

I'm going to wait a while longer.  I've still got some time. 

I guess I'm out of the Romeo3 discussion.  I just ordered a Holoson 507C to play with.  I like the idea of the mini Eotech type reticle.  We'll see how it works out.

Hello: I have a 507C as well on my carry optics pistol and another on my backup to my backup to my backup open pistol. The round top helps me find the dot pretty quickly. The lens could be larger but the dot is very clear. Thanks, Eric

21 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

“It’s a Glock” in terms of it’s not fancy but works good and lasts long time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah it’s a Glock as in quality of it vs an SV. Sure it still works though. 

Hello: I finally had a chance to look through a Romeo 3 Max yesterday. For me I think the winner would be the Max over the XL. The round glass just seems to work better and quicker for me to find the dot. It has a thin rim around the outside of the glass so transitions should be fine. As a note I do shoot with both eyes open. I wish that they did not cost as much as they do or I would buy one or two. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I finally had a chance to look through a Romeo 3 Max yesterday. For me I think the winner would be the Max over the XL. The round glass just seems to work better and quicker for me to find the dot. It has a thin rim around the outside of the glass so transitions should be fine. As a note I do shoot with both eyes open. I wish that they did not cost as much as they do or I would buy one or two. Thanks, Eric

I figured you would like the Max over the XL due to the closer likeness to the Cmore that you are used to. I am still enjoying mine very much and am hoping they last. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aandabooks said:

A couple pages back in this thread there is a pic with a large lineup of the common dots.

I know, but they are far apart and the photo is small. I was hoping for one like the one at the start of the thread comparing the XL to the RTS2 because the XL looks absolutely massive in comparison, but when you compare the XL and the MAX side by side they look pretty similar.

10 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

I know, but they are far apart and the photo is small. I was hoping for one like the one at the start of the thread comparing the XL to the RTS2 because the XL looks absolutely massive in comparison, but when you compare the XL and the MAX side by side they look pretty similar.

I posted it somewhere here.  Let me see if I can find it. 

10 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

In person the difference is huge.  I have 4 of them and would not go back to an RTS2

22.jpg

20191208_084702.thumb.jpg.0d7981e237cb5c32742d5e04a99f2bed.jpg

683884607_thumbnail(1).jpg

Edited by echotango